Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I wonder what will happen after good triumphs. Will we get to have a few weeks to wind down and bring personal plot lines to a close?
No, we will all be instantaneously smitten dead by the Great Beings themselves the second after it is posted that good triumphs. Definitely. *shot* Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

I wonder what will happen after good triumphs. Will we get to have a few weeks to wind down and bring personal plot lines to a close?

No. Really, that's what these past few weeks have been for. The game was supposed to be ending within a few days, based on the original estimate. I doubt that the start of the new season will be delayed any further once it is ready. If you're lucky, maybe a few days.

Also, Tuck, ironically your line of though coincides exactly with why I like darker fiction. Heroes are challenged, and forced to be more determined if they want to stay true to their goals. The faint of heart learn their folly, and only the truly brave can triumph.Not to mention, I like stories where I don't know for sure who is going to win. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

With Makuta gone we get to see how many of the island's troubles are really his fault.

That and all the power grabs by people now that the dominant power is no longer holding everything steady.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I.C. Zenex Zenex looked awkward. He wasn't a fighter he was a planner. But why not have a little fun? "As long as it's a small one. Don't wanna bite off more than we can chew on the first try." They started toward the mount. "I suppose you should know JUST how powerful this Makuta we may one day fight is... Have you ever heard of Heunai? or the Toa Maru?"

I smell metagaming. Nobody should have heard of the Toa Maru except...well, the Maru themselves.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Hey, I've been gone for about a year. How much time has passed since then in game?

....You should know about BZTime by now. :pBut on a more serious answer, it varies. In the main plot, weeks maybe even months have passed and that's the bench mark most people have been going by. I'd assume about half a year, based on when I last saw you about.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Kini-Nui: Welcome to the hurt.

Though, have to say, I am not entirely sold on Joske running out of EE that fast.

You do remember that just a mere twenty-four hours before he DID go all out on both Agni and Angelus? As in he went dry? And in in that twenty-four hour span he not only went deep-sea diving but ran half around the island before finally meeting up with Heunai?

And for three days before that he was in Ko-Wahi? Granted, nothing terribly major happened there, almost a recoop time, but a recoop in the region that is the polar opposite of his element? Not to mention spending a day running around in a snowstorm meeting his arc-foe and trying to save a damsel?

Before he went there? Ah yes, day and a half before THAT he was climbing the highest tree in Le-Wahi, taking leaps of faiths, crashing through boughs and rooftops, only to be at the mercy of further prank/catapult/flying machines and otherwise getting beat up by hard landings.

Let's not forget the previous day was spent in Ta-Wahi, running around Ta-Koro, dodging Guard members, getting slow-cooked in the under-vents of the city, breaking into vaults and the like.

I mean that should be it-oh wait, almost forgot. The previous two days were spent in Ko-Wahi, braving fierce blizzards, avalanches, wild Mauka, jumping off cliffs into storage sheds, fighting off squads of Makuta's best, all while trying to make it home still breathing, practically dead... only to be partially healed on his return.

Yet somehow he did a number on Heuani. I for one - considering how much he has done in such little time - believe he has fantastic stamina... but there is only so much one person can take. I mean all these things have been compounding since day one, none of them fully cleared or healed up from the previous day... not to mention I try to keep to realism. Put all that together yes he would of run out considering just how much he was outputting there. Honestly Toa should run out of EE more often than people say they do :P

I hope that shed some light on the situation :D

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I thought that the quest had taken 2-3 weeks.

Not saying that he would not be worn out or anything. Most people would want a couple of days rest from just one of those adventures.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I've been ill and extremely fatigued, physically and mentally, as of late. I owe many people many posts and will try to work on them tonight, but, as is always the case, I can't be certain how much I can accomplish. I thought I've been on the upswing but today was just as horrendous as the previous week, so... eugh.

More of Anthyn's covert wickedness, Aurelia's overt manipulating, Ambages' innocent cunning and Brykon's uncertain investigation coming soon. I hope.

(No Stannis posts until after the Maru leave the Suva, which won't be until the Joske/Heuani conflict is resolved, or nearly resolved.)

Were any posts erased?

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Well that's good news then. I'm rather eager to get back into the swing of things soon =P

"Wrong."

Why, why, why, does each and every villain make the mistake of not killing their foe on the spot? The genre blindness...

Because otherwise, the hero dies. That's it. Story over. Really fulfilling....not.

Unless...he comes back from the great beyond. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Why, why, why, does each and every villain make the mistake of not killing their foe on the spot? The genre blindness...

Because otherwise, the hero dies. That's it. Story over. Really fulfilling....not.

Unless...he comes back from the great beyond. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

True. But in this case, I'm fairly sure that wouldn't happen.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

True. But in this case, I'm fairly sure that wouldn't happen.

Oh ye of little faith =P

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I have seen Joske do things no mere Toa could do..

Then again, I've never seen him a cripple with a toa Mata leaning over his body destroying any sense of compassion or strength in his mind.

I'm loving this too much right now. I can wait for the ending... The story is THAT good (*claps at both the GM and retired GM*)