Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

You know, Huron kinda reminds me of that Matoran vigilante I wanted to make for 2013...

I probably would've been more interested in Mata Nui's batman, except that day was also Nov 6, so.....

But I thought Joske was gonna be Mata Nui's Batman. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

All these comparisons to Batman fall rather flat for me -- in fact, the dark knight played almost no role whatsoever in the creation of the character.

No, Huron won't be saving the island and ridding it of crime but he will be opposing evil. He's no Batman.

All these comparisons to Batman fall rather flat for me -- in fact, the dark knight played almost no role whatsoever in the creation of the character.

No, Huron won't be saving the island and ridding it of crime but he will be opposing evil. He's no Batman.

So you are saying...he's not the hero Mata Nui deserves, but the one it needs right now? =3

In any case, a new, well-written good guy is always awesome!

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

So you are saying...he's not the hero Mata Nui deserves, but the one it needs right now? =3

Dangit Veef, I was going to make that joke. :C

All these comparisons to Batman fall rather flat for me -- in fact, the dark knight played almost no role whatsoever in the creation of the character. No, Huron won't be saving the island and ridding it of crime but he will be opposing evil. He's no Batman.

Yes, I'm well-aware that Huron's not at all similar to Batman. I only joked about Joske being Batman because he's lost all of his powers, yet apparently still has a destiny to fulfill.Related: did anyone else notice that Joske asked his mask for the power to "defeat Heuani and fulfill [his] destiny," yet apparently hasn't fulfilled it yet? This seems to suggest to me that his being powerless will play a part in his role in next year's plot...

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Smells Like Teen Spirit

And so concludes the first arc of our - or, at least, my - favorite prettyboy psychopath. It's been...quite a ride. I had a lot of experiences writing Dorian that I never would have had otherwise, interacted with a lot of great people and plotlines that I would have never otherwise been able to touch, and I learned a couple things about myself and my writing ability in the meantime.

I hope you all like where he's going next, and again, I love you all.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Dorian, murdering barmaids to get himself out of a funk and then ranting in court over how unfair and broken "justice" is since ... whenever it was that he started.

Sorry, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for the guy.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

yeah...someone PM'd me about that, saying how it's not actually allowed and stuff even though it's involuntary. I honestly didn't know - I have read through the character creation, common sense and other posts about this place but I never saw anything regarding it. So...yeaaaah...Gonna double-check it with mods, then adjust as necessary.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

yeah...someone PM'd me about that, saying how it's not actually allowed and stuff even though it's involuntary. I honestly didn't know - I have read through the character creation, common sense and other posts about this place but I never saw anything regarding it. So...yeaaaah...Gonna double-check it with mods, then adjust as necessary.

Hey, don't worry, the vast majority of new players make mistakes - and most of them are much worse than yours. And you write well, so don't worry about it ;)

It basically comes down to the fact that in this game, nothing from the Matoran Universe is confirmed to exist, with a few notable exceptions (Skakdi and Vortixx, for example). We don't even know if the MU itself exists. Hence, while masks like the Olmak MIGHT exist, only the staff have the say on whether or not they do. And in any event, the Olmak is an incredibly powerful mask and as such is strictly in the bounds of staff-only use.

That help? :)

Edited by Ra's al Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

That does help a lot. I've been trawling through this thread via the search function since making that post. Oh well. Time to go make some modifications. Thankfully there's only 3 posts I need to change. I think I might have been confused by the 'a moderator must approve your post before it is shown' thing. Plus I wasn't actually carrying one with me, it was merely meant to be how I got here by accident. Still, I'll edit that out. IDK, make Litozen just be some...hm...now I'm having trouble thinking of an alternate backstory.

Actually, I'm a little surprised only 2 people said anything about that. Would've thought someone else in Ko-Wahi would have mentioned it OOC. *shrugs* well, now he's just a wanderer. Feels a bit less...cool...but still, it's something I guess. Besides, at least I have my sonics powers. Now I think about it, that's pretty much all I have since from what I've read the Mahiki is nerfed to the nth degree. I can't really tell what it can be used for besides making someone see an illusionary cup of tea on a table.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

That does help a lot. I've been trawling through this thread via the search function since making that post. Oh well. Time to go make some modifications. Thankfully there's only 3 posts I need to change. I think I might have been confused by the 'a moderator must approve your post before it is shown' thing. Plus I wasn't actually carrying one with me, it was merely meant to be how I got here by accident. Still, I'll edit that out. IDK, make Litozen just be some...hm...now I'm having trouble thinking of an alternate backstory.

