Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Wait. What.

Did someone wipe out an entire squad of guards and expect people to not notice?

.........That wouldn't even happen if Commander Braindead and his merry band of basket cases were in charge.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Oh, people can look around all right, but few could connect the dots to a Toa Arete, someone who doesn't have to take record of what she does or where she goes, and blame them for the destruction caused. These are the heroes of Ga-Koro you're talking about.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Yes Basilisk that just happened.

And Snelly, that's exactly my point. Unless your heros are so radical, they could be considered evil, nothing will change.

I get the feeling the only think Joske and the WC will do is chop off the head, and let the body continue to grow.

It would be impossible for them to do so...

Unless they let all the rules go.

I for one, thought the Lust/Anthyn and Gluttony/Baruk(Probably wrong name) post was brilliant, though it really felt like the actions Anythn was preforming would have been better suited to someone representing Wrath.

I still really want to have a bizarre IRS in this RPG. I have a question, though; Couldn't a Po-Toa just create as many widgets as they wanted?...Why do I over think things like this?

pNNgXax.jpg

There are people who live to bring heros low. We call them reporters here, but I'm sure Mata Nui isn't without them.

And when they vanish when they dig too deep, I'm sure other people will notice. There is a reason most serial killers, ousted tyrants and such as meet bad ends.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

I for one, thought the Lust/Anthyn and Gluttony/Baruk(Probably wrong name) post was brilliant, though it really felt like the actions Anythn was preforming would have been better suited to someone representing Wrath.

I still really want to have a bizarre IRS in this RPG. I have a question, though; Couldn't a Po-Toa just create as many widgets as they wanted?...Why do I over think things like this?

Personally, I like this idea. It could be used to completely undermine an economy, or control it. If you do that, I'd be fully behind it.

I'm assuming there's something about Widgets in this game that's similar to real-world money, some special marks or... something, that distinguishes fakes from legit ones.

Also, I was always under the impression that widgets were made of metal, but then again, considering the primitive level of Mata Nui, it does make more sense for them to be made of stone.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I'm just waiting for a chance for Voutok to finally actually USE his bladed kanoka discs. At least throwing them at a wall to get someone's attention XD [/irrelevance]

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

I'm with GD on this one. I always thought they were made of metal. Point still stands, though.

On another note, what's the verdict on Toa Seals?

Not allowed.

Edited by Illusive Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I'm with GD on this one. I always thought they were made of metal. Point still stands, though.

On another note, what's the verdict on Toa Seals?

Not allowed.

GD... not the coolest acronym in the world, but it'll do.

On a different note. Hey, Gravity, check your inbox.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Yeah,how's the money made? I mean, one time, Demetrius pulled 22000 widgets out of thin air. But I still think that FBI would be better. Imagine an elite police force, not answering to any koro but rather functioning as a seventh government. It would have much more freedom than the koro guards.

To quote Voutok when he was first given a bag of widgets without telling him what they were for before he even knew their purpose:"...What the karz is this?"http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=118&p=470869 For some reason, I still get a kick out of that post XD

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

:kaukau: Alright, so this is a little mini-story I'm working on, but I introduced my characters Jloudo and right now he's absolutely dysfunctional without his Ussal, Duku. Tarnok of the Ussalry verbally abused him and seems to be really angry, so probably no help from him (poor Jluodo, he really knocked on the wrong door). Anyway, I want to make a miniature adventure out of this, particularly with Matoran characters, so if anyone else is interested in helping Jloudo find his lost Ussal in the nooks and crannies of Onu-Wahi, that would be great.

:kaukau: Jloudo's mother used him as a punching bag as a kid and forgot to feed him.

And sure, Varren, anything that's small and Matoran-sized will make for a fun partner while Jloudo searched foolishly (and quite humorously) for his darling companion. So long as this little group has plenty of personality.

Children don't exist in the BZPRPG. Neither do mothers.

The back story of a significant amount of characters beg to differ. Namely, the ones that refer to "parents", "siblings", and childhood.

There has never been an in game mother. But there have quite explicitly been children.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Krayzikk Bieber" data-cid="488683" data-time="1357768885"><p><blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Varren Rehn" data-cid="488677" data-time="1357768699"><p>Children don't exist in the BZPRPG. Neither do mothers.</p></blockquote> <br /> <br />The back story of a significant amount of characters beg to differ. Namely, the ones that refer to "parents", "siblings", and childhood.<br /> <br />There has never been an <em class='bbc'>in game</em> mother. But there have quite explicitly been children.</p></blockquote>Which would have happened had not Anthyn ate her. I highly disaprove of that. I was SO looking forward to the baby. Would have solved our anatomy woes.EDIT: Quotes don't work on mobile.

