Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Hm, alright. That would explain how I missed it, I guess.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

NOTICE: If all players part of the Renouncers plot please PM

me

That would be great.

(If you don't PM me we're never gonna get the group moving fast enough to reach some place epic. If you DO PM me quickly, THEN the hard part begins.)

[Also,Varren MasterChiefOnAMoa, you don't have to PM me]

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

'renouncers'? I have no clue what that is but it sounds cool. *sits back and watches*

Also, am I the only one who's been having trouble reading through the tome that is the current events of Kini Nui? my eyes just blur from the sheer amount of text.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I think I've just not read a book in so long that my brain explodes if I don't skim through it to get the basic gist.

Yeeeeeeeeeah.If you feel that way now, I should warn you, that feeling never goes away.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I read that and then I snickered, because I realized it was the same guy who led the ILF into Ambages' house.

-Tyler

That didn't fill the entire topic up for months, though. It was spread out due to long stretches were none one was posting .

By the way, Ben, we could use a Kethrye post so we could finish up the Mutiny now.

Yeah, seeing as the people I was waiting don't seem like they're going to post at all.

Edited by Javert

You were waiting on people? Pah! You just don't learn, do you? :P

Also, one day I hope to be able to draw all my IC actions out so that it takes two weeks to go nowhere and then I will blame it on the other person in GD.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

It's the end of an arc...if the posts weren't the size of a small novel, I'd feel like something was going terribly, terribly wrong.

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

I think I've just not read a book in so long that my brain explodes if I don't skim through it to get the basic gist.

Yeeeeeeeeeah.If you feel that way now, I should warn you, that feeling never goes away.

Duly noted. I shall be preparing my brain with some Mata-Nui style failsafes for the future 'plots'. In the meantime all I can do is wait and see what's happening in what seems to have been the worst possible wahi to begin playing in...at the worst possible time.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

I'm also pretty sure the amount of interaction, character development, teamwork, post quality and importance done in the last eight pages of Kini-Nui outweigh all the past activities in Ta-Wahi's 444 pages.

The jam-packed nature of those posts is a good thing, not something to make a snide remark about.

You were waiting on people? Pah! You just don't learn, do you? :P

Also, one day I hope to be able to draw all my IC actions out so that it takes two weeks to go nowhere and then I will blame it on the other person in GD.

Ohooooooo. I see what you did there. :P

I'm also pretty sure the amount of interaction, character development, teamwork, post quality and importance done in the last eight pages of Kini-Nui outweigh all the past activities in Ta-Wahi's 444 pages.

The jam-packed nature of those posts is a good thing, not something to make a snide remark about.

Also, so much this. I have seen more interesting occurrences in Kini in the past few weeks than I have seen in years of modern television.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

^^That still says more about modern television than anything else. :P

But yeah, I'm not saying what's happening in Kini isn't interesting, I'm saying the things that would happen if it were finished are more interesting.

EDIT: And I learned a while back you can say a character's been watching someone for weeks without any of it happening in game.

Edited by Javert

I learned today that if you don't specifically post that someone is still with a group yourself then they're not there until another person needs the support of people who haven't posted as still having been there just because screw following your own ideas.

Ohi Ben.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Today I learned that you people really like to beat around the bush on an issue.

Ben, one does not simply bunny other people's characters into saying that they support one PC over another. Not only is it rude, it is actually against the rules as it is a form of bunnying. If those people intended to post, they would have. Not to mention, it's kind of foolish to say that a characters has to have had a post to be present for certain, because, y'anno, Kethrye's entire support is in the form of characters that haven't been posted as since Ambage's house. Kind of shooting yourself in the foot.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Today I learned that you people really like to beat around the bush on an issue.

Ben, one does not simply bunny other people's characters into saying that they support one PC over another. Not only is it rude, it is actually against the rules as it is a form of bunnying. If those people intended to post, they would have. Not to mention, it's kind of foolish to say that a characters has to have had a post to be present for certain, because, y'anno, Kethrye's entire support is in the form of characters that haven't been posted as since Ambage's house. Kind of shooting yourself in the foot.

Today I learned that Krayzikk likes to take what I say and lengthen it out. : D

<3 you bro

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I'm having problems with scrolling on the Kini-Nui thread. I'm positive that it's the longest single thread page on BZP ever.

Somebody's never RPed with Sera or Mout when they're on a roll. ;)

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

I think the amount of people who know who Mout is are even fewer then the number who know about Seraphim.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

That was fast.

The funeral is over except for Ketan announcing who the new leader of the koro is going to be right?

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

That was fast.

The funeral is over except for Ketan announcing who the new leader of the koro is going to be right?

Yes, basically. I'm actually waiting on Mango (who plays Wrath), as he hasn't been able to get consistent computer access this week. The funeral/ inauguration should be over next week, if all goes well.

Just wanted to let you guys know I'm back, and that I will with luck post something tonight. Also, since I know this arc is taking a little bit longer than expected and some of you are feeling tired/disillusioned/antsy/whatever, I've decided to reveal another preview for the next one! I've been holding out on this particular image for a long time... and it may be something of a spoiler for what is to come, which is why it's in tags. Enjoy.

preview_5.png

test2.png

Wait so...[am I allowed to use spoiler tags for thoughts on something that was put in spoiler tags?] The Toa Mata become good again for 2013? Or does it mean that the whole "[specific Toa Maru here] is a representation of [specific Toa Mata here]" theorizations are going to become literal and the Toa Maru literally embody to Toa Mata?...I admit, the latter of those two thoughts is very "meh", for lack of a better word. Actually, both of them are kinda lacking in some regard. Then again, I never really cared too much for RPs using canon characters, let alone with hundreds of fan-made characters and about as many stories who are as important if not more than the canon characters. It tends to either make the canon characters less than what they are meant to be in canon, or make the fictional characters Godly in significance by comparison to the canon characters and thus inferiorly obsolete. Both lead to one or the other becoming dead weights (usually the canon characters, even if they are played to the T of their canon personalities).Of course, that's not to say what you guys did with the Turaga is bad. Never would have seen it coming (and it would have been kinda eye-widening to read) if the discussion topic wasn't cluttered with variations of "the Turaga are going to be assassinated!" every page or so when I first joined. It's just my thoughts....hm...the last time I ended a post with that last sentence, it sparked a debate and a tongue-lashing. Let's see what happens this time! =P

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location