Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I really should have paid a bit more attention to where people were in Ko-Wahi. Because now, when I make my Raxa post, I'm going to feel like an idiot.

I mean, for God's sake...

IC-Raxa:
Through a miraculous series of events (and a well-placed snowdrift, as well as a boulder or two), Raxa was completely away from-and unaware of-the exchange taking place just downslope of him.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I really should have paid a bit more attention to where people were in Ko-Wahi. Because now, when I make my Raxa post, I'm going to feel like an idiot.

I mean, for God's sake...

IC-Raxa:
Through a miraculous series of events (and a well-placed snowdrift, as well as a boulder or two), Raxa was completely away from-and unaware of-the exchange taking place just downslope of him.

... And hairline cracks begin appearing in the fourth wall.

[ BZPRPG ]

Wait? Was it Nuju Metru that got the Turaga to be killed?

Well, he is the guy who runs the game...What do you think? xP

Well yeah, and you were just following out his orders. I get it. And I thought that Friar Tuck ran the game.

Edited by Great being Velika

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

Well, Joske v Heuani, Verbal Battle Style, is moving right along.

I wonder how it will end...

Understandably, it ends on Heuani's terms. :P

Of course; I expected nothing less. My response, however, will have to wait until I get back from work.

So Emzee... you can either post or wait for me to. Your choice :P Personally though I'd like to free Niici...

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Well yeah, and you were just following out his orders. I get it. And I thought that Friar Tuck ran the game.

I may have been following orders, but that doesn't mean I didn't like doing it. Also, Tucky here gave that position to Nuju when he made his great return...and then disappeared again, then reappeared, and...yeah.

profiles i guess

I may have been following orders, but that doesn't mean I didn't like doing it. Also, Tucky here gave that position to Nuju when he made his great return...and then disappeared again, then reappeared, and...yeah.

I would have liked killing a Turaga.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

I'm going to do something different. Since my posts in the RPG I'm co-GMing have been lacking, I'd like to take a week break from this game to focus on Loophole. So I will let anyone who wished borrow any of my characters (even Kyju and Liacada) for this week. Now, you can do whatever you like with them save for having them killed, or in Kyju's case, revealing his true nature. I'd like to see what you guys can do. :)So, take a look at my profiles and see if you'd like to borrow anyone.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Yes. The game is getting ready to make some changes in the setting (which should come into effect in a month) and part of this process is opening up a new age without the turaga.

Suppose someone made an old master of sorts who specialized in mastering non-elemental light?I actually have plans for this, it's just hypothetical. Well, not the training part. Kehuri would kill for the opportunity to learn to control light.

... And how would that character have gained skill in this art in the first place? Let alone even be aware of the while ability to siphon away a part of the psysche?I'm not saying it can't be done. But if it is ever done it would likely be Shadow, not light, considering the means and resources on Mata Nui. Furthermore, it would be given as a reward (like toa stones) and not simply granted to whoever asked for it.

:kaukau: Well, I'm back. And I have my own team to show for it. What I have learned is that trying to get into stories that to not involve themselves with broader conflict gets me nowhere, and I flow much better than I'm willing to dream just a little bigger than using a small group of Matoran to accomplish small things (although I find it strange that with the number of Batman fans on this site that the most popular characters aren't Matoran). Instead, I've decided to get a littme more involved with the main events of the RPG and start afresh, thanks to encouragement from the members of the Ambage and a long overdue conversation with EmperorWhenua. As such, here are my profiles (the new characters are the Defenders), and this is my formal entry into a new year of RPing. I don't normally dedicate myself to an RPG, but when I do...

Anyway, this ought to be a lot of fun, shouldI not run into the same frustrations that I did last time when I tried too hard to be clever and novel. And EmperorWhenua, I look foreward to interracting with with you and other RPers to whom I foretold my return. I can't wait to figure something out, and I will talk to you and the other guys soon over Skype (tomorow-ish, because technology hates me).

Speaking of me and my plots...You guys can all start panicking about how all the Turaga were assassinated in one sell fwoop. Please, go cray about this. Shock and awe are normal emotions at this point. :evilbiggrin: :evilbiggrin: :evilbiggrin:

_ _ _

And just for that... nobody panic! Everything's fine! Let's not give EW what he wants! XP Kidding- now go and run around screaming.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

:kaukau: Good thing none of the characters I will be using are familiar with the Turaga and have only just arrived upon teh shores of Mata Nui. No way am I giving you what you want. I'm going to just be contrary. Although I might put up a post with one of my matoran expressing concern and fear. Actually, I think I definitely will. After all, I haven't found a god way in introducing Ruby, Jloudo, and Nixie yet. So I guess I'll give teir respective Koros each a look tomorrow.

Just wait, though, I'll do something epic with my Toa that will get people talking. Although killing the Turaga...dang, I'm going to be doomed to unimportant, trivial plot stories for a while before I eventually upgrade to being a "cool" player in this RPG.