Edited by Constructman

Children don't exist in the BZPRPG. Neither do mothers.

The back story of a significant amount of characters beg to differ. Namely, the ones that refer to "parents", "siblings", and childhood.

There has never been an in game mother. But there have quite explicitly been children.

Wasn't there a character who got pregnant a while back?

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

All I can say about Emotia's death is that I am disgusted. I think that an R rated death scene probably counts as inappropriate content.

On the subject of Bionicle beings having children, from the rules.

Q: How "realistic" should I be? And should it be earth realism or BIONICLE realism?A: In this game, we generally stick to the official canon, though there are exceptions like giving characters for "human" traits (ie. ingesting food, reproduction).
Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I've read HP Lovecraft and a fair amount of 40k books. I've become immune to that sort of death scene. I think. To make sure...

*Goes off to read it*

Eh. I think the Unfleshed and their manner of birth have it soundly beat. Really, beyond the shock factor of it happening in this setting, it's not that bad compared other things. Well-written, but then it's EW. That is to be expected. Really though, I should you lend you some of my bedtime reading EW, might give you some more id-

...Odd. It's as though a thousand seers just cried out in pain and fear at that thought. Huh.

Emotia getting eaten is not R rated- she just gets eaten. Jack and the Beanstalk is not R rated, and the idea of grinding up a person into bread is far more graphic that making a sandwich. If EW went into grisly detail into, say, the texture of the sandwich, that might make the death 'graphic'. As far as deaths go, getting eaten is not very violent. It sounds a bit like you haven't actually read the post. :)

There are people who live to bring heros low. We call them reporters here, but I'm sure Mata Nui isn't without them.

And when they vanish when they dig too deep, I'm sure other people will notice. There is a reason most serial killers, ousted tyrants and such as meet bad ends.

One of the biggest problems people have in this game is comparing it to our modern day world. They think the way our world works can be easily compared to Bionicle: The notions of universal knowledge and communication, chain stores, or quick and easy travel do not exist here. The island of Mata-Nui is a big place, where civilization is relatively isolated and surrounded by a mysterious and terrible wilderness. Rahi and other monsters lurk out there, near impossible to find. They dont' have manufacturing- most to all goods are made by specialized craftsmen.

Back in Ye Olde days, during when bows and arrows or paper were innovative items (a time Mata-Nui is incredibly reminiscent of and should be based on), there were Heroes. People the common folk looked up to wand worshiped almost as gods. They could do nothing wrong- it was hard to find obvious, concrete proof of their misdeeds and even harder to distribute it. There was lots of false information people saw as true, and lots of true information people saw as false. in Ga-Koro, the Arete are gods given human form, their saviors from the heavens. The Ga-Matoran trust them completely, impressed by their achievements.

If a man came out into the village square and told of the Arete's true intentions, even used a vortixx device to record all their sinister motives and had Embok testify that he agreed, the man would be laughed at, scorned, put in prison, and accused of inventing evidence. They trust the Arete, their heroes, more than any reporter.

Things aren't like that anymore, but they once were, and Mata-Nui is (or and least should be) more like ancient history. :)

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

All I can say about Emotia's death is that I am disgusted. I think that an R rated death scene probably counts as inappropriate content.

On the subject of Bionicle beings having children, from the rules.

Q: How "realistic" should I be? And should it be earth realism or BIONICLE realism?A: In this game, we generally stick to the official canon, though there are exceptions like giving characters for "human" traits (ie. ingesting food, reproduction).

Except literally all that was said was that she "ate Emotia whole."

That was about as vague and non-R rated as it could be...

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Yeah, it seems that the Arete's hold on Ga is nearly absolute. The only surefire way I can think of to stop them is Invasion of Normandy, wait, I mean Ga-Koro. Do you think 2013 will end in D-Day?EDIT: The news is written IC. But it's nothing like The Globe and Mail.

Edited by Constructman

I have some ideas. Honestly, I don't expect it to last for long.

It's like a certain RL country in Asia but still connected to the rest of the world in a very real way. The reason that government of that RL country is able to survive is because of that. Without that...

*Insert revolution*

Granted, an RPG isn't the same enviroment. But we are all humans, typing this out. The Daedra were doomed before they began, simply because most of us like seeing the good guys win, if things get to grimdark or the Daedra get too big, I expect they will be wiped out.

Viewing it from an OOC prespective kind of ruins it, granted. The interesting part is seeing how their hold breaks IC.

Well you were right about that I had not read it, now that I have (plus Baruk's murder) it does not seem all that different. Yes it was nicely written, but the fact that she ate somebody alive and a little later it talked about Emotia getting digested...

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1