Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Vorex, it's been a pleasure roleplaying with you and it's a shame we won't have you around anymore. Now who will we have to invade Le-Koro with an army of birdmen or get slapped by major staff characters? :( It's certainly going to much quieter without a gazillion of your characters running around.

Well, I'll see you around I suppose, and I'm sure you'll be dragged back eventually. Enjoy your break. :)

I can't take Inc man. It's impossible for me to play a guy who's just so ... you. Besides, it'll be really boring playing both Ark and Inc. The dynamic is gone.

Hub, that very nearly made me cry.

It's ... it's not like I wanted to make you emotional or anything ... I'm ... I'm not sad because you're leaving ... you're probably going to come back anyway ... and ... it's not like I already miss you ... but ...

... moron ... don't make me act like this.

/Tsundere Hubert END.

I can't take Inc man. It's impossible for me to play a guy who's just so ... you. Besides, it'll be really boring playing both Ark and Inc. The dynamic is gone.

Hub, that very nearly made me cry.

It's ... it's not like I wanted to make you emotional or anything ... I'm ... I'm not sad because you're leaving ... you're probably going to come back anyway ... and ... it's not like I already miss you ... but ...

... moron ... don't make me act like this.

/Tsundere Hubert END.

Tsundere!Hubert was something I could have gone my whole life without seeing.Anyway, sorry to see you go Vorex. It's been fun.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Nooooooo

Why Pirok Why

Come back sooooooon

We miss you already

That does seem to be the general sentiment. :P

Why? Because GCSEs.

Oh, come on.I have them as well. And GH had, like, IB or something.

Oh well. GCSE exams usually is just in a 2 week period, so I doubt you'll really be gone thaaat long. :/

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

*applauds GH for surviving the IB thus far*

I had to go through it myself, so I feel your pain.

Edit: Okay, I know I haven't been here that long, but my jaw is allowed to hit the floor at Echelon losing his mask, right?

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Thing is, the RPG has a habit of devouring one's free time and then coming back for seconds, and with GCSEs and mock exams coming up in the next few months I really can't afford to lose oh-so-valuable study time.- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Not the best time to start... The main story is ending really soon, and the "2013" plot is about to start...

That doesn't mean it's a bad time for him to start. It just means he won't have time to get involved in this current plot stuff, which really isn't that big of a deal.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'll probably say that I'm gonna revamp the profiles, then end up just doing a 1 paragraph recap of what happened in 2012.

That's a good idea, just to give players an idea what your charrie has been through to get to the point you are at now.

However, you may be tempted to make a nice long history section... which is good, but I highly doubt people are there for the wall of text; they are there to glean basic knowledge of your character as to better interact with him/her. My suggestion would be to use a Bionicle wiki page - most of you guys use or have one, so I would write out their history there and then simply link it. That way you save on space AND those who are actually interested in the charrie past can read the book without chewing up this site's space :)

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

So about the news.

So much has been happening in the last couple months that I decided to hold off until the new season. However, that was before I knew that the BZPRPG 2013 would start so late. :P I'd still like to get some sort of chronicle of how BZPRPG 2012 ended, and I have a few stories already (Death of Emotia, assassination of Turagas, bright light from Kini Nui, investigation of Ambages). If people have more, then feel free to send them to me. I will post them here, and compile them into post in the index topic.

I saw someone ask about the Cultured Gentry: currently, they're trying to increase their influence over the villages by sponsoring them. I have an NPC in Le-Koro, and Ko-Koro will be set as soon as I get Matoro out of Ambages' house. Onu-Koro is not on the list because Kyju and the Gentry are allies, though Onu-Koro will probably get something to better assist Kyju.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

Gotcha. I haven't really gotten into the main story so far, all I've done is roam in the Motara Desert, sorta set up Ninjyu's character.

Karz. That's what I did with Voutok *mumble grumble*Oh well, I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about any further freakish parallels, as I'm pretty sure your character likely didn't wake up in an empty hut with nothing but the knowledge of his name and a cryptic letter that made so little sense that you tore it up and are plagued with mind-screwing dreams at night and spontaneous visions in the day that you still don't understand...Right?...*goes to check ninjamonkey's profile just to be safe*EDIT: ...Karz. He uses discs as weapons, made a decent first post, and started heading to Onu-Wahi shortly after beginning his journey. You're stalking me, aren't you?...kidding, of course. Welcome to the BZPRPG! Now I'm not the newest person in the RP who uses the News and Discussion Topic, so that's a plus for me, right? =P Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

I'll probably say that I'm gonna revamp the profiles, then end up just doing a 1 paragraph recap of what happened in 2012.

That's a good idea, just to give players an idea what your charrie has been through to get to the point you are at now.

However, you may be tempted to make a nice long history section... which is good, but I highly doubt people are there for the wall of text; they are there to glean basic knowledge of your character as to better interact with him/her. My suggestion would be to use a Bionicle wiki page - most of you guys use or have one, so I would write out their history there and then simply link it. That way you save on space AND those who are actually interested in the charrie past can read the book without chewing up this site's space :)

Did my laziness get me praised?Yes! I knew I shouldn't give up on not doing work!

