Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Normally, I find pure evil characters shallow, childish, and cliche. I mean, who goes like "Whahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what evil am I going to do tomorrow?" in real life?

Anthyn, however, is something else. As much as I hate her, she's still awesome. Maybe that's even why she's awesome.

Anyanka: I'm going to have to keep watching. RIght now, she seems like a dreamy girl that doesn't have a 100% grasp on what she's doing. She's somewhat... disturbing.

Normally, I find pure evil characters shallow, childish, and cliche. I mean, who goes like "Whahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha what evil am I going to do tomorrow?" in real life?

Anthyn, however, is something else. As much as I hate her, she's still awesome. Maybe that's even why she's awesome.

I think that's kind of the point- she's so evil you hate her, and that's why you love her. :P

Evil characters with tragic backstories are so~ cliché these days.

I mean, there are so~ many, and are usually handsome pretty-boys who gain the attention of fangirls around the world.

We shoulds totes go classical and bring back pure evil.

Already done through Anthyn. She has no tragic backstory and is pure evil. :P

Now, how many of you would want to create a group of pure evil people? Just curious to see how many people would, not sure if it'll be a thing though.

You spelled her name right and yes she is sooooo adorbs! But Anthyanka is where it's at!

: D : D : D

Also, Ambages and Aurelia (to a great extent) is pretty much as pure evil as one can get.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Someone should make a Villain (and plot to go with him), that in no way resembles the 'serious' villains we've grown accustom to.

Why not have a villain who's purpose is to mock the forces of good whilst wreaking havoc and destruction?

And don't say that there's a group that's already doing that. Because, I'm pretty sure they aren't. Despite what you say.

Someone should make a Villain (and plot to go with him), that in no way resembles the 'serious' villains we've grown accustom to.

Why not have a villain who's purpose is to mock the forces of good whilst wreaking havoc and destruction?

And don't say that there's a group that's already doing that. Because, I'm pretty sure they aren't. Despite what you say.

Ooh, maybe we could make him similar to Amon from The Legend of Korra and convince a whole bunch of civilians that good guys are lame or something. :P Your idea could work, I think- though if you want to destroy stuff, you'd need permission from Nuju (or in the case of minor locations like an inn, from the owner).

But seriously, that's an interesting idea. I don't think anyone's currently mocking the forces of good or anything, so that's probably open.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Hmmm... I wonder what would happen if I made a group loosely based on the Equalists... while using the points Auron put up... I should make this a thing... :sly: How many of you would be interested in such a group?

Depends on how many groups 1 person can be part of.

As for Suliax, he completely missed out on a chance to be Vakama's (dead body) honor guard.

As for Villains, a guy who is actually being the good guy (Not just thinking it) and the good guys who fight the evil-goodguy is actually just misguided?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

About the statue...It's head will be gold, its chest and arms will be silver, its abdomen and thighs will be bronze, its legs will be iron, and its feet will be part iron and part clay. Then, a stone cut without hands will fall and crush the image. The stone will then expand and cover all of Mata Nui. (Daniel 2:31-35)As for the equalists, I was under the impression we hated expies here... But yeah, I'm neutral towards that. Personally I'd like the idea to be saved for after a couple of other threats have been taken down. It's getting a bit crowded on this island.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

About the statue...It's head will be gold, its chest and arms will be silver, its abdomen and thighs will be bronze, its legs will be iron, and its feet will be part iron and part clay. Then, a stone cut without hands will fall and crush the image. The stone will then expand and cover all of Mata Nui.(Daniel 2:31-35)As for the equalists, I was under the impression we hated expies here... But yeah, I'm neutral towards that. Personally I'd like the idea to be saved for after a couple of other threats have been taken down. It's getting a bit crowded on this island.

We don't hate expies.....

We just love original characters. Or characters whose development is kewl.

Too much expiness and it becomes hard to develop.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Actually, it's like a Bulbasaur hating an Ivysaur because Ivysaurs have greater magic powers and cause more chaos, but are perfectly fine with the Venasaur because they lead their villages.

I have no idea where I was going with that analogy, but yeah.

(JL, your avatar scares me because I now keep on imagining you as Yoko, and you being a hot anime chick scares me.)

Valkyr questions:

One: Why is Anthyn the only one running around?

Two: What does it mean that she has seven souls in her? The people whom she stole the souls from are still alive and kicking, so what exactly does this do?

1. Because nobody else has made one yet.

2. It means she has the souls of those people within her. She sucked them out when she came into existence in a ritual and they basically act as fuel for her power. People who had their souls sucked out can still work without them, but they are altered at a very psychological level and will never be who they were before. There are other effects between those people and Anthyn, though they have steered clear of her since then (strangely, lol).

"Then I wish Mata Nui be with you," Hewkii said as he shook Stannis gently and retracted his hand, "and I look forward to seeing your great name in the chronicles of your journey. When I look at you I see a grand strategy at play. Your statue will be the statue that will pierce the heavens, Stannis."

HE ACTUALLY SAID THAT?

Somebody replace Statue with Drill.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Seriously man, you have to make some decent original characters. Playing around with the expies is fine and dandy, but you gotta show us your creativity with original characters that aren't flat cardboard cookies. And actually capable Matoran.
This is why I only have one well-developed De-Matoran character. Instead of making fifty "different" half-done characters, I pour all my writing abilities and focus into what that one character does. I feel in the end it will turn out as a much better thought-out story (on an individual level) than some of the aforementioned "flat cardboard cookies" that come out of nowhere just because people think it's a good idea.Of course, I could be wrong and you guys can easily do this, and that's fine; I'm not just not exactly a multi-tasking person, myself.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Theme songs are completely unnecessary and are only added if someone feels bored and finds a song that fits their character. Besides, they take up my precious profile space - now if you excuse me, I'm off to revamp it and reduce my extreme amount of characters.

Music may be completely useless to others, but it adds depth to the creator.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Let me revise that last sentence."Music may be completely useless to others, but for some it adds inspiration for the creator."

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

I have no problem with page length character sheets. that's what spoiler tags are for :P To me, especially long history is absolutely necessary, because history shapes how a person is going to behave imho. There doesn't necessarily need to be a deep story, but more like the general experience the character had with life. Death of loved ones, broken hearts, winning a lottery, that sort of stuff.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension