Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Let's stop arguing, guys. Even as a primary author of the it, I myself don't care if people read or concern themselves with the staff-hosted story arc (unless it starts to directly affect their characters; then they have no right to ignore it). After all, that isn't all there is to this game or this universe. The BZPRPG is, in its nature, the most complex story that could ever be written - hundreds of authors controlling countless protagonists... what could be more convoluted and directionless? - so it's not only entirely irrelevant that somebody wouldn't follow a strand of that story: it's blameless and totally understandable. Of course, I'd highly recommend following the staff plot. It showcases some excellent writers and meaningful PC interactions that are all too rare in this violence-obsessed game. Even though the BZPRPG is a sandbox RPG, that doesn't mean that there's no method to it, and the people who have earned the privileges associated with the main arc are there for a reason. They know the method, they have skills; I read their posts with joy both because they are making my plot interesting and because I learn from their work. But to read their work is a personal choice, and people have the right to play the game as ignorant of it as they'd like. However, if you're one of those people who doesn't read the staff arc, I don't believe you have a right to critique what you're unfamiliar with. If anyone wants a basic summary of the spine of the staff plot so far (minus a little of recent events - it's not done being updated yet), you can go read http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_Plot_-_2012_Year]this very helpful page[/url] on the BZPRPG Wiki to establish the background of the plot. Thank you, everybody, for not hitting each other with verbal wet fishes in the future.
Well, that helped a little bit. Not a bad story, I suppose. Thanks for directing me to that.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

A few questions:

One: how exactly does the mask of psychometry work? What defines an object?

Second: Do potassium nitrates, charcoal, and sulfur naturally occur on Mata Nui? If so, shouldn't the matoran have primitive firearms such as fire lances, hand cannons, and whatnot? Seeing as the Koro prisons have lots of foreign tech to reverse engineer off of, wouldn't they have at least primitive black powder devices?

Third: Can protosteel be created by Fe-Toa?

1) It allows one to see the history of an inanimate object one is in physical contact with. For example, if you touched a rahkshi (as the armor is in fact inanimate), you could see where it was created(but nothing prior, as it was animate shadow kraata back then), how it was destroyed etc. It can only be used on one object at a time and the user has virtually no control over what and how much information they receive.

2) No canon material on that, not that canon counts in the rpg, but assuming that Mata Nui is in fact a great spirit robot, the island is a camouflage system of the matoran universe and as such would probably be composed of protodermis. I'm unsure though why would one use chemical firearms when the Vortixx probably have much more advanced tech. As to why theya re not employed by the matoran, it feels to me like they simply lack the understanding and or resources to build them, or their ammunition. A bullet or zamor sphere is a lot more complicated than a bamboo disk.

3) Rules don't cover that as far as I know, but I would assume the hardest material known would take great effort or knowledge to make.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

I'd call it in experience basis. The longer the user practices with the mask the more control they have. Helryx was able to get location of creation with enough concentration. i would say the definition of the object also falls to the user. If you have enough control, you can decide between a history of a brick or the whole house. By following the logic of accessing history of only the smallest part of what you touch, you'd be getting the history of atoms :)

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

A few questions:

Second: Do potassium nitrates, charcoal, and sulfur naturally occur on Mata Nui? If so, shouldn't the matoran have primitive firearms such as fire lances, hand cannons, and whatnot? Seeing as the Koro prisons have lots of foreign tech to reverse engineer off of, wouldn't they have at least primitive black powder devices?

---

One: Roughly what Nohiki said. It must be inorganic, though.

Two: There are primitive explosives available on Mata Nui, but I believe they are mostly very unstable and dangerous. One exception to that is the 'photothermic powder' my character Stralix invented. Generally, foreign tech is the way to go for firearms.

Three: No. I believe that's a staff-only privilege, or at least requires situation-specific staff approval.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

A few questions:

---

One: Roughly what Nohiki said. It must be inorganic, though.

Two: There are primitive explosives available on Mata Nui, but I believe they are mostly very unstable and dangerous. One exception to that is the 'photothermic powder' my character Stralix invented. Generally, foreign tech is the way to go for firearms.

Three: No. I believe that's a staff-only privilege, or at least requires situation-specific staff approval.

Strange, no one's raised any fingers on the protosteel shield one of my characters are carrying around.

Though if it is a problem I'd be happy to change it

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

So, is that a yes or no?

I would think that would be fine if that's the only thing your character has, as long as he doesn't obtain any more. But I'm not staff, so we'll wait to see what the official ruling is from a staffie.

Well, since it is the only protosteel tool he has, I'll consider this case closed, unless staff comes along.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I think having them is fine. It's creating them that I meant needed approval.

Then I'll consider this matter settled. Move along, people, nothing to see here.

Except you, Gravity. Who still haven't seen the PM I seent you a week ago.

That is all

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I think having them is fine. It's creating them that I meant needed approval.

