Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Wouldn't it be better to attack them before they transform? Don't give your enemy an inch of ground/an extra second. If they wait until they've become toa, the rahkshi have suddenly lost the advantage.
It's generally a narrative convention to give the heroes a chance. Ambushing them before they transform would be silly and cheap.On another note, I'm wondering what will happen to Inu when Oreius becomes a Toa. Because frankly, having a Beserker!Tahu would be scary.(Just watch as Toa energy leaks into the Parakuka and makes him a SUPER PARAKUKA or something)

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

@Constructman- Well, I think the WC will not be used to their new bodies and be disoriented after they transform, so I think that's why the Rahkshi are attacking after the transformation happens.

@MM- Or maybe it'll cause Inu to detach from Oreius without killing either of them. That's what I think- am I right? Probably not.

@Constructman- Well, I think the WC will not be used to their new bodies and be disoriented after they transform, so I think that's why the Rahkshi are attacking after the transformation happens.
This is a valid point, not to mention that around half the members of the WC have single-handedly taken out Muaka before.
@MM- Or maybe it'll cause Inu to detach from Oreius without killing either of them. That's what I think- am I right? Probably not.
Eh, that's more likely. I was just throwing out the most stupid fan theory I could, to be honest.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Wouldn't it be better to attack them before they transform? Don't give your enemy an inch of ground/an extra second. If they wait until they've become toa, the rahkshi have suddenly lost the advantage.

Actually, no. Makuta specifically made reference to lasting protection form "their guardian", making him unable to track/attack them. He also said it wore off once they transformed.

So he literally can't attack til they're Toa.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Actually, no. Makuta specifically made reference to lasting protection form "their guardian", making him unable to track/attack them. He also said it wore off once they transformed.

So he literally can't attack til they're Toa.

That too. :P And like I said before, they won't be used to their new bodies yet, so they'll be disoriented and slightly weak.

Mata Nui, even while sleeping, guards the Company by blinding Makuta to their movement. He can see them if they walk right in front of him (as Stannis and Korero did in Po-Wahi; he wasn't waiting for them, he just happened to be watching that place already), but he can't track them or follow them. That's why he sent his servants to search the island for the Company: if they weren't protected, he would already know their exact location, and would probably just crush them himself.

This protection ends the moment the Company transforms. As soon as they become Toa, Mata Nui's protection will no longer be strong enough to shield their power from the Makuta's gaze, and he will know exactly where they are. It has little to do with the Company being "disoriented and weak" following their transformation, and everything to do with them being under the protection of the Great Spirit.

It's like in Harry Potter: as long as Harry lives in the Dursleys' house, he's safe from attack. But as soon as he turns seventeen, or no longer calls their place home, then his protection breaks, and he is vulnerable to the full might of Voldemort and his Death Eaters.

Hope that clears it up. :)

So, if that's the case... Why did he only send 6 rahkshi? He should have sent like 60, or maybe even 600! It's like in Stick War 2 where you hole yourself up in your base and make like 20 Speartons, 30 Swordwrath, and 10 Archidons, and then when your force is big enough, rush the enemy when nothing can stop you.

Edited by Constructman

Thank you for confirming Mata Nui is alive.

And Exists.

And Construct, the reason why is because Makuta believes that Six Rahkshi would be enough to take on Five Matoran (Unless someone else joined in place of Aurax). After all, less than Six were able to do a ton of damage to the villages and players they encountered.

That's why.

And Construct, the reason why is because Makuta believes that Six Rahkshi would be enough to take on Five Matoran (Unless someone else joined in place of Aurax). After all, less than Six were able to do a ton of damage to the villages and players they encountered.

Have you not noticed that girl called Leah there? Who's been there, since, y'know, Aurax died?

Or do you just not pay any attention at all?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Thank you for confirming Mata Nui is alive.

And Exists.

That's why.

Dude, as long as at least one person believes in Mata Nui, he'll probably stay alive, even though he'll probably be really weak. Unless Nuju comes and says otherwise.

Oh, and have you met Leah yet? :P

I don't really pay attention because:

1. It doesn't concern my characters. Their actions have been done in secret (to my knowledge) to the rest of the island (besides for anyone who's hunting them). I remember Nuju or Tuck saying that...
  2. I don't find the plot that interesting. I know, I know, it's the admin plot, it's the main story, blah-blah-blah, but I don't enjoy reading it. It follows the spirit of Bionicle in my opinion, with the quest for the artefacts and all that... But I don't find it interesting and appealing to me. Sure it's cool and all that, but it's like my opinions on the Aukati plot, or the plot for Immcommodo (I know I didn't spell it right, but I don't care) and Co. It just doesn't appeal to me as much as you. I guess it's because I'm weird, I'm not included in your secret chat meetings, and that I joined when this stuff was already in motion (despite what people say), and not when the plot was just starting for the year (That, and I hate reading stuff on the internet. It doesn't give me the same feel like reading off a page).

So, if that's the case... Why did he only send 6 rahkshi? He should have sent like 60, or maybe even 600! It's like in Stick War 2 where you hole yourself up in your base and make like 20 Speartons, 30 Swordwrath, and 10 Archidons, and then when your force is big enough, rush the enemy when nothing can stop you.

Because then we lose and there is no plot.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

1. It doesn't concern my characters. Their actions have been done in secret (to my knowledge) to the rest of the island (besides for anyone who's hunting them). I remember Nuju or Tuck saying that...
  2. I don't find the plot that interesting. I know, I know, it's the admin plot, it's the main story, blah-blah-blah, but I don't enjoy reading it. It follows the spirit of Bionicle in my opinion, with the quest for the artefacts and all that... But I don't find it interesting and appealing to me. Sure it's cool and all that, but it's like my opinions on the Aukati plot, or the plot for Immcommodo (I know I didn't spell it right, but I don't care) and Co. It just doesn't appeal to me as much as you. I guess it's because I'm weird, I'm not included in your secret chat meetings, and that I joined when this stuff was already in motion (despite what people say), and not when the plot was just starting for the year (That, and I hate reading stuff on the internet. It doesn't give me the same feel like reading off a page).

Wowwwwwwww.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Have you not noticed that girl called Leah there? Who's been there, since, y'know, Aurax died?

Or do you just not pay any attention at all?

And, indeed, that there is in fact a seventh Matoran in the mix, who has just been declared Chronicler? :P

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Not paying attention to the plot is one thing; if you're to be believed that you didn't know Leah existed/was a member of the team, that means you would actually have had to ignore anywhere from fifteen to twenty percent of the posts in GD whenever a major plot related post comes up.

Kinda sketchy.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

And, indeed, that there is in fact a seventh Matoran in the mix, who has just been declared Chronicler? :P

Ghosty, stahp making me sad that I'm not part of the group anymore...

jkjk :P But seriously, stahp.

@Varren- Yeah, you're right- you do have a right to ignore the staff plot. However, it's just that we all highly recommend that everyone pays attention to it since it's the epitamy of RPing and without that plot, there wouldn't really be much of a game.

1. It doesn't concern my characters. [blah blah blah.]
  2. I don't find the plot that interesting. [blah blah blah.]

I agree. It really is a lame plot and has no effect on everybody else at all. Also, yup, you're right, it's uninspired and not very appealing. It's a godawful plot with subpar players who waste time and spend a lot of time thinking.

OF COURSE NOT

You don't even have to enjoy the plot or find it relevant to you to enjoy the narrative. There have been some very groundbreaking and wizard narrations in the story and those who can appreciate higher writing and storytelling have lauded the posts in the plot, by and large. Maybe if you weren't so close-minded and nestled in your own world of ignorance of other masterful strokes beyond your castle you could watch, learn and grow to be a better player as a result. I really, heavily encourage you to tak the time to study the plot, if only to understand the methods used in it. Think of it as researching literature -- smart people do that.

Who knows, maybe from watching others you could even have success with your horsemen plot? It's worth a thought.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Yeah, guys, lay off. If he doesn't want to follow the main plot, that's his prerogative. Don't berate him for doing so. Now that's not to say he's only hurting himself in the long haul for lack of knowledge and understanding, let alone a great narrative and a way to become a better writer, but that's his choice.

Not so say his reasons are sound or worth while, but don't make him feel less for doing so.

:)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I realize this, thank you.

I know the admins are excellent writers. I'm not trying to say they're not. If I came off that way, I am sorry.

And Daenerys, I've been watching. I've been watching for a long time. One can only watch for so long before getting sick of watching.

Thank you all for pointing out that I'm incorrect.

Edited by Varren Rehn

I realize this, thank you.

I know the admins are excellent writers. I'm not trying to say they're not. If I came off that way, I am sorry.

It's not the admins that make this plot tick, it's the players like Eyru, Vezok's Friend and Tyler who make it awesome. It's us, the players, that you should observe. Nuju and Tuck are just there to facilitate the story, not write it.

Though Tuck is okay at playing an intrepid jock who gets involved with us, I guess...

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

I'd just say to read it for two reasons.

Reason One: Hey, look, if you read it and what-not, you might actually learn something. About writing, the game, or some other extraneous thing.

Reason Two: So that something doesn't get mentioned that you don't understand and all the rest of us end up feeling like the question you subsequently asked was a stupid question.Disclaimer: These reasons apply to everybody, not you specifically.

profiles i guess

Is a bit late but got Friar Tuck's movie quote

I noticed it a good five lines before I even got to it. Peter Pan sticks with you.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

1. It doesn't concern my characters. [blah blah blah.]
  2. I don't find the plot that interesting. [blah blah blah.]

I agree. It really is a lame plot and has no effect on everybody else at all. Also, yup, you're right, it's uninspired and not very appealing. It's a godawful plot with subpar players who waste time and spend a lot of time thinking. OF COURSE NOT You don't even have to enjoy the plot or find it relevant to you to enjoy the narrative. There have been some very groundbreaking and wizard narrations in the story and those who can appreciate higher writing and storytelling have lauded the posts in the plot, by and large. Maybe if you weren't so close-minded and nestled in your own world of ignorance of other masterful strokes beyond your castle you could watch, learn and grow to be a better player as a result. I really, heavily encourage you to tak the time to study the plot, if only to understand the methods used in it. Think of it as researching literature -- smart people do that. Who knows, maybe from watching others you could even have success with your horsemen plot? It's worth a thought.
I gotta admit, I don't think we should describe the staff plot as if it were written by "Writing Gods" or something. That honestly sounds extremely arrogant and ultimately sounded like the whole goal of that post was to indirectly bash him.Just to show you people Varren's not the only one who doesn't keep up with the staff plot, I myself just don't have the motivation to. Would I like to know what the "karz" is going on in the world? Heck yes. Would I like to know the context of your so-called "godly posts of perfection" so I could judge for myself if they're as divine as you people claim? Absolutely. However, I'd rather not read 300+ pages of posts that 90% of which just don't matter, and are spread out over 6/7 different threads that in and of themselves have 400-600 pages each.Perhaps a map-guide of all the relevant posts/sections would be nice, or a summary of the most important events. That would be easier than navigating the maze of thousands of post that the BZRPG has become (which is not necessarily a bad thing, just near impossible for new members, like me, to catch up.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Which is why I said enough is enough above. Come the new season all these topics will be re-booted, and the hundred to thousands of pages will be sent to the archives, making it easier for everyone. Guys, there is no need to look down on those who decide not to read everything.

STOP. Or I start deleting posts.

And if you don't read the plot... don't be snobbish or rebellious if you don't think it's good or worth while. Both sides take a chill pill.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

The issue of the staff plot has been resolved, and I apologize if it seems like this is continuing it, but I thought it might be best to mention it since some of the newer players might not know.

Much of the BZPRPG is compiled here, http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Encyclopaedia_of_the_BZPRPG_Wiki, including the staff plot.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Let's stop arguing, guys. Even as a primary author of the it, I myself don't care if people read or concern themselves with the staff-hosted story arc (unless it starts to directly affect their characters; then they have no right to ignore it). After all, that isn't all there is to this game or this universe. The BZPRPG is, in its nature, the most complex story that could ever be written - hundreds of authors controlling countless protagonists... what could be more convoluted and directionless? - so it's not only entirely irrelevant that somebody wouldn't follow a strand of that story: it's blameless and totally understandable.

Of course, I'd highly recommend following the staff plot. It showcases some excellent writers and meaningful PC interactions that are all too rare in this violence-obsessed game. Even though the BZPRPG is a sandbox RPG, that doesn't mean that there's no method to it, and the people who have earned the privileges associated with the main arc are there for a reason. They know the method, they have skills; I read their posts with joy both because they are making my plot interesting and because I learn from their work.

But to read their work is a personal choice, and people have the right to play the game as ignorant of it as they'd like. However, if you're one of those people who doesn't read the staff arc, I don't believe you have a right to critique what you're unfamiliar with. If anyone wants a basic summary of the spine of the staff plot so far (minus a little of recent events - it's not done being updated yet), you can go read this very helpful page on the BZPRPG Wiki to establish the background of the plot.

Thank you, everybody, for not hitting each other with verbal wet fishes in the future.

test2.png

Hai gais.

You know how Basilisk made a militant group?

Well, we need more people. And Basilisk, hurry up. I mean, I even posted before you!

You ever heard of this wonderful thing called a PM, Constructman? It might do a bit of good to send him one, instead of walking out here and ordering him to hurry up and linking a post.

profiles i guess

Because then we lose and there is no plot.

Well...

And there's also the possible reasoning that Makuta has a hard time making his 'sons'.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013