• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bzprpg News And Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41464 replies to this topic

#37921 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,245 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:28 PM

Basilisk, are you talking about China?

#37922 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:28 PM

There is a quote somewhere, in this topic, about "evil never wins" or somesuch. It was said by a staff member, from what I can infer at least, the account was second hand. 

The good guys might never totally win-because then the RPG wouldn't exist. But even in my brief time here I saw seemingly powerful groups. When I returned from my exile, most were gone. The nature of the narrative will see the Daedra dead. 

EDIT: No. Close though. They were featured in a recent video game.

Edited by Basilisk, Jan 09 2013 - 06:28 PM.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#37923 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,474 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:29 PM

Good guys better win, otherwise the story will seem useless. I want to see the WC actually defeat Makuta, and actually give meaning to this tale we've been RPing. The only reason they haven't won many battles is because the setting is one where the island is covered in evil and stuff. It's like Star Wars- a rebellion has to stop the evil.

Well you were right about that I had not read it, now that I have (plus Baruk's murder) it does not seem all that different. Yes it was nicely written, but the fact that she ate somebody alive and a little later it talked about Emotia getting digested...

Rahi eat people alive. So do monsters in children stories. I don't see you complaining about that.

(Or Baruk's death, for that matter, which I find far more questionable. :P )

#37924 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,245 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:29 PM

And why will evil never win? Good will never totally win either, so can't we say "Nobody ever wins"?EDIT North Korea?

Edited by Constructman, Jan 09 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#37925 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 244 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:30 PM

I can't say it wouldn't be satisfying to see the Valkyr go away in kind :D But what is the appropriate way to dispose of Lust anyway? Praying mantis comes to mind...

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#37926 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,197 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:32 PM

Basilisk, I see you're trying to draw real-life stuff into this...

But let's leave names out, eh?

In other discussion, I think Death should spend some time with her (upon his arrival). Just like an old priest on a floating rock in space... He has ways of getting beings to confess from their sins. If not? 

He has a more... Permanent solution in mind. And it's not death.

BZPRPG Characters | Midnight City

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
Forget those mindless baboons
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
While cannibals with their bad news
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

Marvel, Rebirth Characters | FTL

#37927 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:32 PM

I'll pm you Construct.

Evil never wins and good never really pulls a final victory, but good has more staying power. Look at the bionicle storyline-new evil groups kept appearing, but the heros still lived. At least in the context of a narrative and what is an RPG but giant story with many authors? The ILF is still around, though weak, and that sith-based group last I checked, is gone. As is that group of 'Con expies and such as. The 'evil' groups are gone or inactive and the 'good' remains. Yes, some 'good' characters will die for the shock value, but by and large I think, they will remain while evil is replaced by another sort of evil.

Edited by Basilisk, Jan 09 2013 - 06:34 PM.

"Shall this great kingdom, that has survived, whole and entire, the Danish depredations, the Scottish inroads, and the Norman conquest; that has stood the threatened invasion of the Spanish Armada, now fall prostrate before the House of Bourbon? Surely, my Lords, this nation is no longer what it was! Shall a people, that seventeen years ago was the terror of the world, now stoop so low as to tell its ancient inveterate enemy, take all we have, only give us peace? It is impossible! ...My Lords, any state is better than despair. Let us at least make one effort; and if we must fall, let us fall like men!"

-William Pitt the Elder, before suffering a fatal stroke on the floor of the House of Lords.

#37928 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,619 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:33 PM

There is a quote somewhere, in this topic, about "evil never wins" or somesuch. It was said by a staff member, from what I can infer at least, the account was second hand. 

The good guys might never totally win-because then the RPG wouldn't exist. But even in my brief time here I saw seemingly powerful groups. When I returned from my exile, most were gone. The nature of the narrative will see the Daedra dead. 

EDIT: No. Close though. They were featured in a recent video game.

The good guys always win, at least partially. They accomplish a certain set of goals, then something bad happens and they have to set it right, creating more story. Of course, if the bad guys won all the time, that would be a terrible story and would get bad reviews and a lot of criticism.