Yeah, I think the reason that creating protosteel needs approval is that it's both rare and extremely strong (I could be wrong- there could be metals stronger than protosteel). I don't think the staffies want the supply of protosteel to go up because of it's strength.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Actually, depending on the situation and time given, it is perfectly legal.

Example: Dor encasing his flamberge in Protosteel during his fight against Heuani so it would stand a chance against the stronger blade.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

"Then I wish Mata Nui be with you," Hewkii said as he shook Stannis gently and retracted his hand, "and I look forward to seeing your great name in the chronicles of your journey. When I look at you I see a grand strategy at play. Your statue will be the statue that will pierce the heavens, Stannis."

Who thinks we should actually make this statue a thing after this arc is over? I do! :D

Wait, even better, who thinks we should make a statue of Stannis standing next to a statue of Aurax a thing?

"Then I wish Mata Nui be with you," Hewkii said as he shook Stannis gently and retracted his hand, "and I look forward to seeing your great name in the chronicles of your journey. When I look at you I see a grand strategy at play. Your statue will be the statue that will pierce the heavens, Stannis."

Who thinks we should actually make this statue a thing after this arc is over? I do! :D

Wait, even better, who thinks we should make a statue of Stannis standing next to a statue of Aurax a thing?

Build an Aurax statue, and I will destroy it.

He deserves no statue.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Build an Aurax statue, and I will destroy it.

He deserves no statue.

He doesn't deserve a statue.

He deserves a giant statue. :D I don't know what's wrong with you- Aurax was the greatest Chosen of all time.

Not sure why Aurax has been turned into this post-mortem Memetic badbutt. He kinda just sat there for the Stannis' Companions arc and then ended up living for all of two minutes before dying. He just doesn't deserve a huge statue.

Would he have been a cool Chosen? Yeah. Is he still cool? Yeah, of course.

As a matter of fact, he's got his own one-man cemetery. How much more does one Matoran need?

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Not sure why Aurax has been turned into this post-mortem Memetic badbutt. He kinda just sat there for the Stannis' Companions arc and then ended up living for all of two minutes before dying. He just doesn't deserve a huge statue.

As a matter of fact, he's got his own one-man cemetery. How much more does one Matoran need?

-Tyler

So much this.

profiles i guess

-Tyler

He did not sit there for the Companions arc- he did stuff. Like try to defend Hafu and fail miserably. In my opinion he deserves a statue. And that "cemetery" is little more than a mound in the middle of nowhere. :P At least give him a mausoleum or something.

Anyway, does Stannis deserve a big statue? Heck yes. At least that should be made a thing.

-Tyler

He did not sit there for the Companions arc- he did stuff. Like try to defend Hafu and fail miserably. In my opinion he deserves a statue. And that "cemetery" is little more than a mound in the middle of nowhere. :P At least give him a mausoleum or something.

Anyway, does Stannis deserve a big statue? Heck yes. At least that should be made a thing.

In your opinion, because he's your character...when all the rest of us really didn't see much of him except his getting killed, because all the others around him were the ones actually doing most of the stuff. So yeah.

If he had been more notable, maybe we'd feel like giving him a monument. Maybe. But he wasn't. And the common people don't get statues.

This statue is dedicated in fond and loving memory to Aurax.

He sucked, but at least he TRIED.

-Tyler

+1 vote

profiles i guess

@Otter- yeah, well, he would've done more had he been left alive. And the reason he was a "common person" at first made him more awesome- he came from nowhere and was Chosen. That's why I made him the way he was- he was a simple weaponsmith and he goes on a big adventure and has a lot of fun. And he finally becomes Chosen. Oh, and I think you would've seen a lot more of him had he survived.

But anyway, I was only making a suggestion- if you don't want to give him a statue, that's fine with me. I have my opinions and you have yours.

Guys, we can all argue about Aurax but it won't get us anywhere.

Yes, Xemnas, you were shafted and Aurax didn't get to be explored to his full potential. I still am not a fan of what happened but we can't change it. He was a cool character, though, and could have been a great hero. That said, the only reason Aurax got an iconic status is because he is remembered as Stannis' friend, but even Stannis is getting out if that stage and is finding new fuel to drive his adventures.

Was Aurax cool? Sure. But does he deserve raves and love? Nope.

You miss Aurax; that's awesome. Can we please stop bringing it up now?

You miss Aurax; that's awesome. Can we please stop bringing it up now?

Yes, sorry, I was being... I dunno. Yes, I will stop bringing up his death, although what I said earlier was more about him getting a statue than him dying.

But yes, I see your point about him not needing raves and love. Sorry for bringing this up- I now realize this subject leads to arguments.

Okay, now let's talk about something else- anyone have any suggestions? :P

Let's talk about Anthyn. :)

Yes- Anthyn is the craziest woman I've ever seen. Crazier than even Anyanka seems. Anthyn is... a pure evil sundae with a dash of malice on top.

EDIT: Tyler, Anyanka's cool and all and Imma let you finish, but Anthyn's the craziest woman of all time. :P