Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Exceptions to every rule. And professionals don't let their guard down.

But you're right. Let's sit back and watch Haro pay for his little bit of metagaming. I'm sure it will more than make up for it.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

*rushes back to the site after a last-minute trip that ended up having no wi-fi*Hey guys. Am I lat-*Reads Nokama getting killed already*...CONDEMN IT I missed it >_> There goes my opportunity to give Voutok a chance to do something. Well now that that plan is ruined, there's only one thing to do:*Holds up "De-Matoran Fighter Looking for (RP Point) Hire; Will Work for Significance, possibly accompanied by a Vortixx" sign*

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Exceptions to every rule. And professionals don't let their guard down. But you're right. Let's sit back and watch Haro pay for his little bit of metagaming. I'm sure it will more than make up for it.

---You can get pretty bitter...But when you think about it, whenever someone responds to "OOC: Open for interaction", that's technically metagaming too. Little things that you wouldn't ordinarily think of. And hey, I had no intention of sending everything into chaos. Haro was going to go back to his usual life, pretending, out of fear, that he hadn't seen anything. Blame Wrath for making such a big deal about the guy!Not that I'm not interested in what Wrath has planned. I'm perfectly fine with having my characters killed by others. (Just no auto hitting.) It's more realistic like that. Anyways, I severely need to hit the hay now. Waking up extra, extra early to catch a flight tomorrow. Smell you all later!

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Except that when people say "open for interaction" they generally aren't, you know, covertly committing a major crime. If you can find an example where that did happen, I'd love to see it.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

@Gravity: IF your reason is the same as mine, then you are projecting your unhappines with human society into the game :P /freud

Anyway *fistbump* happy depressing new year xD

---

Psychology in character development is one of the things I'm unfamiliar with still. That's why there're dreams.

Aye, depressing. I have to be realistic; I doubt Joske will be hurling meteors at Makua :'((

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

What doesn't kill them, makes them stronger. dies horribly, right? :P Or make them cripples, one of those.

As far as character psychology goes, it all begins with their personality for me. First you need to set up boundaries of what they can take, and only then you can cross them :P What helps me a good deal is searching for a personality tester like "waht D&D character are you" or the Jung typology, and answering how i think my character would answer, and the tester will spit out a decent profile to draw from.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Personally, I torture characters because it's fun. The more I like a character, the more I make them suffer.- Vorex

---

I remember back when Proditor swam from Le-Wahi to the Kumu Islets once....

I remember back when you repeatedly tried to kill him, giving me no other choice.

- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Personally, I torture characters because it's fun. The more I like a character, the more I make them suffer.- Vorex

---

I remember back when Proditor swam from Le-Wahi to the Kumu Islets once....

I remember back when you repeatedly tried to kill him, giving me no other choice.

- Vorex

---

Haha yeah. That's why I remember.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I just want to commend EW and Gravity on those awesome posts of Embok's tongue being destroyed. Those were very fun to read.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

(Just no auto hitting.)

I can smell the hypocrisy.
---:| I haven't killed anyone. Just thrown Darylhii off-balance once, and grabbed onto his arm with a hand of dirt that he broke out of anyways.I agree with THB. Fun read, that! :P Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

I know what auto hitting is. Just saying there was no harm done. Plus, it was more just auto-grabbing. I wasn't the only one that got Darylhii there, either. Unless they asked you in a PM...

---

He isn't referring to the dirt hand, and that was the one thing that did harm it.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the tomato. Think. A earthen hand grabbing it. Can he react to it grabbing him? Maybe, but not really, much like my electricity. But the Tomato - he could easily react to that, yet you RP'd it into hitting Darylhii.

So, yeah. If you want a better example of what is and isn't auto-hitting, I'll use this one, which Krayzikk did to me. (See? I'm learning.)

Not an auto-hit: You RP 'Use a calix to hook your foor onto another person who can't move's mask. Backflip.'

An auto-hit: You RP the above, but also say in your post that the mask comes off. I mean, the guy can react to it, right?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Ah, I see. Right, the tomato. Well, it DID come from a direction no one was paying attention to. I figured it Was more of a comedic fear than anything... I just wanted him to run off and leave us alone. ^^;But yeah, sorry, I'll be more careful about that in the future.Edit: I'm leaving on a jet-plane. Don't know when I'll be back again. Ok, well, not really. I'll be back in 4 or so hours. Till then!

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles

Ah, I see. Right, the tomato. Well, it DID come from a direction no one was paying attention to. I figured it Was more of a comedic fear than anything... I just wanted him to run off and leave us alone. ^^;But yeah, sorry, I'll be more careful about that in the future.Edit: I'm leaving on a jet-plane. Don't know when I'll be back again. Ok, well, not really. I'll be back in 4 or so hours. Till then!

---

Comedic fear?

Darylhii got whacked so hard he got a completely different mindset.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I just want to commend EW and Gravity on those awesome posts of Embok's tongue being destroyed. Those were very fun to read.

Righto, I'm just going to go off and do something that isn't...sickening now.

(Don't try and tell me it wasn't, I know that's what you two were going for. Otherwise EW wouldn't have described everything like he did.)

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Quick question: How is everyone suddenly getting the unconscious need to look at Nokama's hut?

Daedra Syndrome.
~~~Literal Daedra Syndrome! B)...I'll go punish myself now.

~~~Oooh, a kindred soul! I remember the time I made my first RP character lose control of one arm through psychic torture... turns out those kinds of things really do build character! Especially on an ambidextrous character who uses a sword to fight Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

So Daedra/Arete, Virin has just attempted to deck your leader, Ketan. You guys can now proceed to beat him to near death. :D

Too bad Wrath isn't there to help. A bit busy about to beat someone else to death.

Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Realizes that he is partially surrounded by people who get their kicks from torturing people.

You can hardly complain complain about a guaranteed death for your guys when you just got a guaranteed kill on the Turaga.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I know that that much.

Constructman: Tuck said that everybody who killed a Turaga is going to get hunted down some time in the next year and people are complaining about it.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I know that that much.

Constructman: Tuck said that everybody who killed a Turaga is going to get hunted down some time in the next year and people are complaining about it.

I don't know why they're complaining. It could be fun to get hunted down. :3

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar