Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Oh.....

Cael x Heuani.....

and Joske's test.....

I say 'Love of your life' for this one. She represents the future; the other 2 are things of the past, and are tests to see which is the most important - to stay and be the same, lose your chances, waste your time on something that is worth it for about 5 mintes, or chase the future.

Of course, I'm sure the answer will be something like 'let the Turaga on the Ussal, and then you walk with the love of your life and your best friend alongside the crab.

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Greater Love Hath No Man

I hope you will all join me in saying a very fond farewell to Cael. She has been a joy to play as, and her personality has matured incredibly from her beginning until now. It is with mixed emotions that I let her go, because I'm sad to see her leave, but she told a heck of story on her way out. I'll miss her.

Thanks to Tuck and Nuju for letting me get involved in this incredible plot.

Greater Love Hath No Man

I hope you will all join me in saying a very fond farewell to Cael. She has been a joy to play as, and her personality has matured incredibly from her beginning until now. It is with mixed emotions that I let her go, because I'm sad to see her leave, but she told a heck of story on her way out. I'll miss her.

So....what next for her and Heuani?

That?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I hope you will all join me in saying a very fond farewell to Cael. She has been a joy to play as, and her personality has matured incredibly from her beginning until now. It is with mixed emotions that I let her go, because I'm sad to see her leave, but she told a heck of story on her way out. I'll miss her. Thanks to Tuck and Nuju for letting me get involved in this incredible plot.

...W - wait, what what what what what whatI actually enjoyed reading Cael's posts, thank you very much

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Viserys,

That is among the most moving and yet agonizing (in a good way) posts to sit through. There was been many amazing posts last year and this month but few evoked such emotion as Cael and Joske's story and its conclusion.

Thank you.

If this is the shape of things to come, I look forward to this year with renewed vigor.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Greater Love Hath No Man

tumblr_m9ded99WQJ1ruy98mo3_250.gif

:(

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Greater Love Hath No Man

tumblr_m72bratYog1rp7i4y.gif

I don't know who I feel more sorry for - Cael, as she dies without dignity, her life thrown away in vain as Heuani destroys the last remnants of her will; or Joske, whose journey will now be all the more painful, having love ripped mercilessly away when he'd only just found it...

:crying:

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

*sadface*On a different note, some people have not been paying attention to a certain plot of mine they are in. While I'm not really annoyed because I've been guilty of the same thing, attention has come calling. He wants to break my legs.For Heaven's sake, pay him!

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

I've always wanted to see something where the hero actively tosses the options he is give out the window and comes up with his own answer.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=115&p=497890]This is my choice Specter; the hero I choose to be.[/url]

Behold, the ultimate denial of the no-win.

*applause*Tuck, I would like to let you know how incredible Joske's development arc so far has been for me to read. The development from a sort of shallow, prideful Kohlii champion to a true champion has been brilliant as of yet - and don't think I missed the tremendous amount of significance in the way Joske chose his answer. The fact that he leaves himself to Destiny while trusting the island's people to do their Duty is certainly not lost on me - and from a meta perspective, it helps to point towards the greater amount of involvement non-staffers have been promised in BZPRPG 2013. Excellent work.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I haven't been on here in a while. Have they had Nokama's funeral yet?

Yes. It was over a while ago.

I don't know where you got this information, but it is entirely incorrect. A simple search of Ga-Wahi reveals that the word "funeral" has only been mentioned in a post three times since Nokama's death.

The funeral should happen next week, as is stated in my latest Ketan post. Coincidentally, it will be followed by the ceremony in which it seems the Toa Arete will be given full control of the village of water.

:kaukau: And I coincidentally check this topic for the first time in weeks right when you post that, Marius. Yes, I will be posting as Nixie, now that you remind me. It's just that school has really been catching up with me, and in many ways this RPG is seriously intimidating (it doesn't help that in almost every post I have written, I hve somehow or other made a fool of myself).

So about Cozette...

Seems school's being harsh on everyone nowadays. I like to think of it as the RPG being harsh on school, for me!

