Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

...One hundred and forty two people?

....Per village?

....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I hope that influx brought ALOT of people and that the centuries they spent on this island involved some sort of reproduction. I don't think there is a village that hasn't been raided, have something blow up near it or in general been attacked in the entire RPG. Even assuming a minimum loss of only ten-twenty NPC's per attack we're looking at major drops in population.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

That way events don't have a lasting effect. If twenty NPC's die in a raid then replacements for them appear afterwards, what was the point of the raid? And what is the point in defending villages if it'll have no lasting effect?

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

It just seems kinda odd is all. If no raids have any lasting effect on the village why do people do it? I mean, if there's no lasting effect in IC terms to the population, if the population remains level due to the demands of the plot...

Edited by Basilisk

If it were that easy to make a sizable dent in the population of Mata Nui then the villages would have been gone long ago. I think that the population of the BZPRPG Island is bigger then that simply out of necessity.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Basilisk, I applaud your sense of realism, but this is one topic where you're just going to have to roll with it. Trust me, if we try to get realistic populations then we'll simply get bogged down in numbers and I believe it would detract from the roleplaying and people's enjoyment of the game.This is actually similar to an issue we had recently with regard to elemental powers; people were trying to be over-scientific about them and it really doesn't add anything to the game if you do that. I'm afraid you're just going to have to suspend your disbelief :P

Edited by Illusive Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Basilisk, I applaud your sense of realism, but this is one topic where you're just going to have to roll with it. Trust me, if we try to get realistic populations then we'll simply get bogged down in numbers and I believe it would detract from the roleplaying and people's enjoyment of the game.This is actually similar to an issue we had recently with regard to elemental powers; people were trying to be over-scientific about them and it really doesn't add anything to the game if you do that. I'm afraid you're just going to have to suspend your disbelief :P

And I leaned that the hard way. :D

In any case, I'd rather just let other people play the way they want, and then have fun interacting with it.

For example, Dorian wears clothes. And realistically....Bionicle characters don't really wear clothes. The other BC characters ended up just making fun of his scarf.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Emotia Sandwiches.

Now with 95% less fat.

You have no idea how happy I am right now.

First, I disapprove of this death. It shouldn't have a place in Bionicle.

Second, I'd like to thank you for an interesting plot point, and a reason that the Horsemen can actually appear outside of "it's time to destroy things."

Third, little sad here, EmotiaxTillian was a romance I actually liked. D=

Fourth, the second seal, the one that 'summons' Conquest shall be broken soon.

Thank you all for for this, and let the games begin.

The location of the Second Seal.

Edited by Varren Rehn

Well, the thing is, Emotia just wasn't working for me, so I did the most logical thing, had her kirred off. :3

Anyway, I'm not done yet, I have more characters I need to remove from my profile. I'm house cleaning you see. =D

Don't worry, I'll have some brand new, freshly baked characters when it's all over ^_^

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

How about an IRS-like organization? An agency that would go around confiscating houses and demanding tax money?

-------

I just imagined a group of mobsters literally picking up someone's house and walking off with it. Which could work, since all the huts and stuff in this game are made of like, mud and twigs.

First, I disapprove of this death. It shouldn't have a place in Bionicle.

You're pretty much alone in this opinion since everyone else who has expressed opinion of it to me said it was great.

Om nom nom. :)

Maybe it's just me.

Now, if Anthyn was a giant monster from another plain of existence such as Daemons, or creatures such as the Flood or The Devourer... I'd be cool with it.

But since this has happened, I want to see poetic justice.

Because that would be funny.

Edited by Varren Rehn

Poetic justice? I already did that. Anthyn cooked Gluttony and gave Emotia a n exciting last few minutes of her miserable little life. You can't get more poetic than that without hurting the balance of things. ^_^

B- but-

I love hurting the balance of everything!

It makes everything much more FUN!

Besides, I still think it would be funny if Anthyn and Salvina got cooked and eaten.

Maybe someone would like a plucked Valkyr...

For someone who doesn't like meat that much, 'Plucked Valkyr' sounds like an exotic dish I'd like to try sometime.

Edited by Varren Rehn

I laugh in the face of your empty threats. : D

No, Anthyn's the only character in the game who can cook and eat whatever she wants. She has her own cooking show, you know. She can also sit wherever she desires because she's a fantastic interior designer -- I mean, did you see her open that kitchen up by tearing the wall down? Genius stuff there.

Also:

Now, if Anthyn was a giant monster from another plain of existence such as Daemons, or creatures such as the Flood or The Devourer... I'd be cool with it.

Funnily enough, she isn't from the Matoran Universe, and to Emotia Anthyn was about as close to a giant devouring demon as imagination can see. So yeah. Be cool with it. :)

You could let me have my fun you know, not every day I go and make jokes on the Discussion topic. =/

Oh cool mang. Good to know that everyone can just make species outside of the Matoran universe appear. I wish I could do that o-o

Also Snelly...

I recall the Bohrok being able to burn a good portion of Le-Wahi, and Tahu having some 'fun' with dem trees.

But on another topic, you guys are making me hungry. Stahp.

Anyone keen on hiring two Toa in Po-Koro?

A entire squad of Guardsmen (or ladies in this case, seeing as it's Ga-Koro), simply do not vanish without anyone looking around.

Any detective worth his pipe and hat would start drawing lines together.

But like I said, at this rate, we should probably start treating Ga-Koro as if the KGB ruled it.

Or at least, the Bionicle equivalent.