Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

The hyperactive fiend Gravity

i'm not hyperactive really not that much I mean come on totally not hyperactive seriouslies. Anyway, I think I posted as everyone relevant to current Rahkshi events, did I miss anyone/need to reply?

Well, there's always that De-Toa who was leading the Niazesk

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Wait... when Makuta is defeated, the Rahkshi will go wild, correct?

...What if that's his plan? If the Maru defeat him now, the Rahkshi could overrun the entire island without orders of any sort.

Exactly, that's what we're saying this whole page, mate. :P

-Dovydas

In my defense, I just popped online for the first time after thinking about it the whole day. Though it is funny that you guys were just discussing it.

Also, how in the world did JL join the Avengers

and where do I sign up

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

And a sheriff can have a dozen deputies while the commander of a military/lawkeeping organization only has one or two.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Can my amnesiac Toa who's still learning how to use his powers and just joined the RPG join the Avengers? :P

Edit: Oh, dear. I just remembered Rahkshi can form Kaita.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Can my amnesiac Toa who's still learning how to use his powers and just joined the RPG join the Avengers? :P

I'm with this guy, let amnesiac Toa numbers 102937382038 and 102937382039 join the Avengers too

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

@Gravity: The Fowadi just moved to Ga-koro and is now getting shouted at to save the Matoran. I figure that is more of a Dehkaz post then a Kale post, he just pointed out that the village was in really bad shape.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

And a sheriff can have a dozen deputies while the commander of a military/lawkeeping organization only has one or two.

The point is that the only promotion to Deputy that took place ingame was done by Jaller, controlled by Tuck. It's a pretty big position; staff should be contacted before getting it handed out.

Plus, a simple Lieutenant doesn't have the right to give that kind of promotion.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

@Gravity: The Fowadi just moved to Ga-koro and is now getting shouted at to save the Matoran. I figure that is more of a Dehkaz post then a Kale post, he just pointed out that the village was in really bad shape.

Well someone needs to save them, so I decided to shout at you. And also, not sure if anyone saw my edit, but we could be dealing with Rahkshi Kaita. Yikes.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Wait... when Makuta is defeated, the Rahkshi will go wild, correct?

...What if that's his plan? If the Maru defeat him now, the Rahkshi could overrun the entire island without orders of any sort.

Exactly, that's what we're saying this whole page, mate. :P

-Dovydas

In my defense, I just popped online for the first time after thinking about it the whole day. Though it is funny that you guys were just discussing it.

Also, how in the world did JL join the Avengers

and where do I sign up

I'm just getting myself pumped, that's all.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Edit: Oh, dear. I just remembered Rahkshi can form Kaita.

(Psst)

(Don't give Nuju any ideas)

(I don't wanna lose all of my characters)

Don't destroy the bridge mechanism. Man the controls so that you can drop the Rahkshi into the Lave that try to go across that way, and shoot the others from the air with ballistae and disk launchers.

Has -nobody- read my posts there?

Destroy the controls on the Rahkshi's side of the bridge, not the Ta-Koro side.

Once again, there's no reason the Matoran need to be evacuated, not right now anyway. Odds are they'd be safer in a defensible location like the village, even if they were in danger.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

Kinda gotta give my two cents here.

There was a post wherein the same character that gave out the promotion (And really, a lieutenant can't give promotions anyway, let alone to someone not even in the guard. And said character is wanted for arrest by the guard.) was clamoring for it, because Tuara had stepped down. And was essentially trying to get Jaller to give it to him.

Which indicates that not only did the player know it was a high rank, it also indicates he knows he can't give it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Once again, there's no reason the Matoran need to be evacuated, not right now anyway. Odds are they'd be safer in a defensible location like the village, even if they were in danger.

I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna just roll over dead and let Makuta take over. We need to evac the Matoran so we can defy Makuta without risking them. Also I've come up with a theory as to why this happened and a plan B(neither is to be taken seriously)

Plan B: Move to Voya Nui

Theory: Makuta kidnapped Vakama the fortune cookie, faked his death, and killed the other Turaga to make it less suspicous. And then Vakama the fortune cookie told Makuta about the Maru, so Makuta made an army.

Kinda gotta give my two cents here.

There was a post wherein the same character that gave out the promotion (And really, a lieutenant can't give promotions anyway, let alone to someone not even in the guard. And said character is wanted for arrest by the guard.) was clamoring for it, because Tuara had stepped down. And was essentially trying to get Jaller to give it to him.

Which indicates that not only did the player know it was a high rank, it also indicates he knows he can't give it.

Addendum: Ignore me. I accidentally combined two similar characters in my head.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna just roll over dead and let Makuta take over. We need to evac the Matoran so we can defy Makuta without risking them. Also I've come up with a theory as to why this happened and a plan B(neither is to be taken seriously)

Theory: Makuta kidnapped Vakama the fortune cookie, faked his death, and killed the other Turaga to make it less suspicous. And then Vakama the fortune cookie told Makuta about the Maru, so Makuta made an army.

Both things sounded silly.

Both things sounded silly.

"neither is to be taken seriously" But the first part of the post is completely serious.