Also, I think that quote was said by Friar Tuck when he was talking about serving justice to the murderers of the Turaga.

"I need your advice- I feel really jealous that she got to turn into a Toa and not me... and then that guy comes in and woos her! What should I do to overcome my jealousy?

BZPRPG- 2013

2fcc27d298a1b54f5b34c45f0abc12bc.png

pls.

#37929 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,245 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:35 PM

You could ice over her wings and then have the 501st Legion storm Ga-Koro. She wouldn't be able to handle 100 plus solditers would she?Thisis how to get rid of Valkyr by the way.On the current topic, I can see where you're coming from, but according to some people, "Good and evil are merely points of view".

Edited by Constructman, Jan 09 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#37930 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,808 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:36 PM

"The evil groups are gone or inactive"Somewhere deep in Onu-Koro, Echelon is laughing :P

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#37931 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members

• 4,197 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:37 PM

You fail to realize. The true way to inspire fear/pain in torture or whatnot is to remove their weapons, armor, and any other sort of items that might help.

Then start to remove more... Critical things. Such as organs. Or maybe the protective organic cell layer.

Or just the armor might do. They can't survive without their armor.

Edited by Varren Rehn, Jan 09 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

#37932 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:37 PM

Which is why I'm not concerned, OOC, about the Daedra. They just don't have any staying power. Evil won't win because there would be a general outcry, as Crystal said, but good can't completely win otherwise the RP would die and fighting the same evil over and over again will get boring. Heros develop, change, grow as a person etc. Villians in this RPG, from what I have observed, don't. They have no potential as a character beyond the thrills and chills. They'll die and be replaced by a newer spin on evil to keep things fresh.

Some villians are an exception, but I haven't seen many here.

EDIT: Okay blanket statements are bad. But the point still stands, many of the 'evil' groups are gone. :P

Edited by Basilisk, Jan 09 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#37933 Offline Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 3,808 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:41 PM

That is due to the nature of evil, my friend :PThe 'exceptions' to your rule are the more interesting and, generally, more manipulative villains. It is in evil's very nature that the lesser villains are expendable cannon-fodder, particularly in the eyes of those who command them.

Posted Image

More ME minifigs!

#37934 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members

• 4,197 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:42 PM

There should be more Lesterins.

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

#37935 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:43 PM

The "exceptions" are also, generally speaking sympathetic or so darn charismatic that you can't hate them properly. Like Xanatos from Gargoyles. Now there was a man, let me tell you....

Mm. Judging from the lines through Tuck's Vortixx, even the manipulatives can fall in time. 

Edited by Basilisk, Jan 09 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#37936 Offline Mr. Coffee

Mr. Coffee
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 244 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:46 PM

Well, there are few things in this game that make it nigh impossible for good to win. Above all else, the evil guys only have to succeed once, while the good guys have to fend them off over and over again. Next thing is that in canon, good guys had it quite easy - they had the toa, smart and powerful warriors, where the only ones that i can think of being a match for them are the Kal and the makuta. Others were either weak (rahi, really?), stupid (Barraki pretty much), or both (Looking at ya, Piraka). Here, there is no such supersoldiers on the good side, or they're on both sides. bottom line is, good has a lot tougher job

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

#37937 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hey guys on the subject of Reporters, they exist or at least will. A while back I got approval from Emzee to make a reporter for the Mata-Nui Daily. In other news I'm currently in an Airport in Chicago and should be home in 3 hours. Sadly.

#37938 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,565 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:47 PM

So, everyone is writing long posts in Ga.  I think I'll join in.  With Ishi.

Edited by Riaril, Jan 09 2013 - 06:48 PM.

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#37939 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:51 PM

From an IC prespective, yes, very much so. But look at the rebels and the Death Star, The Nazgul and the Hobbits, Saint George and the Dragon...it all ends with a seemingly unstoppable evil dead at the feet of the heroes or otherwise dealt with. From an OOC prespective, evil doesn't have a chance in the long long run. Good will win, evil will fade, evil will rise in a new and interesting form, then fade again and so on and so forth. It is a cycle all narratives have conformed to-with certain exceptions that actively set out to subvert this of course. Good exceptions that everyone needs to read.