But yeah, I really know what you mean about it being intimidating. I feel the same way, even though I've been RPing for a good solid two years. I actually met my girlfriend in a Legend of Zelda RPG! :D

Yeah, I feel pretty intimidated a lot. When I make some posts, I'm occasionally afraid of how they could be received. I don't feel embarrassed about them, though. I let Kehuri take all the embarassment. :D

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

@ Friar Tuck: Honestly Tuck, you’re just too darned good at this to keep making spelling errors. :P This reiteration of Joske Nimil is growing on me more and more. I think I need to go read from Ko-wahi and catch up on his game-screen-time. The transformation from hot-headed brawler to compassionate hero has been a real treat to watch, especially since I have a character in similar straits as well (not in this region, thank Mata-Nui.) When I read your “Test” posed to Joske, I stopped for a moment and began to think about it as myself. I came to the conclusion of letting my love, who loved me back, and the turaga use my ussal, and I’d stay with my friend. However, I went so far as to reshape the question to a worldly example for my family. The result was interesting. My mother immediately asked for all the possible parameters. Was the turaga going to die in a few hours, or days? How far was the trip? Was their food at the rest stop? Did the true love love her back as well? The questions went on for a while. She decided to give the elder a permanent seat on the “horse” and have the rest of the four share the open saddle, trading turns to rest as the four all crossed the desert at once.

I'm going to give you a secret: two-thirds of the time those posts are written in the time-span of exactly NOW; aka the moment they are posted I am rushing off to work, chores, or some other life instance, so proof-reading isn't on the top of my priorities most of the time :P I try to go back later and correct what I see, but I think I usually get them all... you're the only one who seems to lament on my lack of spelling. If that's true, care for a job as my editor?!

:D

Though you bring up a good point, and something I must remind everyone about the challenge question: the true love part. If you did not choose her at that moment, you would never see her again. That was the point. Even if you gave her your seat and the turaga the other, you would have saved the dying man but never seen her again. That was the difficulty of her portion. It was either there, or never. Still, glad to see people liked it.

The Heuani battle is fast approaching...

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I read the story of the Temple of Purity (a bit late, I know), and was pleasantly surprised that Joske actually came up with one of the two answers I had come up with!

The other (which might not have worked) was to turn around and take everyone into Onu-Wahi instead, where it would be possible for my friend and I to walk, while the lover and Turaga rode the Ussal. That's assuming the Turaga could have made it to Onu-Koro.

Fourth option ftw!

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what the BZRPG policies on new universes are. Back in 200... 5 or 6 or so, BZRPG more or less rebooted every year. Is this policy still in effect and are we just waiting for the major plot arcs to close, or will this iteration of the BZRPG carry on forever?

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering what the BZRPG policies on new universes are. Back in 200... 5 or 6 or so, BZRPG more or less rebooted every year. Is this policy still in effect and are we just waiting for the major plot arcs to close, or will this iteration of the BZRPG carry on forever?

Was the old BZPRPG actually called the BZRPG?If so then my mistakes from when I joined weren't really mistakes.

Apart from those ones.

Anyways, the story for our current one will carry on to the next iteration, hopefully coming not on the 1st or 2nd because then I miss it.

However, a reboot may come at any time.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Hello everyone,

Yes and no.

This particular iteration will likely carry on for a long while to come, because we aren't changing scenery. Since the location isn't changing, the topic don't need to, and thus most things stay the same.'

But once this particular staff plot wraps up, then there will be some changes to be instituted, and the new game year could be considered started.@JL: The BZPRPG was indeed called the BZPRPG. Clever names the BZIII and the like came about later, when people started needing a way to differentiate between the three variations of the game.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Hello everyone,

@JL: The BZPRPG was indeed called the BZPRPG. Clever names the BZIII and the like came about later, when people started needing a way to differentiate between the three variations of the game.

Dat mistype....

What are you trying to say????

:confusedface:

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

...There was no typo. People came up with ways to differentiate between through versions of the game, such as calling this one the BZIII.

There was. I am ... fairly... certain that this is the BZRPG, and not the BZPRPG :).

Also, JL, there is absolutely no reason to be alarmed :).