Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

This guy knows what he's doing

The bridge to Ta-Koro is made of stone, correct?

All Po-Toa in Ta-Koro should get with that program (please tell me I'm not the only one)

This is why all military leadership in Ta-Koro should be assumed by a military council composed of Grochi, Perkahn, and whatever until further notice.

Ta-Koro is honestly the most defensible.

-Dovydas

This guy knows what he's doing

The bridge to Ta-Koro is made of stone, correct?

All Po-Toa in Ta-Koro should get with that program (please tell me I'm not the only one)

This is why all military leadership in Ta-Koro should be assumed by a military council composed of Grochi, Perkahn, and whatever until further notice.

Ta-Koro is honestly the most defensible.

-Dovydas

Well, JL was recently promoted into some high-rank status.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Alright folks, here's the situation:

I've got:

1. An Onu-Toa in Onu (sounds like a poem)

2. A Ve-Toa, a Po-Toa and a Po-Matoran in Ta

3. A Fe-Toa in Po who is too far away from the conflict. He's fighting another of Makuta's minions.

Anyone who has a risky, suicidal plan to make a dent in the Rahkshi forces attacking Onu or Ta, however, I'm willing to lend a hand, as long as I can expect explosions.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

My Vo-Toa in Ta just got the Guard moving. Perkhan and Grochi could notice him up on the walls shouting at people.

Since, you know, he is actually an officer of the Guard and probably as high as you are going to get until an NPC shows up.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

And I've got...a De-Matoran. In Ga-Koro......But hey, Greed's dead/dying and we got ourselves a battleship off the coast, so that's something, right?

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

I just sent some Matoran running around recruiting people who would want to help defend the koro. Anyone who wants to join in can run into one of them.

@Voutok: Hopefully the armor plating on that battleship will work the way it was supposed to.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I get the distinct feeling that we are going to have this massive explosion of activity as people try and get defenses ready. Immediately after which there is going to be a long pause where people wait for the staff to respond. A response which will probably coincide with the next Maru post.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I get the distinct feeling that we are going to have this massive explosion of activity as people try and get defenses ready. Immediately after which there is going to be a long pause where people wait for the staff to respond. A response which will probably coincide with the next Maru post.

In Ta-Koro's case, possibly a literal explosion, since an old character of mine has returned to help...;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

which is something that'll annoy me since I'll no doubt be asleep when the big fight begins.

Amen. Plus, emphasis on "long pause where people wait for the staff to respond".

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Really? I was thinking Onu-Koro will probably end up being caved in by the end of it. Ta-Koro is most definitely the safest unless Nuju Metru decides to have someone hit the kill switch. I'm also thinking Po-Koro should come out relatively unscathed, considering there's not too much to be destroyed. I wish I could say Le Koro but frankly the Toa element combinations seem to be leading to the whole of Le-Wahi burning down.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Metru? I think typing out Nuju Metru got you all confused. :P

Thanks for pointing that out. Gah. Accursed username!

And thanks for pointing out the structure of Onu-Koro. I think I've been a tad confused on that issue. But even in the case of the tunnels, there's no reason a Guurahk couldn't widen the tunnels and give them more access, assuming the Rahkshi make the first move.

I'd imagine all the koros would come out intact if everyone left the rahkshi alone.

Like anyone would resist the chance to attack them.

Who doesn't turn away from a free Death Wish!?

To cave in Onu-Koro, they would need to break in first. The tunnels are excellent strategic bottlenecks.-Dovydas

I don't know abou that. Onu-Koro is underground, and the tunnels may have passed through there. Unless, nearby there. Or they could attack from the top, if they are strong enough. I don't know. I'm probably thinking too broadly.

Onu-Koro is, at first glance, the village worst off.

But when you actually think about it, it's one of the best off. First of all, it is a naturally defensible location. The village literally specializes in materials for construction. They have two Onu-Toa handy, which means ready-to-use fortifications. Their architecture creates natural bottlenecks, as well. If you've ever read about the Battle of Thermopylae, you'd have an idea of how those work. With the invading force having to pass through, they can only get a few through.

Naturally this is somewhat hampered by the presence of Density Control Rahkshi, but the point still stands. And even discounting all of this, you're forgetting one thing.

The Ussalry. For whom every PC member is a certified bad- Well, you know how I was going to end that. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Indeed...although the presence of Rahkshi is being used to my disadvantage for development reasons, so while he is determined to help the village, I can't guarantee he'll be able to carry through with it based on his apparent descent into the Madness.

But in any case, you must love being on home turf in this kind of battle. In a sense it makes us the strongest in the area, although a home advantage means nothing unless our power is used appropriately.All I know is Thentyle's last-resort move if a Rahkshi gets to the mine is to cave in the entrance to the tunnels. The Matoran will be trapped but safe for the time being. I just hope it doesn't get to that point.

Edited by Makuta Almanax

Then I'd think either Le-Koro or Ga are the worst.Look at their foundations. Le-Koro, on trees. Maybe the Gukko force and the Toa there could help, but a push of a tree and it falls over. Or at least part if it.Ga-Koro, lily pads floating on water. And practically everyone there is fighting. Violently. Maybe they could team up, but it's up to the people that play them. That's just my opinion, so don't listen toe if you don't want to. :P