Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Yeeeeeeah.... About that....

I am still working on getting it back up and running. I don't know if you were here for the last announcement, Visaru, the the hosting duties have been transferred to myself and Tyler. I've taken over the tech side of things, and I'm working on getting it going. With any luck, I should have it back up and running soon. No guarantees, but hopefully, I'll succeed. And even if it takes longer than expected, it will be back before summer starts.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I am still working on getting it back up and running. I don't know if you were here for the last announcement, Visaru, the the hosting duties have been transferred to myself and Tyler. I've taken over the tech side of things, and I'm working on getting it going. With any luck, I should have it back up and running soon. No guarantees, but hopefully, I'll succeed. And even if it takes longer than expected, it will be back before summer starts.

So in other words, someday maybe! : D

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Deja entenduuuuu

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I think Seraphim's veterancy has gotten him rather flooded with people wanting to interact with him. Pity that most of them currently want to smash him into the ground.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I think Seraphim's veterancy has gotten him rather flooded with people wanting to interact with him. Pity that most of them currently want to smash him into the ground.

*pity he committed a major crime of violence

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

What I don't get is how nobody followed Tuara's lead on being cool and not trying to beat up a guy who from first glance appears both blind and delusional.Blind and delusional.I feel like the more likely response would be to find out what exactly was happening. And in this world throwing somebody through a bar wall is pretty much as minor a crime as one can get.I literally have no idea how to respond to two different people attacking the same person at the same time. Tuara can't get in between anybody cause teleportation and being behind him, she can't yell for people to stop because somebody is in the middle of striking him, and also attacking him wouldn't make sense and also be sort of a prick move at this point.I can't do anything now. Should I wait unrealistically for everybody to finish? Probably seems like the only plausible choice for me at this point.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Well, it doesn't really matter that he's blind and delusional; in addition to throwing somebody through a wall, he's also got assault of a guard member, vandalism, theft, resisting arrest, and disturbing the peace on his charges. And in real life, police detain crazies first, then try to find out their story. Kyron's approach is right.

Well, it doesn't really matter that he's blind and delusional; in addition to throwing somebody through a wall, he's also got assault of a guard member, vandalism, theft, resisting arrest, and disturbing the peace on his charges.And in real life, police detain crazies first, then try to find out their story. Kyron's approach is right.

You're half right.

In real life, the police would detain the unstable person, yes. But they would not all gang up on s ingle individual, nor would they attack in the force I noticed being displayed. Their goal would be to detain, not to defeat, which is the issue in Ta.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Well.

-Sulov Development Advertisement-

Terminus

Later, buddy.

Well, this might very well be my favorite post of this year. I found it almost Robert Cormier-esque in its style, but accompanied by profound use of emotions and inner thoughts, and a level of characterization that is above and beyond any authors I can think of.

Also, provoking of emotional responses of an envious nature. :P

pNNgXax.jpg

i was going to have Loren hang back and watch, maybe join the conversation after a bit. And, yes, the other guy probably should have waited a bit longer before trying to arrest Klavier, but sending a Guard member flying across the street requires a stronger response than, "Oh dear. I wonder if he's going to have a dent in his armor from that."

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'm trying not to be frustrated with Baltarc, because I feel that people should at least give Seraphim time to respond before jumping into the fight. It's forced both me and Snipe into a rather awkward position- be unrealistic, or be realistic and complicate things even further? As far as how Kyron reacted, he had seen a guard member attacked. That's pretty serious. On top of that, he had been flung across the room. Honestly, what was he supposed to do? Ask him if he would stop, pretty please with sugar on top? Look, I understand the desire to join in the interaction. It's what drew me in. But please, be considerate of other players and wait your turn. Police business isn't really something you want to jump into IC, in addition to being kind of irritating.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Hmmmm, mental count put the number of characters at ... 7 other then Seraphim's character. Two Guardsmen, one former Guardwoman, the duo that just entered Ta-koro and the two people who were just sitting at the bar.

Things normally start getting confusing at 3-4 on 1. At the very least it might be best if nobody else jumped in.