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'd still like to get some sort of chronicle of how BZPRPG 2012 ended, and I have a few stories already (Death of Emotia, assassination of Turagas, bright light from Kini Nui, investigation of Ambages).

Much more importantly, this.

Awhile ago, I know, but it was much more... penultimate than any of those things.

-Dovydas

Edited by Eduard Bernstein

http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_Plot_-_2012_Year

It's a little bit outdated, but that covers most of it. The things is doesn't cover were Korero's joining of the Company, Oreius' latching with his Parakuka, and the ultimate transformation into Toa.

Or the absolutely boss masks they got as rewards.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Just out of curiosity, how many Po-Koro Guards are inside the city/close enough to reach an emergency in a relatively short time?

On a side note, I've just gotten Skype, and was wondering if there was a chat group for the BZPRPG, or anything of the sort.

pNNgXax.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how many Po-Koro Guards are inside the city/close enough to reach an emergency in a relatively short time?

On a side note, I've just gotten Skype, and was wondering if there was a chat group for the BZPRPG, or anything of the sort.

Add me on skype: my username is dovydas.kuliesas. I'll add you to said group.

-Dovydas

I hate to be the critic, but I think I would have preferred it if the Maru hadn't gotten special masks. It's cool that they're special and all, I mean, they're already the most powerful Toa on the Island, but I find the masks were a bit too much. I could get some hate for this, but I can't help but feel like it's unfair that they get rule-breaking masks simply because they're staff characters. I'm... I'm not the only one, am I?

Edited by Draezeth

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I hate to be the critic, but I think I would have preferred it if the Maru hadn't gotten special masks. It's cool that they're special and all, I mean, they're already the most powerful Toa on the Island, but I find the masks were a bit too much. I could get some hate for this, but I can't help but feel like it's unfair that they get rule-breaking masks simply because they're staff characters.I'm... I'm not the only one, am I?

You probably are.

Mainly because these are contest masks, just like the powers and weapons we've gotten are also from a contest - it says explicitly in the profiles topic that items and powers gained from means such as the ones we've seen this year are totally fair game. Plus, the staff designed each mask with its user in mind, and each was created, improved upon, and approved months in advance, all while the players themselves were kept totally in the dark.

And another thing: Reordin is no staff character. He is mine; he will always be mine. I hate to sound like a broken record, but to assume otherwise is not only a slight against the staff and the other people involved, but to me personally.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Unfair? Keep in mind these Toa are not fighting against other players- they need this power to take on Makuta.

Also, they are not staff characters. The staff of this game are Friar Tuck, Nuju Metru, and Emzee. The owners of the characters are just normal players, like you or me, that are very good at this game. Their matoran being chosen to become Toa is their reward for good writing. Also, and most importantly, they have proven themselves to be responsible enough to handle these masks- that's why they got them. None of those players are going to go around misusing them to beat up those without special powers.

If you work really hard, maybe when the next contest comes around, you'll get one too.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

I hate to be the critic, but I think I would have preferred it if the Maru hadn't gotten special masks. It's cool that they're special and all, I mean, they're already the most powerful Toa on the Island, but I find the masks were a bit too much. I could get some hate for this, but I can't help but feel like it's unfair that they get rule-breaking masks simply because they're staff characters.I'm... I'm not the only one, am I?

First off, let's make something clear. They're not staff characters in any way, shape, or form. They're PCs, and that hasn't changed no matter how many staff plots they've been involved in.

Second, do you know why they got those masks? Because they earned them. Way, way back they entered a contest without knowing what the prize might be. They didn't even know if they'd win. I've talked personally with several of them, and many of them were very surprised when they won. And even then they weren't out of the woods. Two characters were dropped from the plot for differing reasons, even after they won. And two others were lucky enough to get in.They worked hard to get these masks, and they didn't even know they were getting them when all of this started. And it's not like they were given to just anyone, either. They were given to people that wouldn't misuse the tremendous power given.I can't wait to see them in action, because I've watched the people who earned them work hard on it for months. Not to mention, they're some pretty frickin' sweet powers. :D

fK5oqYf.jpg

Oh my.

So, uh, who feels like making a merry band of people to carouse around the island getting drunk for all of next year, for no reason other than the fact that it would be fun?

And, like, we'd be too busy having fun with all of our crazy characters carousing around and getting drunk beyond belief to be mad at, and argue with, each other?

I think that would be awesome.

If this doesn't work, nothing will.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Oh my.

So, uh, who feels like making a merry band of people to carouse around the island getting drunk for all of next year, for no reason other than the fact that it would be fun?

And, like, we'd be too busy having fun with all of our crazy characters carousing around and getting drunk beyond belief to be mad at, and argue with, each other?

I think that would be awesome.

If this doesn't work, nothing will.

Ugh, you're back.

-Tyler loves you, homeboyyyyy!

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME