• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bzprpg News And Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41464 replies to this topic

#38641 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 09:50 AM

Nowhere, I'm just waiting for Jean to post.

#38642 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 11:20 AM

I would have expected Kethrye to tell the others to cool it on the search or something...

"Oh, we're doing a search? LOOK AT EVERYTHING!"

...Yeah.

"I am Groot." - Groot

"Even shadows can shine if given the chance." - BZPRPG 2013

Onepu, Kehuri, the recluse, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Priicu, Kimala - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#38643 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 11:24 AM

Okay, so I've been gone from this for... reasons...

So apart from Kini-Nui I haven't really been paying attention. If anyone needs stuff, respond here or PM me.

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

#38644 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 01:31 PM

Reading the search of Ambages' house, there are so many spots where I wish Kehuri could have been there. Q-Q

Bah, Le-Koro's good. Just gotta hope things go well.

Edit: Krayzikk, what's going on with Tarnok?

Edit edit: What's the extent of a Mahiki's power?

Edited by Marius Pontmercy, Feb 06 2013 - 04:11 PM.

"I am Groot." - Groot

Onepu, Kehuri, the recluse, Aar, Phantom, Demos, Priicu, Kimala - BZPRPG Characters

If you interact with one of my characters and weren't already doing so, please PM me to let me know!

#38645 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,118 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 04:52 PM

I believe that the shapeshifting part was deemed overpowered and negated. All it can do is cast illusions.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#38646 Offline Pokemon Trainer N

Pokemon Trainer N
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,548 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 04:57 PM

I believe that the shapeshifting part was deemed overpowered and negated. All it can do is cast illusions.

[color=#4b0082;]Well, I'm pretty sure there's no physical shapeshifting; however, last time I checked, you were still able to shapeshift, but it was only a visual change, with no physical effect.[/color]

- Vorex

Someday, you're going to need help. Someday, you're going to turn to me, because there's no one else left. And when you do, I will say 'no'. I will look you dead in the eyes and I will say no, because you let her die, David. 

marked.png

"There's a new world on the way."

Marked: Chapter 12 Coming Soon

Review Topic

slothy slothy slothpants

bzprpg 2013 y'all

#38647 Online Silvan Haven

Silvan Haven
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,118 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 05:27 PM

That is just putting an illusion over yourself so I don't really think it counts.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

#38648 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 06:19 PM

It only casts visual illusions, right? The size and complexity of the illusion would vary depending on the proficiency of the user, too?

"I am Groot." - Groot

#38649 Online namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,293 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 06:28 PM

If you're casting an illusion on yourself, you can't turn yourself into a Gadunka; it has to be realistically sized. Otherwise it would fall under invisibility. I'm not sure if size matters with physical illusions (unless you're trying to cast an illusion of Ta-Koro or something) but detail SO matters.

Edited by Constructman, Feb 06 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Antidermis: 50% pit mutagen, 50% questionable Ga-Koro water. We now know the secrets of Makuta's servants.

#38650 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,230 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 06:40 PM

The example of the gate guardian works well here. It's there, but it isn't real. The real guardian is invisible, and a different size than the actual guardian.

User proficiency is a key part of the usage of the mask. A weak user wont be able to do much, a strong user can do a variety of tasks, and be able to hold up multiple large constructs for periods of time. It is possible to create an illusion on your character to make them appear larger, but with all illusions, it only seems to be that. Any sort of contact made between the caster of the illusion, the illusion, or any other object would result in anyone nearby who can see the illusion immediately recognize that someone is casting an illusion.

#38651 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 06:46 PM

While we're on this subject, is the Mahiki capable of modifying sounds? One would assume, if it works from modifying an opponent's perspective (rather than just projecting images, which would make it more the Mask of Holograms than the Mask of Illusions), that it would be capable of at least limited sound distortion.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#38652 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members

• 4,230 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 06:49 PM

I would assume it would be able to. The sound does not technically exist, but those who hear it think it exists. It can't be used for elemental attacks that Toa of Sonics are capable of, it's more like how when you're fighting a boss and it copies itself. The sounds the copies makes aren't actual sounds, but they are sound.