Evil can have all the power in the universe and it'll still lose in the end, to be replaced. It can't win because as some of my fellow RPers have indicated, there would be a massive outcry. In the end, no matter how powerful it is, it will fall and be replaced. Even Teridax, during the Bionicle Story, had to take many different forms to stay interesting and his minions were often defeated and replaced. The narrative is a slave to reader interest and the readers, by and large, are in it for escapism. Escapism normally doesn't include evil winning in the end.

Edited by Basilisk, Jan 10 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#37940 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,565 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:55 PM

Ever heard of being totally let down? 

I have a feeling you will be totally let down when the world comes crashing down, our characters suffer horrible ends as condiments for Empress Anthyn, and Makuta is simply a side-B villain to the real evil of the world.  

Come on, bring on the horror.

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.

#37941 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:57 PM

Riaril here is what I like to call "The Lovecraft Exception" or the "Chaos Space Marine Fan". There are people who like seeing evil win in fiction, though they are in a minority. I prefer nice morally grey conflicts myself.

#37942 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members

• 4,197 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 06:59 PM

I personally like seeing evil win...

But not forever. If you do something long enough, and if that something is hated by the general public. Then retribution will come. Swift, and merciless.

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

#37943 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:01 PM

Evil in fiction, has many victories. I didn't mean to imply it never wins. It often does. But the thing is, those victories never last. I was using "win" to indicate lasting victory. the BZRPG has a long life span and I honestly don't think any of the Daedra will be around come two years time. Heck, I don't expect them to last till 2014. Simply because of what I have observed in this RPG and what I know of it's history. 

If evil won, you'd have countless RPers up in arms about their character's loss and what have you being meaningless and useless and any reboot wouldn't have as many RPers. Which the staff likely regard as a bad thing.

Edited by Basilisk, Jan 09 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#37944 Offline Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,050 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:01 PM

Rahi doing it does not have the same sense of wrongness as an intelligent being to another such being. This is hardly a children's story so that is kinda beside the point.

If I had to point out the fact that what happened to Baruk was at least very close to being inappropriate then there is something wrong.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#37945 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 451 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:05 PM

Just letting you fellows know, I am joining the fray in several locations using several characters. My empire is expanding!

Morally unambiguous.

#37946 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:27 PM

...Right, so I've been a little less active (and diligent) lately in terms of checking the actual RP topics, for reasons including but not limited to my upcoming midterms (this is also why I haven't joined any other RPs yet). I may have missed a few plots I've involved in, so I just need to check up on progress so I can get something done soon:How's the Jhianil crew coming along? Last I checked, they were underground in Ga.The Living Mask bearers have been released, I presume?What happened to the all-Matoran team? I had an entry, but lost track of the team before he could join in-character.Another thing: has Pala-Koro begun to rebuild yet? I have a few characters around that region who need some wrapping up and explanations (two characters in particular).EDIT: Oh, I just realized I had another question. How's Nuju's funeral coming along?

Edited by Meta-Mind, Jan 09 2013 - 07:35 PM.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#37947 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,245 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:36 PM

1. They're still in the tunnels. I pm'd KNI but he didn't respond. Since the aforementioned RPer is now staffing Loophole...2. Yes.3. They're standing guard at Vakama's funeral4. I don't believe so...5. About halfway through?

Edited by Constructman, Jan 09 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#37948 Offline Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,279 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:36 PM

Hahahaha.

The Daedra.

Haaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha.

You guys complete me. You know that?

Haha.

-Tyler

~who is this sassy delight getting reported so much~

#37949 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:38 PM

Tyler is laughing. For some reason that makes me nervous.

#37950 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members

• 4,197 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:46 PM

Don't be nervous. Embrace it.

Besides, I don't worry about people on BZP. I haven't suffered any sort of verbal/physical assault, so you have no reason to be nervous.

PO? That's different...

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

#37951 Offline Basilisk

Basilisk
  • Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:47 PM

In the BZPRPG, someone laughing just makes me wonder what kind of killing spree is about to start. 