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'm trying not to be frustrated with Baltarc, because I feel that people should at least give Seraphim time to respond before jumping into the fight. It's forced both me and Snipe into a rather awkward position- be unrealistic, or be realistic and complicate things even further?As far as how Kyron reacted, he had seen a guard member attacked. That's pretty serious. On top of that, he had been flung across the room. Honestly, what was he supposed to do? Ask him if he would stop, pretty please with sugar on top?Look, I understand the desire to join in the interaction. It's what drew me in. But please, be considerate of other players and wait your turn. Police business isn't really something you want to jump into IC, in addition to being kind of irritating.

First, this might be a bit more suited to an OOC of your post, where the people involved are sure to see it. Because not everyone checks GD on a regular basis.

Second, you misinterpret what I said. Obviously force would be used. But a police unit would not use such overwhelming force on a clearly sick and confused being. And let's consider this; the guard member was thrown. That's a far from fatal action. That's a bit like pulling a gun on someone for punching you in the face. Overreactive.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Kyron is a Toa of sound- they aren't necessarily known for their strength in combat. On too of that, Klavier is stated to be rather physically imposing. Kyron wouldn't get anywhere with his fists. A police officer would very likely pull a gun on a large, insane man who had assaulted him. That actually makes sense.Pulling a gun, in addition, is very different from firing a gun. The first shot was delivered on accident if I recall, and not even by me. After being assaulted, I believe a few shots is only realistic.Even if he did overreact, I don't see how it has any real affect on the situation at hand. If you would like to continue discussion, I would love to hear what you have to say over IM, as I do respect your opinion as an RPer.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

I was going with "calm down" until he tossed and injured another person. After that things tend to start going sideways. Besides, I think Seraphim was aiming for an outcome in this vague direction when he tossed a guy through a wall. Everything else he has done looks like him pushing people's buttons to see what happens.

On a related note, I thought everybody was already outside. Didn't he follow the bouncer out the hole in the wall after people started showing up?

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Call it aggressive negotiating, but it works. Besides, not every character agrees with a pacifistic viewpoint. I think a lot of you are missing that, yes, we are dealing with overreactions from characters, not actual people. If we could keep the two seperate, that'd be just delicious.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Oh, I totally get that different characters react differently.My beef was that all of a sudden two people made an attack on one person at the same time without waiting for the attacked to react to one of them which always results in unrealistic interaction 100% of the time.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

No, we're inside. A lot of people are outside. But Klavier along with a few other people are currently inside the building.

EDIT: Honestly, I really don't care that people are attacking me. I can handle several people attacking me at the same time without resorting to cheap tactics. If being macho, aggressive, and generally hot-headed is how your character acts, go for it. Just think about whether or not your character is acting IN CHARACTER before you make actions. Sure, the members and ex-members of the Guard have plenty reason to be there but was everyone in Ta-Koro really at or near that bar? And if they were, are they all really the type of people that would want to check out a violent tussle and interfere when the police are already there?

Rather than turning to violence, think about using this situation to further your character's development and set up interesting possibilities for interactions with other players. It's a violent world here in the BZPRPG...don't act all surprised when someone gets tossed through a wall. ;)

Edited by Vismund Seraphim

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

So... If you have a character in the middle of nowhere in ko wahi, you could have them run across aurel... And have some tea... In a shrine dedicated to makuta...Hubert kinda gave it to me...

Interesting. Tell me more.

So, about the Ta-Wahi thing.....

Whats going on because I have a character there who I want to post as.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The Ta thing had several too many characters two or three characters ago. Not trying to be rude, but it is already confusing enough.

On another note, suddenly I'm glad that I did not respond to Klavier's dramatic rant. Three people responding to it at the same time was enough.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

A few of you may remember this post. So, starting today, I'll begin posting as Toa Huron and start his saga for real after having his profile languish in my page since the turn of the year.

Things will be exciting!

Duhnuhnunhuhnuhnuhnuhnuh....HURON!

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar