Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Reading the search of Ambages' house, there are so many spots where I wish Kehuri could have been there. Q-Q

Bah, Le-Koro's good. Just gotta hope things go well.

Edit: Krayzikk, what's going on with Tarnok?

Edit edit: What's the extent of a Mahiki's power?

Edited by Marius Pontmercy

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I believe that the shapeshifting part was deemed overpowered and negated. All it can do is cast illusions.

Well, I'm pretty sure there's no physical shapeshifting; however, last time I checked, you were still able to shapeshift, but it was only a visual change, with no physical effect.

- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

If you're casting an illusion on yourself, you can't turn yourself into a Gadunka; it has to be realistically sized. Otherwise it would fall under invisibility. I'm not sure if size matters with physical illusions (unless you're trying to cast an illusion of Ta-Koro or something) but detail SO matters.

Edited by Constructman

The example of the gate guardian works well here. It's there, but it isn't real. The real guardian is invisible, and a different size than the actual guardian.

User proficiency is a key part of the usage of the mask. A weak user wont be able to do much, a strong user can do a variety of tasks, and be able to hold up multiple large constructs for periods of time. It is possible to create an illusion on your character to make them appear larger, but with all illusions, it only seems to be that. Any sort of contact made between the caster of the illusion, the illusion, or any other object would result in anyone nearby who can see the illusion immediately recognize that someone is casting an illusion.

While we're on this subject, is the Mahiki capable of modifying sounds? One would assume, if it works from modifying an opponent's perspective (rather than just projecting images, which would make it more the Mask of Holograms than the Mask of Illusions), that it would be capable of at least limited sound distortion.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

I would assume it would be able to. The sound does not technically exist, but those who hear it think it exists. It can't be used for elemental attacks that Toa of Sonics are capable of, it's more like how when you're fighting a boss and it copies itself. The sounds the copies makes aren't actual sounds, but they are sound.

I sound confusing ;-;

While we're on this subject, is the Mahiki capable of modifying sounds? One would assume, if it works from modifying an opponent's perspective (rather than just projecting images, which would make it more the Mask of Holograms than the Mask of Illusions), that it would be capable of at least limited sound distortion.

No- Varren is wrong. Nowhere anywhere have I seen it implied that it can imitate sound. It just makes holograms. It is not about modifying the opponents perspective- it's purpose is to disguise or confuse.

Can we please check Biosector or just search the topic before asking questions? :) It would make things a whole lot easier.

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

We don't always follow BS01 though, which is why I asked. In fact, just a few posts up, someone already stated that it works differently from Matau's in LoMn. And just as well for the sound bit, that's the reason my Mahiki user is a De-Toa! :DOh, thanks Nutrients! I think that should go I the forum rules topic, so we don't have to look for/ ask for it every time.

BZPRPG Profiles

No- Varren is wrong. Nowhere anywhere have I seen it implied that it can imitate sound. It just makes holograms. It is not about modifying the opponents perspective- it's purpose is to disguise or confuse.
Also: in order to imitate another being's body/voice effectively, a Mahiki user must have already actively observed/heard that being. The mask will pick up and memorize images or voices when the user concertedly decides to do so. Without having seen or heard whatever it is they're trying to imitate, the Mahiki will only be able to project illusions as effective as the imagination of its user - in other words, far from perfectly.
...So apparently it can imitate sounds.Anyhow, moving along a bit: Are the WC out of Le-Wahi yet?

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

They sad that the staff plot would be done by mid-January... Are they waiting for Joske?Also, I didn't finish MNOLGII (so darn boring) and BS01 isn't the most descriptive about the crystals and the Kini-Nui teleportation, so what is this Keeping Place?

The Keeping Place is a location that Nuju invented for this game- it wasn't in the canon, but that doesn't matter. The Keeping Place is obviously a place to keep special stuff, like whatever the Maru's failsafe is.

Hey guys,

I'm just apologizing for my past (and very likely, future) absences this week. All the little and large things I could possibly need to grapple with decided to sadistically coordinate and appear at once. I have needed to devote the lion's share of my energies towards prioritizing and defeating those obstacles, as I still do. I'll be back and active as soon as I can. Thank you all for your patience.

Nuju

test2.png

Hey guys,

I'm just apologizing for my past (and very likely, future) absences this week. All the little and large things I could possibly need to grapple with decided to sadistically coordinate and appear at once. I have needed to devote the lion's share of my energies towards prioritizing and defeating those obstacles, as I still do. I'll be back and active as soon as I can. Thank you all for your patience.

Nuju

it's okay, bb, we love you <3

I'll text you if things get major out of hand, but otherwise, don't worry about us.

(plus your absence gives me more time to put off posting for reordin <3)

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Well, it can obstruct vision.

And yes, it is so. Very. Fun. White text for the lulz.

I never thought I'd have a character I'd like better than Kehuri, but I daresay, Demothi may just take that place!

BZPRPG Profiles

-Your Regularly-Scheduled Gunner Update-

Thank You

Okay guys, this has got to have been one of my favourite posts to work on, simply because it's allowed me to illustrate how much Gunner has developed into a character in his own right, and just how far he's come since his early (read: insufferable) days. I hope you guys enjoy it!

[ BZPRPG ]