Speaking of me and my plots...You guys can all start panicking about how all the Turaga were assassinated in one sell fwoop. Please, go cray about this. Shock and awe are normal emotions at this point. :evilbiggrin: :evilbiggrin: :evilbiggrin:

~~~Oh, you're right, this is the perfect chance to introduce a few of my 2013 characters (well, in all honesty, I don't have many/any 2012 characters, at least none of any importance, as pretty much none of my characters were developed much in the month-and-a-half I had last year).Expect one of them to be very understandably shocked, and the other to be very understandably jealous. And one to have no memory at all.Sidenote: sell fwoop? :P Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Good job. Now, time to hide in my bunker. Again.

Edited by Space Pirate

What I have learned is that trying to get into stories that to not involve themselves with broader conflict gets me nowhere, and I flow much better than I'm willing to dream just a little bigger than using a small group of Matoran to accomplish small things (although I find it strange that with the number of Batman fans on this site that the most popular characters aren't Matoran). Instead, I've decided to get a littme more involved with the main events of the RPG and start afresh, thanks to encouragement from the members of the Ambage and a long overdue conversation with EmperorWhenua.

I had a tremendous urge upon seeing this to say "Batman isn't a Matoran". :P I assume you mean that you would expect more non-superpowered heroes.

It certainly seems that it's hard to get somewhere with a Matoran character in the BZPRPG, at least to me. But then, I deliberately made my Tawara as weak as possible, so she'd have to struggle more (and I don't think I regret it, though it has made it difficult to involve her as much in the plot).

Edited by Death of the Endless

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

Suppose someone made an old master of sorts who specialized in mastering non-elemental light?I actually don't have plans for this, it's just hypothetical. Well, not the training part. Kehuri would kill for the opportunity to learn to control light.

... And how would that character have gained skill in this art in the first place? Let alone even be aware of the while ability to siphon away a part of the psysche?I'm not saying it can't be done. But if it is ever done it would likely be Shadow, not light, considering the means and resources on Mata Nui. Furthermore, it would be given as a reward (like toa stones) and not simply granted to whoever asked for it.
---Characters can be from off-island. Someone from a less screwed area could have learned to control light instead. My question still included shadow anyways. I don't think it would be so special that you would have to earn it like that... But either way, it's up to the mods.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Mata-Nui is the only island bro

Nobody has memories of anywhere else

And it's special because you're getting power over Light or Shadow. Which are, as far as we know on this bass awkwards island, the two fundamental forces of the universe. You don't get to just control those. >:c

profiles i guess

Yes, it is, and it was decided that it would be a reward, Drae. It is special. Who else on the island has abilities of Shadow or Light? Heuani's the only one with the former and not a single one has the latter. That makes it rare and special.

Even if from off-island, let's look at examples of characters who have used this in the Bionicle canon:

Roodaka used them, but she was a lieutenant for the Brotherhood of Makuta who likely had some training under them. After all, BS01 says she had "extensive training" to tap into her dark energies. As far as we know, there is no BoM in this universe and The Makuta may be just that. So that's out of the question.

Matoran of Light and Shadow can use elemental energies, but we don't know if they exist in this universe at all and we're not allowed to play them anyway, so that's moot.

Aaaaaand that's just about it. So as you can see, having abilities of Light and Shadow is very rare, very special and not something to be taken lightly. And furthermore, I honestly wouldn't recommend you to have access to a reward such as this anyway. You're not getting the perks.

Guys, it's non-elemental. It's inevitably got to have less perks than the elemental form.I see EW's point on Roodaka only earning it through extensive training and all that, though. But hey, the Aitua got shadow-based powers from off-island backstories. Not saying that justifies it, just a point to consider. But EW, you said you checked with an admin, right? If that's the case, then I can't argue.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Mata-Nui is the only island bro

Nobody has memories of anywhere else

And it's special because you're getting power over Light or Shadow. Which are, as far as we know on this bass awkwards island, the two fundamental forces of the universe. You don't get to just control those. >:c

:kaukau: But haven't people such as the Vortixx and the Skakdi come over from other islands? I've written my characters as if they came from another island, because I was trying to figure out a realistic reason or a team to be formed and didn't actually see the type of team I wanted coming up in a setting where there were a bunch of other Toa around.

I had a tremendous urge upon seeing this to say "Batman isn't a Matoran". :P I assume you mean that you would expect more non-superpowered heroes.

It certainly seems that it's hard to get somewhere with a Matoran character in the BZPRPG, at least to me. But then, I deliberately made my Tawara as weak as possible, so she'd have to struggle more (and I don't think I regret it, though it has made it difficult to involve her as much in the plot).

Well, uh, I thought that the logic behind the statement stood for itself. Unless you're beiung sarcastic, in which case truly don't understand your sarcasm. The train of thought indicated by those parantheses set up parallels where nonpowered superheroes were equivalent to Matoran and superheroes were equivalent to Toa, more or less, because people like characters who don't have anything going for them save for skill, determination, and creative writing. Although I suppose I forgot to take into account the presence of Vortixx characters, who essentially take up the Batman slot. But in all reality, back in the TSTW RPG in CoT (now OTC), non-powered characters were pretty difficult to make useful in stories filled with people who had more dramatic talents. I guess if only one person was writing the story, it would be different, but in an RPG, powered characters generally have more prominence and set up a bigger narrative.