I sound confusing ;-;

#38653 Offline Visaru

Visaru
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,482 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 06:53 PM

While we're on this subject, is the Mahiki capable of modifying sounds? One would assume, if it works from modifying an opponent's perspective (rather than just projecting images, which would make it more the Mask of Holograms than the Mask of Illusions), that it would be capable of at least limited sound distortion.

No- Varren is wrong. Nowhere anywhere have I seen it implied that it can imitate sound. It just makes holograms. It is not about modifying the opponents perspective- it's purpose is to disguise or confuse.

Can we please check Biosector or just search the topic before asking questions? :) It would make things a whole lot easier.

Edited by Visaru, Feb 06 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#38654 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Lord of Silence

• 18,748 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 06:59 PM

For the lazy, here's the Mahiki Guide.

Two arguments about the mask is enough. I don't want another.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#38655 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 07:00 PM

We don't always follow BS01 though, which is why I asked. In fact, just a few posts up, someone already stated that it works differently from Matau's in LoMn. And just as well for the sound bit, that's the reason my Mahiki user is a De-Toa! :DOh, thanks Nutrients! I think that should go I the forum rules topic, so we don't have to look for/ ask for it every time.

Edited by Marius Pontmercy, Feb 06 2013 - 07:05 PM.

"I am Groot." - Groot

#38656 Offline Meta-Mind

Meta-Mind
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 471 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 07:18 PM

No- Varren is wrong. Nowhere anywhere have I seen it implied that it can imitate sound. It just makes holograms. It is not about modifying the opponents perspective- it's purpose is to disguise or confuse.

Also: in order to imitate another being's body/voice effectively, a Mahiki user must have already actively observed/heard that being. The mask will pick up and memorize images or voices when the user concertedly decides to do so. Without having seen or heard whatever it is they're trying to imitate, the Mahiki will only be able to project illusions as effective as the imagination of its user - in other words, far from perfectly.

...So apparently it can imitate sounds.Anyhow, moving along a bit: Are the WC out of Le-Wahi yet?

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades. It's good for self-defense if you're attacked by something big.

BZPRPG Profiles

#38657 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 07:19 PM

Nope.

"I am Groot." - Groot

#38658 Online namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,293 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 07:27 PM

They sad that the staff plot would be done by mid-January... Are they waiting for Joske?Also, I didn't finish MNOLGII (so darn boring) and BS01 isn't the most descriptive about the crystals and the Kini-Nui teleportation, so what is this Keeping Place?

Antidermis: 50% pit mutagen, 50% questionable Ga-Koro water. We now know the secrets of Makuta's servants.

#38659 Online Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,655 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 07:33 PM

They sad that the staff plot would be done by mid-January... Are they waiting for Joske?Also, I didn't finish MNOLGII (so darn boring) and BS01 isn't the most descriptive about the crystals and the Kini-Nui teleportation, so what is this Keeping Place?

The Keeping Place is a location that Nuju invented for this game- it wasn't in the canon, but that doesn't matter. The Keeping Place is obviously a place to keep special stuff, like whatever the Maru's failsafe is.

Tywin Lannister

185px-Tywin_Lannister.jpg

Does not approve of your shenanigans

#38660 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 08:49 PM

Kehuri, the social hiccup inducer! I laughed at that post, Jean. :D

"I am Groot." - Groot

#38661 Offline Vezok's Friend

Vezok's Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Visorak Horde Infiltrating

• 10,192 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 08:52 PM

Staff plot is actually waiting for Nuju right now, but hey, if it takes a little while longer, no harm done either.

smaugbanner.jpg

#38662 Offline JL Zehvor

JL Zehvor
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,710 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 10:17 PM

Staff plot is actually waiting for Nuju right now, but hey, if it takes a little while longer, no harm done either.

Joske v Heuani got stopped because of that.

You don't know how much harm was done from postponing that.

4774_zps6685bdf2.jpg

(╯◕_◕)╯fite me in halo ill rekt u

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#38663 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 11:28 PM

[font="'times new roman', times, serif;"][color=#0000ff;]"The entire island is playing a game, architect, not one over mere thrones or kingdoms, but one over the very hearts and minds of those that fight it, and fates much worse then death will come if we lose."[/color][/font]

#38664 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2013 - 11:56 PM

Awesome post, Jav! I was waiting for him to shut Ambages up. Kehuri would like to challenge some of his claims, however. ;)

"I am Groot." - Groot

#38665 Offline EmpressYumiwa

EmpressYumiwa
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 9,379 posts

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 12:05 AM

Not seeing how that supposedly "shut Ambages up" but okay.

#38666 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 12:14 AM

What, shut Ambages up? Noooooo, the interesting debate just started.

#38667 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 12:24 AM

Right. Reading it now.

"I am Groot." - Groot

#38668 Offline Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 12,246 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hey guys,

I'm just apologizing for my past (and very likely, future) absences this week. All the little and large things I could possibly need to grapple with decided to sadistically coordinate and appear at once. I have needed to devote the lion's share of my energies towards prioritizing and defeating those obstacles, as I still do. I'll be back and active as soon as I can. Thank you all for your patience.

Nuju

dordorandgrokkie.jpg

#38669 Offline EmpressYumiwa

EmpressYumiwa
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 9,379 posts

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:41 AM

Life kicks us in the rear sometimes and of course our online personalities come second when it happens. Do what you must, Aaron; we won't mind.

#38670 Online Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,374 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hey guys,

I'm just apologizing for my past (and very likely, future) absences this week. All the little and large things I could possibly need to grapple with decided to sadistically coordinate and appear at once. I have needed to devote the lion's share of my energies towards prioritizing and defeating those obstacles, as I still do. I'll be back and active as soon as I can. Thank you all for your patience.

Nuju

it's okay, bb, we love you <3

I'll text you if things get major out of hand, but otherwise, don't worry about us.

(plus your absence gives me more time to put off posting for reordin <3)

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#38671 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,597 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 10:20 AM

Okay I'm back.

Anyone I need to reply to?

01T3YDF.jpg

#38672 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yay! Welcome back.

"I am Groot." - Groot

#38673 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 01:49 PM

Okay I'm back.

Me. Very much me.

Seriously, Kuhrin has me in a headlock and won't let go until you post as Krell.

not a lot of things match my avatar

#38674 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members

• 4,230 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 02:55 PM

Okay I'm back.

Aelynn. She needs a reply post to Auron.

It's been a long time...

#38675 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:39 PM

New Character Intro/Old Character Dev:

So yeah, that happened.

Because losing your leg below the knee isn't injury enough.

not a lot of things match my avatar

#38676 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 07:18 PM

I just realized something, guys.

Illusions are FUN!

"I am Groot." - Groot

#38677 Offline JL Zehvor

JL Zehvor
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,710 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 10:37 PM

I just realized something, guys.

Illusions are FUN!

Illusions are possibly the greatest things ever; from hiding to blinding, the majestically awesome things illusions can do are countless.

For example, animating Hubert's epic MS Paint pictures.

4774_zps6685bdf2.jpg

(╯◕_◕)╯fite me in halo ill rekt u

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

#38678 Offline delilah

delilah
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 3,918 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 10:44 PM

Illusions are possibly the greatest things ever; from hiding to blinding, the majestically awesome things illusions can do are countless.

Just a note in case anyone's getting some crazy ideas: the Mahiki does not allow you to blind another character. :)

heytherecopy_zps41588106.jpg

#38679 Offline Mj. Spoilers

Mj. Spoilers
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,933 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 10:55 PM

Well, it can obstruct vision.

And yes, it is so. Very. Fun. [color=#ffffff;]White text for the lulz.[/color]

I never thought I'd have a character I'd like better than Kehuri, but I daresay, Demothi may just take that place!

Edited by Marius Pontmercy, Feb 07 2013 - 11:00 PM.

"I am Groot." - Groot

#38680 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

• 3,064 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 07 2013 - 11:09 PM

-Your Regularly-Scheduled Gunner Update-

Thank You

Okay guys, this has got to have been one of my favourite posts to work on, simply because it's allowed me to illustrate how much Gunner has developed into a character in his own right, and just how far he's come since his early (read: insufferable) days. I hope you guys enjoy it!

all-murderers-are-slightly-deranged.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users