Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

This is why I hate nostalgia visits. I don't recognize ANYONE anymore which means I've gotten really old.

How's the old ship holding out? Still pretty active? Who's in charge? Is Friar Tuck still around?

I doubt I'll start RPing again but every time I come to the site I'm astounded that there are still people that care about writing about a discontinued plastic toy line running around an imaginary tropical island.

Not that that's a bad thing. My writing got considerably better as a result of this silly little site. For those still around, carry the legacy. We'll all be better off for it.

It's a-meeee! EmperorWhenua! I sure carry your legacy, or hope I do. I miss you here! I wish you returned for good.

Rene was just talking about you coming back yesterday.

I call witchcraft.

-Tyler

Bahahahaha. I -do- play as a prophet, sooooo... :3

That always happens.

"Oh, I wonder what Randombob would think about this if he saw this."

Randombob: "Hi guys! Watcha doing?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Seraphim is not a Randombob and never will be. Seraphim was one of the greats from The Time Before Time and, whether he knew it or not, an indirect mentor of mine. He is like an Elder God who stirs under the depths of the Ocean Black and rises only once every eon to feast on those not worthy of his presence. If anyone here is royalty, it's not anyone but Seraphim, the true angel of death.

Ten years ago is now the Time Before Time, the nameless aether between grade school and the eventual ascension to Collegehood.

Things I've learned since:

1. Actual fantasy > anime as far as stealing character ideas

2. Personality dictates powers

3. Writing all-powerful gods are not that fun, but writing people who think they are gods is

4. Most of roleplaying is dialogue so brush up on your exposition to flesh out those two-line posts.

5. You can never do enough eyebrow-cocking.

6. Failure is infinitely more satisfying to write than success

7. Split personalities. Not even once.

I've started writing what I hope to be my first published novel. Exciting times.

It's good to see some people that I recognize...or rather, it's good to see EW aka Arya Stark. Looking back, I recognize some of Eryu's past incarnations.

Is Nuju Metru still around doing stuff? I remember when he first joined during the post-Metru-Nui reboot...I remember designing Tabula Rasa(or whatever we called it) and the sky city that followed it.

Has it really been ten years? Oh maaaan.

EDIT: Also, 3000 posts. Finally. hahaha.

Edited by Vismund Seraphim

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Yeah, Nuju actually became the big boss. First he got a promotion after eating the final boss and winning the game that can't be won, then real life started to eat Tuck's time, so Nuju got a promotion to Head GM.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, I knew that Nuju was a GM(head GM in fact) but I do recall that position tending to create a strange affliction, an affliction of disappearing. If you catch my drift.

"...is semantics."
"Dies, died, will die."

BZPRPG Profiles

He has stayed with the RPG for almost his entire tenure. I think there was one time that he had to leave for a couple of weeks, but even then he came back when he said he would.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Nuju (Along with EW, Tyler, Eyru, and others) are currently trying to wrap up this year's plot in Kini.

(You should rejoin for a bit, Saraphim. You seem like you know what you're doing)

If I thought I had time, I would. I really would. Right now, though, BZPower is acting as a beautiful catalyst of procrastination.

"...is semantics."
"Dies, died, will die."

BZPRPG Profiles

So, I've been thinking about it and while I certainly don't have time to commit to full-on RP, I think it might be a good idea to spread the wealth, so to speak, and share my experience in other ways.

I'll be taking on a small number of "students" or "proteges" so to speak. Two or three might be a good number.

What exactly will we do? Who knows? You'll write and I'll talk at you about it.

Up to the task? Send me a PM(or whatever people use these days) with a list of three of your best posts you've made. DON'T write new material specifically to impress me. I want to see what you're writing about now without me looking over your shoulder.

Let's see what happens.

"...is semantics."
"Dies, died, will die."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC ZahkonHe trip had finally taken him to Kini Nui, the heart or the island, after having visited all the possible places, looking for his friend, he still couldn't find him. And even Kini Nui couldn't provide any further clues. He decided to sit down and rest.

I guess epic battles between good and evil can be pretty boring.

EDIT: Oh, and Seraphim, I might take you up on that. I joined after you left, I believe, but I imagine your advice could be valuable indeed.

Edited by Ra's al Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Up to the task? Send me a PM(or whatever people use these days) with a list of three of your best posts you've made. DON'T write new material specifically to impress me. I want to see what you're writing about now without me looking over your shoulder.

Let's see what happens.

Oh, great.

So it's an issue of how not-lazy you are first, how good your posts are second.

Ahhhh.....great. Maybe if I somehow get glitched back the exact number of posts to my best 3 (I probably only have a best one), I'd have a chance at this.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Guys, do I need to like, post somewhere?

Well, if you wanna' play with the space-time continuum, please feel free to have Reik in the guard HQ in Ga-Koro. :P

Ten years ago is now the Time Before Time, the nameless aether between grade school and the eventual ascension to Collegehood.

Things I've learned since:

1. Actual fantasy > anime as far as stealing character ideas

2. Personality dictates powers

3. Writing all-powerful gods are not that fun, but writing people who think they are gods is

4. Most of roleplaying is dialogue so brush up on your exposition to flesh out those two-line posts.

5. You can never do enough eyebrow-cocking.

6. Failure is infinitely more satisfying to write than success

7. Split personalities. Not even once.

I've started writing what I hope to be my first published novel. Exciting times.

It's good to see some people that I recognize...or rather, it's good to see EW aka Arya Stark. Looking back, I recognize some of Eryu's past incarnations.

Is Nuju Metru still around doing stuff? I remember when he first joined during the post-Metru-Nui reboot...I remember designing Tabula Rasa(or whatever we called it) and the sky city that followed it.

Has it really been ten years? Oh maaaan.

EDIT: Also, 3000 posts. Finally. hahaha.

Welcome back, even if as a browser of the forum. I sent you a PM regarding the "Protoge" offer, yet my account destroyed the message, or glitched, or something. I'm writing another now (there went ten minutes of limited access to internet).

I always love seeing when veterans who've moved on come back and have a fit of nostalgia. It makes me feel part of a continuing tradition.

--Kughz

EDIT: My messenger is down. Anyone else having that problem (not entirely off-topic for this forum).

Edited by Riaril

I'm pretty sure that Po-Toa can control lava that is already there. Onu-Toa can't do anything do to a lack of things like dirt in it, and Ta-Toa can probably effect it but not move it.

I remember it being sort of a combo material, needing a Toa of stone and fire to use it properly.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

EDIT: My messenger is down. Anyone else having that problem (not entirely off-topic for this forum).

It'll give you an error message when you try to send it, but the message will still be sent.

[something on-topic to try and redeem myself]

Strange, it doesn't send when I try. D=

If it does, then I just accidentally spammed an inbox...

o-o

Hmmmm, where does it say that?

It also seems like one of those things that people diverge from Bionicle canon on. Trying to wrap your head around how dirt can turn into molten rock can be a bit difficult.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1