Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

If anyone is wondering, I'm the one that shoots Voutok. @Elrond: I really didn't join that long ago, although I can see one difference in my posts: I'm a lot more confident and a little bolder in them, now that I've gotten the hang of things. Now, looking back at my first RPG posts EVER, I can definitely see improvement. I've been Role Playing for just over 2 years, so yeah.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I think Tuck was referring to the fact that the Toa Maru are about to get into a fight with a bunch of giant crabs/ team of shadow Toa/Master of Darkness in Mangai.

It could be referring to the Onu topic though.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Here it's Draezeth, in America it's the conspiracy instigators, in Iran it's the Taliban, and in Japan it's the Ninja Assassins of Sumwarhatt-Doesintmattre.Needless to say, I get around a lot. *shot* ...karz you, Draezeth....and with that, irrelevant statement over.So uh yeah. Go Toa Maru! Woot woot.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

And while your metaphor with the tree is a nice image, I still can't say I can agree with it. Haro (R.I.P.), for example, I put in there simply as a time waster, and a way to express my love of the sea (pity I decided to get ambitious and ended up getting him killed. But I learned from that). I simply can't see him as being part of that tree. Demothi, on the other hand, could play a part in the Kyju story, but I mostly just made him for the sake of having fun with an illusionist. I understand that any character can be a part of the tree, but I don't think that everyone actually is by default.

First off, let me say that I'm glad my words had an effect on you; I hope to see the impact in your writing.

The game is the tree; the tree is the game. The whole game. Haro did have a role in the game, it was just rather insignificant. Maybe he was just a leaf that fell off right away but he was still a part of it. very character that had so much as a post in these topics had a role in the grand scheme that made the game a game.

I created Korero because I was hoping, wishing I could have even a small part in the plot - much as you are now. As it turned out, I got everything I hoped for and more.

Did you get staff permission?

... What? He didn't need it. He made Matoran Korero with a wish that he would be a part of the big plot in some way and wound up getting more than he bargained for. There was no permission required; anyone could have done that, Ghosthands just seized the day.

Please do not read the majority of my comments on this thread (including this one) as some upset kid who wants to take over the RP but can't stand how everyone else gets more attention. I'm just a cheery fellow passing time and attempting some minor humor for ultimately self-amusement while I wait for posts. All in fun of course. =3 (hint hint: if "*shot*", "=P", "=3", or "XD" are in the post, chances are I'm joking around and/or am not fully meaning what I say.)@EW(?), Draezeth, and Tyler: As I have said before but am more than happy to say again: I have no qualms with the posts for Joske or Stannis or anyone themselves. They're good pieces of writing (though, as Draezeth said I am clearly not as attached to the characters as the BZPRPG veteran players are, so for me they lose the "charm" that has understandably captivated many) and I can respect that. I'm not bitter in the slightest about any of this whatsoever. Naturally, anyone would feel a little microscopic when the ultimate battle is occurring and you feel like what you're doing means jack by comparison. Of course, that is just natural feelings that I can almost guarantee most "minors" are thinking in some form or fashion, and it in no way is the reason why I post these kinds of comments.

Since you used your little symbols of jest at least five times in that post I guess that means you didn't mean anything in it and it was all a joke. Okay, whatever.

It's okay that you're not as attached to the characters as, say, myself or Gravity or whoever else, but don't make an issue about it. And if you really want to have more knowledge about the context of the plot and the characters, why not go back and read their posts, if you have the time? You'd be better from it. Also, "veterans" of the game are people who have been here for years and are experienced in the art of storytelling and the mechanics of the game. It's mostly an honorrific designated for players who've been around the block and know the streets very well; there are no "minors" in the game. Plus, unofficial designation of status doesn't reflect the interest level of the players. As an example, I'm a "veteran" but I didn't pay much attention to Joske's plot, or Kyju's, or the Aitua.

As I've said, this is mostly just me amusing myself as I patiently wait for stuff to happen. Well, if they spark a discussion because in my little burst of semi-sarcasm there's some passive meaning that is apparently a good point, win-win for all of us =3 Again, none of what I have said has been intentionally bitter at all. That's the bad thing about text: you can't "read" the attitude in which the text was written XD

You're very right. But between having a written argument and a bunch of silly symbols that supposedly denote silliness it's very hard to tell if what's being said is serious or not. How about you just stop using them and talk straight and we see what happens?

So what do you guys think will happen? The Maru will probably get past the Manas easily. The Shadow Mata may give them some trouble, however, seeing as it's six real toa instead of "Shadow Toa". And will Makuta come out and fight like a man?

Ah, you'll just have to wait and find out!

