Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

So exciting...Plot plot plot plot plot...
All this stuff about the plot--especially now that I actually know enough about the staff story to get what the heck is going on--I feel so...left out, being cooped up in Ga-Koro while a bunch of "chosen ones" achieve their destinies in Le-Wahi XD

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

*shrugs* Maybe I'm just too used to being in smaller-populated RP settings like on an RP on another forum that I have a significant role in or a MineCraft RP server I serve as a moderator on. XD

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Again, pretty sure I'm just too used to more smaller-scale RPs. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it feels weird. =3

"Wrong."

I have to say, these posts featuring Anthyn and Anyanka are interesting to read. Nothing like psychopathic torture against an near-powerless NPC to liven up the RPG forum.

If I ever want to get rid of a character in an interesting way, I think I'll just go have him attempt to commit a crime in Ga-Koro.

Edited by Giant of Lannister

pNNgXax.jpg

I have to say, these featuring Anthyn and Anyanka are interesting to read. Nothing like psychopathic torture against an near-powerless NPC to liven up the RPG forum.

If I ever want to get rid of a character in an interesting way, I think I'll just go have him attempt to commit a crime in Ga-Koro.

S'my boy.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

...Well, that would certainly lead to an interesting end for anyone.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Ic: "I am positive that a new Company will rise to fill the vacancy we will leave when we set these rocks in the notches.

Challenge accepted. XP I have the perfect character for that, actually... :sly: But before I do anything, first I'm going to sit back and watch, wait, and see what the plot's like for next year.

Ic: "I am positive that a new Company will rise to fill the vacancy we will leave when we set these rocks in the notches.

Challenge accepted. XP I have the perfect character for that, actually... :sly: But before I do anything, first I'm going to sit back and watch, wait, and see what the plot's like for next year.

What happens when you already have a team?

Add on the fact that one of them is actually a Makuta flamboyant fanboy whose trying to make his mark on the team as well.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

All legends are merely parts of great cycles; history is always reincarnating itself to keep archetypes alive. As Matoran become Toa, so other Matoran will take up the mantle left behind, and eventually they will undergo the same heroic journey. There is no single quest that decides the fate of the world; it is a continuous quest with no end and no beginning, a heroic journey with different characters but the same archetypes.

All would-be heroes need not be Matoran, but the journey from Matoran to Toa is a physical example of a mental and spiritual change. This physical accompaniment to an otherwise physically undetectable journey is a classic trope in the BIONICLE universe, and one that I, personally, don't want to end.

Toa characters being discouraged? What a nightmare.

Not really. Toa can be really handy sometimes, but more-often-than not, they are the exact opposite of the standard RP character.

They already have some development, they've moved on from being weak little 'children' and have reached a level of maturity, in which they have to control their mask/toa powers.

If you look at it from the 'professional' point of view, being able to RP as a Toa is a disadvantage, as you've been cheated out of part of the RP experience.

Meditate on it, it could prove most enlightening.

All legends are merely parts of great cycles; history is always reincarnating itself to keep archetypes alive. As Matoran become Toa, so other Matoran will take up the mantle left behind, and eventually they will undergo the same heroic journey. There is no single quest that decides the fate of the world; it is a continuous quest with no end and no beginning, a heroic journey with different characters but the same archetypes.

All would-be heroes need not be Matoran, but the journey from Matoran to Toa is a physical example of a mental and spiritual change. This physical accompaniment to an otherwise physically undetectable journey is a classic trope in the BIONICLE universe, and one that I, personally, don't want to end.

Again, challenge accepted. :P Maybe I could start a Matoran group next year... yes, that would be perfect... :sly:

For me, the RP experience I want is the same experience I want with any other game. Which is kind of why I've been getting less in touch with the RPG, more and more attracted to other things. Exploring characters is fine with me, and I try to put some of it in stories, but honestly it's the meeting new people and fighting enemies that I like best in a game.

So, as you can imagine, I've just been shot. Karzin' Knights...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

What? No, I like the story. It's not one of my favorite stories in any capacity, but I love a good story. It's the extreme emphasis on character development that I don't get.

I like stories that lead to high stakes, good action, logical progression of events, good pacing of said events, cool elements (like a cool history for stuff, or big life-destroying rings, infected planets full of Dark Energon) and character description. I don't care much if the characters change along the way, as long as they have a solid basic personality set up.

I don't like games that have boring or no story. It's one reason why I love Halo so much. The story is just awesome.

Plus, Bionicle had low combat action in canon due to Lego's censorship. If I didn't love a good story, I wouldn't be here.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

This is getting to be a witch hunt against Axilus. We all have our reasons to be in this game and there is no problem if someone is here for the action or the story or a mix of everything. We all enjoy different aspects. That doesn't mean we're any good at them, but it's still why we're here, and each player has value as a result of it.

Now let's let off the subject. If this is truly worth quarrel, take it to PM, don't discuss it here.

Whoa whoa whoa, Hubert. I don't think lesbians are hot. Nor would I go looking for "hot chicks" in a game where girls looking like this...

Hahli_Inika.png

...can be considered attractive by the Captain of the Ta-Koro Guard.

Anyway, so I heard the Essence Stones are almost all collected. That took a while.

I also heard there were Rahkshi. Are they out in the open where PC's could come in and fight them, or are they silently hunting down the Matoran?

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Anyway, so I heard the Essence Stones are almost all collected. That took a while.

I also heard there were Rahkshi. Are they out in the open where PC's could come in and fight them, or are they silently hunting down the Matoran?

The Essence Stones were all collected a week or so ago. The transformation is happening... well, now.

And yes, there are Rahkshi. As this post states, they are not out in the open, but are waiting for the WC to transform before they strike.

We need some insight into the BZPRPG's Makuta.

For so long he's just 'Shadows and evil'.

I feel like 2013 needs to give him a reason to be shadowy and evil.

Absolutely not.

The best evil is the irredeemable kind, the evil with cause but left unexplained, the commiter unrepentant and, yes, giving no explanation. Some of the most evil characters in fiction as a whole were created by Shakespeare. The most insidious of them all, however, is Iago, a character in the play Othello. He uses his clever abilities to become the most trusted aide to Othello all while he plots to destroy Othello's life, such as seeding discord in the family and making Othello kill his own wife, Desmedonna, under suspicious of treachery. He hates for no apparent reason and almost succeeds in his ploy, but when he s caught and asked why he did it all, he gives no explanation and simple refuses to speak of it at all.

THAT is evil. THAT is brilliance. There suddenly is nothing human about Iago, nothing relatable by the observers of the play. In this game's setting, we have a being of arguably pure evil: The Makuta. He is evil without reason, darkness itself, the everlasting villain. He cannot be compared to any character, and as soon as you give him an origin and a purpose to be evil all the magic vanishes from him.

Makuta and Ambages are the two major bastions of evil. Though I cannot vouch for Nuju and his portrayal of the Makuta, I don't think it would be right to give him reason to be the way he is, and for the sake of leading by example Ambages' goals will never be explained. They will forever be enigmas.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Looks like I was behind schedule. Oh well, my fault, I was off doing other stuff. Thanks!

Now to read that post...

I missed more than I thought. Inu is attached to Oreius?

The descriptions are detailed and awesome. I feel like I once did in the days I would see pictures of new Bionicle sets for the first time...yep, Nuju came with a promise to return to the roots, and he delivered.

And now we see Rahkshi fights. That post was sheer epicness.

Pk57sNJ.jpg