Actually, I'm a little surprised only 2 people said anything about that. Would've thought someone else in Ko-Wahi would have mentioned it OOC. *shrugs* well, now he's just a wanderer. Feels a bit less...cool...but still, it's something I guess. Besides, at least I have my sonics powers. Now I think about it, that's pretty much all I have since from what I've read the Mahiki is nerfed to the nth degree. I can't really tell what it can be used for besides making someone see an illusionary cup of tea on a table.

Timezones. This game is a surprisingly international one, and if you know the 12 hour rule (You know, the one which people kinda ignore), it was input just to help out with Timezone issues.

I would've said something about this but I didn't have access to internet while flying.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Fair point. Well, I'm confused beyond probabilty with this issue now. Who knew RPs could cause headaches? Anyway, I PMed Friar (since the other links in the OP of this thread are all dead) and I'll revert everything if I get approval. If not, I'll carry on with the new 'norm' version.

Loads of vets coming out of the woodwork all at once seems to be a yearly occurrence. I guess I'll jump on - I've really missed this community and I'd love to be a part of it again. I'll try not to disappear this time. :P

Would anyone like to point me to somewhere to begin?

P.s. Hi guys. :)

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

Loads of vets coming out of the woodwork all at once seems to be a yearly occurrence. I guess I'll jump on - I've really missed this community and I'd love to be a part of it again. I'll try not to disappear this time. :P

ohai, mate

remember me?

-Dovydas

ohai, mate

remember me?

-Dovydas

Dovy! How could I forget? :)

Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

ohai, mate

remember me?

-Dovydas

yeaaaaaaaah someone remembers me

... Gee, you still have a Bionicle Online advert in your sig. So much nostalgia. So much.

-Dovydas

ohai, mate

remember me?

-Dovydas

yeaaaaaaaah someone remembers me

... Gee, you still have a Bionicle Online advert in your sig. So much nostalgia. So much.

-Dovydas

It's been there for four, five years? I could never bring myself to change it. Along with ads for the (dead) BZPRPG, the (dead) Wiki, my (dead) blog and the (presumably dead) Cyan Gaming page. :P

I'm getting a bit emotional here. I think I just realised what a hole the lack of BZP left. Here's hoping I'm back to stay. :)

qs7001.jpg

Hey. You don't know me. But eventually you hopefully will.

You should read Kini-Nui.

The main game plot is ending there.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Hey. You don't know me. But eventually you hopefully will.

You should read Kini-Nui.

The main game plot is ending there.

Ending? Really? Like an arc is ending, the RPG is ending, or something else?

qs7001.jpg

This year/arc is. We're not moving like we did in the past; Nuju and myself have come up with a "rolling" arc that every year to two years we start a new story but at the same general location, though a few topics might be added or dropped with a different theme every time. This way we still can get the new-story feel ever year or so without the headache of jumping dimensions or universes to a different locale like in the past.

So yeah, we're really close to the end of this story. Once Makuta is defeated by our band of player-heroes we'll re-set the topics, spruce up their descriptions, and then start the new story where relatively left off.

Edit: Two weeks? Depends on how active Nuju and the Toa Maru can be

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Woohoo! We're actually gonna start the bzprpg 2013 before half the year is over! It's a miracle! : D

All hail the mole king!

Full character reset?

No, we'll have the same characters.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

But dimension jumping was easily the best part of the whole thiiiiing.

I think how that process got started was hilarious. "Hmmm, we don't know anything about Metru-Nui yet. Better make up a new island until we actually know stuff about it. DIMENSIONAL WARP HOLE."

Edited by Vismund Seraphim

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Two weeks...that's what was said when I asked the same question...about two months ago. Oh well, can't rush quality so we'll just see what happens.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

A few days ago I was like, "Hey Aaron! Let's finish this plot by the 1st!" and he was like, "Nooooo I gotta go and won't be back until Tuesday."

And I was like, "Nooooo!"

Sorry people, I want this to move on even more than you (if it's even quantifiable) and I'm just as helpless. And I'm supposed to be the leader of the Maru, too! Feh.

*Brief Off-Topic Tangent* Every time I read "Toa Maru" I keep thinking of the Toa Mahri.*Back On Topic* So with everyone catching the busy, the "2012" arc might potentially end around Mid- or the end of April. Sounds like about long enough for me to get to a good "stopping point" for my character before the 2013 arc "begins", on the chance that it brings a time-skip or whatever.

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Whenever someone says Toa Maru I think of 6 Haro-headed Toa.

I'm loving how the 2012 game started in 2011 and will end in (Hopefully) 2013.

I'm having problems with scrolling on the Kini-Nui thread. I'm positive that it's the longest single thread page on BZP ever.

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

And then, of course, a "random" De-Matoran is going to inquire him about joining the Marines after being directed to him by another marine.

"Wrong."

Related question: did Nuju's funeral go on in Ko, or has it not happened yet?