Well, I learned the hard way against doing such. When I do that, I'll say something sarcastic in a humorous context (for example let's use something from my last post: "So uh yeah. Go Toa Maru. Woot Woot." In context, it's supposed to be in a manner of "Heheh, we just got through talking about the discrepancy in what I said earlier, thinking that I was bitter about not getting as much renown as the Maru, but it turns out I'm not bitter at all, but I do not have the enthusiasm others have for the Maru."But someone, somewhere, at some time, will read that statement as if I used the bitting side of sarcasm and I was saying "Hmph. Yeah. Go Toa Maru. Karzing overrated RP-hogging..." etc etc etc. It happens frequently online for me. No seriously. All. The. Time. People would eventually start thinking I'm some stuck-up kid with an IQ of 3 1/2 who hates everyone...yeeeeeaaaah that's not me at all In real life, I have facial expressions and voice tone to correct that instantaneously. When I type...well, the discussion on the previous page basically sums up what sometimes happens. This is kinda-sorta why I frequently employ "*shot*" and the other "silly emoticons" as you call them to at least show through (albeit cheesy) facial expression.And perhaps I wasn't specific enough: just because I use them doesn't mean I was just lying the whole time. It just means I'm speaking in a more lighthearted tone as opposed to being stoic at the keyboard hating life and typing things in a dead-serious tone. I really need to figure out how to make sure I'm saying exactly what I'm saying when I speak or I get more issues like this >_> (oh whoops a "silly emoticon"...)EDIT: And lastly, I was never trying to "make an issue" about any of this. I thought I made that clear somewhere in my last three or four posts...

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

You don't need to explain. Almost all of us have had that kind of misunderstanding at one time or another, me probably being one of the greatest. Word everything carefully, look everything over twice, and use emoticons.

Back on topic:

Who is at ILS Lake Pala headquarters?

-Elrond

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

Ok, then. I'm using old info, then. The ILS page said that it was still there, and that was the last place my char had been for 7-8 months, so I restarted him there. OOPS!!!

Is Lake Pala within reasonable distance of Kini-Nui?

-Elrond

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

To be more precise, Pala Koro is largely destroyed with a few buildings still standing. And as Tuck has specified, unless you were already near Kini, you won't be getting there in time.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Guys, I've got a question about Infected Masks.I'm thinking of making a character with one, but seeing as the WC plot is in its endgame, I'm wondering if they will still work after the Makuta has been defeated. Would they be "fit" in the 2013 arc?

Are you talking about the next story arc? Do we even know what that will be about yet?

-Elrond

BZRPG profiles

A Fe-Toa could theoretically manipulate mercury, though where they would get it on this island I'm unsure of. And infected masks would cease to work once Makuta is gone. If he survives the endgame, they might still work. Otherwise, you'll be out of luck.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Voutok, your avatar is a picture of Sheogorath. That alone makes me take everything you say as a joke!

Also, brofist for being one of the few people who use "="s in emotes like me.

About what you said earlier, about only making one character, I started off like that, but when I did make more characters, I found it really fun, and ended up with four active ones! Well, two are asleep right now, but whatever.

Edit: Wait, 5. Aar just hasn't done anything in a while.

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

1. I'd say that actually makes it a little more...cheesy? (ba dum-*shot*)2. Brofist indeed. *puts on Monocle* Collins are suuuuuch a cliché. Equal Signs are the way of Wal-Mart!3. Ok, jokes out of the way, I need to say something serious to counter the madness. So *achem* I do think I would be in a similar situation if I did so, but if I DO decide to make another character, I think I'll wait it out until the new year's story is released and has been implemented for a few days or so.

"Wrong."

Yes, because I was wondering if Infected Masks would still work-or more importantly, be relevant-once the Makuta is gone.Also, unrelated, but can Toa of Iron manipulate liquid metal (ie mercury)?

Since an Infected Mask is, by definition, an object that dominates the wearer's mind to Makuta's will, no, I don't believe they will still function.

Also, a theory of mine (based on statements by staff and/or savvy players) is that something...unpleasant is going to happen to people who still wear Infected masks by the end of the plot.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

That staff... that was the object he held up when he spoke. Perhaps... perhaps that staff was the thing controlling Utu and the Rahi? Thoughts aside I got a lucky break as his grip on it slackened from the force of the blow. Taking a gamble I broke away and dove for it.
No, as you can see, Joske went for the staff. He mistakenly though it was the staff that controlled Utu.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

So at this rate do you suppose the "2012" arc will end this week? Just curious.

"Wrong."

Echelon and Utu.

You missed me.

I tend to be missed, though. It's k.

For those slightly irritated by the fact that they weren't picked to be the main characters in this plotline, look at your old posts.

A lot has changed, hasn't it?

You've probably improved beyond what you thought possible at one point. Look at how much more creativity, style in writing, and ingenuity have appeared since the start of this story are. I'll guarantee that you see at least some change for the better.

I was a little irritated too, not being one of the major chars in the staff plotline, but like Tyler said, it's not their fault. It may be a little bit mine for being such a noob, but that's my problem, not his.

I'm happy for any personal growth from this, and I'm glad to be playing this RPG with all you guys. YOU ROCK!!!!! :tounge:

Every time I look at myself, I go like

"I'm no longer stupid. Now to get out of the pseudo-stupidity stage or writing."

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013