Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

While there are many arguments you make meta mind, I just wanted to comment on the mask of undeath. That's Waaaay overpowered. If the user has worn it for enough time for it to work, then if you manage to kill him, he will continue attacking with no restraint or way to be defeated via battle (other than dismantling all the limbs). You can shrug off attacks as if your enemy is just poking you. There is no pain for your undead counterpart. It's so overpowered its not even funny.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

While there are many arguments you make meta mind, I just wanted to comment on the mask of undeath. That's Waaaay overpowered. If the user has worn it for enough time for it to work, then if you manage to kill him, he will continue attacking with no restraint or way to be defeated via battle (other than dismantling all the limbs). You can shrug off attacks as if your enemy is just poking you. There is no pain for your undead counterpart. It's so overpowered its not even funny.

Which is why I specifically stated that I understand why it's banned. :P

At any rate, I'd like to make a request: could all Jhianil crew members read my latest post in Ga? It's a part of Detero's character development and all, and I'd hate to have to work around everyone totally ignoring it. (Especially since the idea just came so perfectly on time as I was contemplating what to post :P).

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

The issue isn't as much with the powers themselves as it is with the players' tendency to abuse them.

Guys, I don't think you gave your beloved staff member here enough credit. While I appreciate the discussion, it's time that we move on. I was the one that wrote that list, and I was the one that had the final say on what stayed and what went (with Nuju's help as always; thanks buddy ;) ) Back to the quote above-

The list was not compiled solely on the masks' power description and usage. The bigger question when each mask was brought up, how bad could a player abuse that ability. Some may seem stupid, but most of you haven't been playing this game for ten years; you haven't seen just how bad a single player can really screw up the system with some of those banned masks. Actually, ANY mask can be overpowered and abused; it just really came down to which masks do I think as a GM I can handle and which ones I can't when things go wrong. When making a game like this the greatest consideration is the player, and what they are capable of - if it can be pushed, prodded, abused, and broken, it will happen at one point. Maybe sooner, maybe later, but someone WILL do it. That is the reason why.

So rest assured we are merely looking out for your well-being, trying to keep this game as fun and balanced as possible :)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Wow, that Xa-Toa. If Kehuri could hear THAT.

That's the torture of dramatic irony. The temptation of metagaming. When your character would inevitably step in if he could just hear what was going on...

But I must resist! Metagaming is the path to the dark side!

On another note, how bad would it be if I made a Toa of Water just for the sake of putting out Le-Koro faster since nobody can apparently help?

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I might agree with him more if it were not the fact that Xa-koro was where pirates ran to, not sent to.

Come to think of it, pirate raids are going to be a lot more common now that their resupply point is gone.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

He believes the villages did it?

he is faking the one crucial point about Xa-Koro's destruction.

*ahem*

I might agree with him more if it were not the fact that Xa-koro was where pirates ran to, not sent to.

That's not how I described it in my time in Xa-Koro or how I saw it. I believed it to be a mini Karzahni where the misfits and rejects were sent to live their lives in. Sure, some pirates came, too, but they were attracted to it because of the dark atmosphere and culture already there. Everyone else was sent there. And since I've had the greatest impact on Xa-Koro, that's how it will be translated as forever. :)

What, you don't believe in what that toa is saying? His zeal is very deserved, he just is faking the one crucial point about Xa-Koro's destruction. :3

Teehee!

---

No, no, Kehuri would just burst into tears and hug the guy, or something like that. Offer some encouraging words, try to defend the mainlanders. You know how he is. :P

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

What, you don't believe in what that toa is saying? His zeal is very deserved, he just is faking the one crucial point about Xa-Koro's destruction. :3

Teehee!

---

No, no, Kehuri would just burst into tears and hug the guy, or something like that. Offer some encouraging words, try to defend the mainlanders. You know how he is. :P

To predict what happens next:

Onu-Koro blows up

Onu-Koro-soldiers think its because the other villages didn't like a village so close to the dark

rebel rebel rebel

But, ah, it'll be interesting to see what happens to the Peers and the other 2 ships.

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

That's not how I described it in my time in Xa-Koro or how I saw it. I believed it to be a mini Karzahni where the misfits and rejects were sent to live their lives in. Sure, some pirates came, too, but they were attracted to it because of the dark atmosphere and culture already there. Everyone else was sent there. And since I've had the greatest impact on Xa-Koro, that's how it will be translated as forever.

Is this just another example of "History is written by the victors?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

That's not how I described it in my time in Xa-Koro or how I saw it. I believed it to be a mini Karzahni where the misfits and rejects were sent to live their lives in. Sure, some pirates came, too, but they were attracted to it because of the dark atmosphere and culture already there. Everyone else was sent there. And since I've had the greatest impact on Xa-Koro, that's how it will be translated as forever.

Is this just another example of "History is written by the victors?"

Its an example of EW being EW.

Like a bawse.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

What has been going on in this RPG since mid September? What happened with the Makuta's planned attack on the ILS?

Edit: And what hapened to Kumu?

Edited by Eye of Sauron

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I'm having the marines go after the other Xa-Koroan ships, which will involve....tracking.... Anyways, I'll be accepting about seven PCs to pile on top of the fifty NPC soldiers that will probably all die.Why? Simple fear of being next and not being able to handle an invasion.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I'm having the marines go after the other Xa-Koroan ships, which will involve....tracking.... Anyways, I'll be accepting about seven PCs to pile on top of the fifty NPC soldiers that will probably all die.Why? Simple fear of being next and not being able to handle an invasion.

---

How do you track a ship moving through water along an abandoned shoreline?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just curios.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

It would appear the Expanded Multiverse masks (Sensory Aptitude, Conjuring, Undeath, etc.) remain unnamed.

Hey, guess who doesn't care. All the rest of us.
Hey, don't be so bad. To answer the concern, chances are there will be no way to name them, since there is no good enough reason and GregF is busy.

You obviously haven't seen the picture in which I tried to explain to TNG what the situation was in our battle.

OOC: There is no hole. Here, have a picture.galvy.png

Wonderful piece of art, isn't it?
This really deserves to be in the Lourve, no kidding. Look at the finely tuned expressions of the subjects, the subtle colour blends and the amazing expression of feelings. The work is so multi-faceted.../Dies from art//Respawned/