Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

:kaukau: Javert, I'm looking up Kethrye's profile right now because I'm thinking of setting up some brief interaction related to the death of the Turaga with my character Nixie. That character is currently at a place called the Powadi. It's not described on the front page, so I'm just wondering if you can describe it to me.

And with regards to foreign islands, to my understanding it's okay to include them in your backstory, but you never go back to them or include them in the action that takes place in this RPG, since everything IC is on Mata Nui, because that's where the action is.

Edited by Jean Valjean

And with regards to foreign islands, to my understanding it's okay to include them in your backstory, but you never go back to them or include them in the action that takes place in this RPG, since everything IC is on Mata Nui, because that's where the action is.

technically this, but you also aren't supposed to remember it at all, even if you're a skakdi or vortixx

because it's supposed to be all mata-nui rawr rawr rawr

they make you forget e'erythang when you wash up

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

you also aren't supposed to remember it at all, even if you're a skakdi or vortixx

---

This is incorrect.

It has been stated many times that Skakdi and Vortixx may remember where they came from, but they may only speak of it in vague detail.

you also aren't supposed to remember it at all, even if you're a skakdi or vortixx

---

This is incorrect.

It has been stated many times that Skakdi and Vortixx may remember where they came from, but they may only speak of it in vague detail.

This is correct. Thank you Eyru.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

---

This is incorrect.

This is correct. Thank you Eyru.

---

I'm thought it's a "You can say lots of it but people will think you're insane" type of thing.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I find it strange that with the number of Batman fans on this site that the most popular characters aren't Matoran.

Well, It varies for every case, I suppose. For me, 78.26% of my characters (Including concepts, works in progress, etc.) are matoran, while in Gravity's case, for instance, only 16.6666667% of his characters are Matoran.

It just depends on the player, I guess.

Edited by Tasty Holiday Beverage

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

It's always funny when people insist that no one is allowed to remember things from outside Mata Nui when Staff-played characters and tons of other have.

And it's worth noting that there's more then one type of "power".

Because of the Matoran Spheres and the fact that all the Turaga are dead, nobody remembers Metru Nui, right?

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

I find it strange that with the number of Batman fans on this site that the most popular characters aren't Matoran.

Well, It varies for every case, I suppose. For me, 78.26% of my characters (Including concepts, works in progress, etc.) are matoran, while in Gravity's case, for instance, only 16.6666667% of his characters are Matoran.

Almost all of my active characters are Matoran, but not because of Batman. I make them because they make you focus more on the character, and because the game is very much lacking in Matoran, who should outnumber Toa and other species.

- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Almost all of my active characters are Matoran, but not because of Batman. I make them because they make you focus more on the character, and because the game is very much lacking in Matoran, who should outnumber Toa and other species.

- Vorex

Me-100% turaga 0% anything else.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

It is worth noting, that most people severely underestimate Matoran. Lacking powers does not mean helpless.

For reference, see Sulov v. Anyone, Tarnok v. Liacad....... Actually,just look at the Ussalry,

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

It is worth noting, that most people severely underestimate Matoran. Lacking powers does not mean helpless.

For reference, see Sulov v. Anyone, Tarnok v. Liacad....... Actually,just look at the Ussalry,

---

Sulov has a gun and Tarnok is just plain awesome.

Your agrument is invalid.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

:kaukau: I might note that I have a ton of Matoran characters, but that's mainly because I think it attracts RPers who are interested in character-driven stories, and it's not necessarily because I'm looking for ways to do really impressive things with them that defy expectation. They have a lot of spirit, and they're more immersed in the regular culture of Mata Nui than the Toa are.

Oh, and Otter, bring it.

I have returned! I'm gonna need to catch up on what happened since I left. I am scraping a bunch of my characters, and starting fresh. Except for Mambo. If anyone else is interested in wraping up the skanohi plot or taking over a character, pm me. So before I start RP-ing again, can someone give me a brief rundown of what I need to know?

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

:kaukau: Well, we know that the Turaga are dead. Or at least, your character will inevitably find out, unless you intentionally avoid it for the fun of creating someone who's terribly behind the times.

As for Joske Nimil, I don't know. I'd have to look into that, but perhaps the quest involves a collective effort of team mates.

Edited by Jean Valjean

:kaukau: I have a character in Le-Wahi, but she's currently on teh shores and probably heading to Ta-Koro to see the place where Vakama died. However, last summer I had a character written as heading toward Le-Wahi, but I never completed the journey. Apparently, he gets lost real easily. But then, he's from off the island, and I don't think he would know about the turaga dying yet, though he will pretty soon if I start using him. Go to the profile pages and look up Laryn. There are two characters by that name; the one that's in my post is mine. Hopefully he looks like something you'd be comfortable with interacting with.

Actually, forget the search. Here's a plain old link to my character sheets. Halfway down is Laryn, underneath "Individual Toa".

---

Sulov has a gun and Tarnok is just plain awesome.

Your agrument is invalid.

Were you there when Sulov threw nui-rama?

Were you there when Sulov punched a muaka?

Were you there when Sulov KO'd an armed vortixx?

No?

Because he didn't have a gun for any of that. And came out on top each time.

Your argument, dear Gravy, is invalid.

Edited by Jerry Renault

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Anyway, I don't like it when people think Matoran are powerless... Okay, they are powerless in the sense that they don't have any powers, but still! The little guys always win. Because they're all awesome. ya'll know it too

~~~Especially since they can have tech next year (err, technically this year, next year as in BZPRPG 2013), right?Now, let's just see how long it takes for someone to make THE MATA NUI-CONDEMNED BAT-MATORAN! Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Meta-Mind: That was Stannis, not Sulov.
Oh wait we were talking about Sulov weren't we.*runs off to edit*But yeah, anyhow, the WC in general just seems to have a thing for single-handedly beating up Muaka. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

:kaukau: I might note that I have a ton of Matoran characters, but that's mainly because I think it attracts RPers who are interested in character-driven stories, and it's not necessarily because I'm looking for ways to do really impressive things with them that defy expectation. They have a lot of spirit, and they're more immersed in the regular culture of Mata Nui than the Toa are.

Oh, and Otter, bring it.

no

you're mean to me and you never show up anymore >:c

Anyways, Sulov is one of those characters who is just plain awesome the majority of the time. Especially when he's with Reorrrrtin.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

It's disappointing how few Matoran there are outside of the Wanderer's Company. And even more disappointing that most of them are never used to their potential.

Because Matoran do have advantages, both in combat and out. Besides, they're rife with development opportunities.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Indeed. If I could use Voutok to his full potential, he'd (logically) be able to hold his own against most rahi and maybe even a few lower-tiered Toa with nothing but two chakram-I mean "bladed kanoka discs" and near-solid reflexes.Gotta love that amped-up De-Matoran hearing. Nuff said. =3

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

It's disappointing how few Matoran there are outside of the Wanderer's Company. And even more disappointing that most of them are never used to their potential.

Because Matoran do have advantages, both in combat and out. Besides, they're rife with development opportunities.

_ _ _

This. Which is why I love RPing Verdi- he's awesome, he has potential, and he has many development opportunities. :D

I'm now thinking about having my Matoran character fight Echelon, just to prove that Matoran can actually take down much more powerful foes.

Said by the guy who had one of the first Matoran in the 2012 BZPRPG.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"