#37952 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members

• 4,197 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:49 PM

That sums up the internet in a nutshell you know.

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

#37953 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,879 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:50 PM

So much this. ^

Political sigs, posts, and PMs are not allowed on BZPower. This includes other topics related to politics such as abortion or gun control as well as any statement promoting or insulting certain political ideologies.

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the recluse, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Priicu - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#37954 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Corruption

• 18,331 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hey guys on the subject of Reporters, they exist or at least will. A while back I got approval from Emzee to make a reporter for the Mata-Nui Daily.In other news I'm currently in an Airport in Chicago and should be home in 3 hours. Sadly.

And everybody ignores the rare appearance of the Onarax for a discussion about evil and Tyler laughing.

Isn't it sad, Occhin~?

Edited by Space Pirate, Jan 09 2013 - 07:53 PM.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#37955 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members

• 4,197 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm bummed that I didn't get to do anything with Zanthos because someone left the academy and vanished.

Sound like anyone you know Onarax?

(No hard feelings to anyone, but I would have loved to have seen that through...)

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

#37956 Offline Emzee

Emzee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • BZPRPG Guru & Senior Staff

• 6,740 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hey everyone who has an assassin/merc character:

who all is interested in a thrilling and brutal chase across the island after a handful of characters? The reward should be enticing enough (500K widgets; possibly negotiable).  ;)

It won't be an easy catch but any stretch, but it will give your chars something to go after for awhile. 

Edited by Emzee, Jan 09 2013 - 07:59 PM.

FCG Devlog Entry #7: Project Update

plb_banner_teaser.jpg

BZPRPG: News | General Discussion | My Profiles

Wokapu | Ra'lhen | Wokodin | Wokiya Catarix

#37957 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members

• 4,197 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm listening.

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

#37958 Offline Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,245 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:00 PM

Who are we chasing?

#37959 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:01 PM

who all is interested in a thrilling and brutal chase across the island after a handful of characters? The reward should be enticing enough (500K widgets; possibly negotiable).  ;)
Oh, please, do go on.

Edited by Meta-Mind, Jan 09 2013 - 08:01 PM.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#37960 Offline EmpressYumiwa

EmpressYumiwa
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 9,379 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 09 2013 - 08:13 PM

I think I should make this clear to everyone: I play the characters to the fullest way possible. This means someone who is master of an elaborate plot will be played as a conniving enigmatic man, this means a tired but determined war hero will follow his convictions despite the flaws, this means a rising prophet will grate on others because he believes in something invisible... and it means someone meant to be the embodiment of lust will be bloodthirsty and violent. It's not like it's just "EW being EW," this is the spirit of roleplaying. I am getting to the nitty-gritty of each character, playing their worst qualities to deepen the effects of the better sides.

Specifically on the subject of Anthyn, keep in mind that she is lust. But it's totally against the rules to just talk about sensual things and I can't just have her be a ###### who inhabits a brothel -- we can all see all the levels of wrong there. Instead, she lusts for things, and the most evident is bloodlust. She is violent, that's her nature. She is evil, that's her nature. It's that way because she is pure evil. Is what she does wrong? Of course it is, that's the point of it. Nobody can debate that Sauron or Voldemort were good people because they were bad and we know this because of their actions in their respective lores. This is a literary necessity.

The death of Baruk was meant to be shocking and appalling, but it was cleanly within the guidelines of the BZPRPG and the site itself. I described the actions but not the specifics; it's one of those things best left to the imagination, and there it lingers. The death of Emotia was also meant to leave a sour taste in your mouth because it highlights how amoral and unconcerned Anthyn is. And again, there was nothing that could have broken the rules. If anyone has a problem with it then it's purely a matter of your own tastes and boundaries and I guarantee you your complaints will do you no good.

To me, this is like a movie. No matter how much critical acclaim the film gets there are always the naysayers. It seems to me I wrote a hit and there are a few people who are openly critical about it. Well, whatever. That's how the cookie crumbles. Now go watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and snuggle with your teddy bears, since those are nonviolent and would be more up your alley. I and the rest of us will watch Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones and relish in something that is much more real to our world.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users