Vakama was killed by a PC, on orders that had nothing to with Makuta. So, even if you weren't serious, it isn't possible anyway. :P

The cake PC is a lie. They were an illusion created by Makuta. Duh. :P

But back on topic does anyone know the staff's rationale behind this? Is it just "let's make them use teamwork" or what? Also, could these Rahkshi even tell who likes Makuta and who doesn't?

Vakama was killed by a PC, on orders that had nothing to with Makuta. So, even if you weren't serious, it isn't possible anyway. :P

The cake PC is a lie. They were an illusion created by Makuta. Duh. :P

But back on topic does anyone know the staff's rationale behind this? Is it just "let's make them use teamwork" or what? Also, could these Rahkshi even tell who likes Makuta and who doesn't?

Oh the rationale? How about "Hey Toa Maru, you try to pull a fast one on me, Makuta, i'll kill everybody on the island that you meant to protect". In storytelling terms: this is the climax, so the stakes have to be as high as they can possibly be.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

The rationale behind it is Makuta isn't gonna just leave the villages alone, he's tired of his 'subjects' refusing to submit to his rule/worship him. So now he's gonna take out anyone who still resists him, pretty much leave all six villages in ruins as an example of his wrath and power, and then rule over whoever survives. Also, probably to leave the Maru nothing to come back to in case they actually managed to defeat and/or kill him.

Or something like that.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

We haven't hit that level yet, Veef.

We don't have cities falling out of the sky, interdimensional warfare, the Big Bad turning out to have been a computer program, or universe-punching occurring. If that occurs, we will have hit the highest possible stakes. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

We don't have cities falling out of the sky, interdimensional warfare, the Big Bad turning out to have been a computer program, or universe-punching occurring. If that occurs, we will have hit the highest possible stakes. :P

The guy who took out the Big Bad computer program is the GM. I think he can take the stakes a bit higher than that. :P

hi my name is Ilyusha Blokfase and I just want to say that you guys (aside from Krayzikk and Tuck) are more like the Avenger's backup force/cannonfodder

kthxbai

I wouldn't say cannon fodder...

...Well, actually, I would, but that's not the point.

More like "D-tier superheroes who were featured in a one-shot comic and then forgotten until they appeared in an Avengers story for all of two seconds."

Edited by Meta-Mind

hi my name is Ilyusha Blokfase and I just want to say that you guys (aside from Krayzikk and Tuck) are more like the Avenger's backup force/cannonfodder

kthxbai

I wouldn't say cannon fodder...

...Well, actually, I would, but that's not the point.

More like "D-tier superheroes who were featured in a one-shot comic and then forgotten until they appeared in an Avengers story for all of two seconds."

Exactly, oh and by the way I'm trying to save you in Ga-Koro if you didn't notice.

Note: all of these things have happened(except universe-punching I think).

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

The unvirse punching happened at the end of the first "world". Joske uber-punched the universe and caused it to reset to the world that had the evil Joske dropping space rocks on people's heads. Then the downtime happened and we got a second reboot.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

The unvirse punching happened at the end of the first "world". Joske uber-punched the universe and caused it to reset to the world that had the evil Joske dropping space rocks on people's heads. Then the downtime happened and we got a second reboot.

I'm glad to see I've been such a terrible influence.

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

kthxbai

Anyone want to tell me how the heck I got off the cannonfodder list? Because I have no clue.

I'm glad to see I've been such a terrible influence.

Yeah, Joske literally punched the universe so hard that it had to reset itself to before Joske was a Toa. It was kinda fun to watch.

fK5oqYf.jpg

OK, so, seeing how I'm basically gonna wipe my character page clean, I'm making new ones.

A Lesterin Bartender

A Matoran Private Eye, with a pet Kavinika

A Toa adventurer

A Skakdi slacker.

Expect them to show up once the new season starts.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

It's a little funny and a little frightening how quick you all are to propose making sudden moves. That's the worst thing you could do right now. Remember that the damage the Rahkshi have done thus far - and, I can assure you, all the damage they plan to do as of yet, unless/until they are provoked - is zero, aside from intimidation. They aren't moving, so why should you? A basic strategy lesson: think before you act. In this particular case, after all, acting just may get everyone killed.

Things like lowering the Ta-Koro bridge and herding citizens into safe places are good ideas; reasonable, nonviolent measures like that will be accepted nonchalantly by the Rahkshi on your doorsteps. Their orders, if you must know, aren't to stop you from shoring up your defenses. Taking it upon yourselves to engage in dramatic military action however, or, much more drastically, deciding your PCs are the new commandants of the Koros' highly-practiced military forces - guards that have strengthened over about two years of OOC time's worth of combat, and have several PC players in them who would protest such a rapid change in leadership - isn't so smart.

Players, enforce order in your Koros. It's for everyone's benefit.

test2.png

"Citizen, I name you Deputy of the Ta-Koro Guard," he told him. "I ask you to please get the other civilians into shelter, and order them to barricade their doors."

OOC: That's JL.

So I suppose this sort of random high ranking promotion of random citizens without staff approval is the norm now?

-Tyler

The thing is....

Deputy of the Guard means second to everyone, right? I mean, he didn't say WHICH guard.

Can, someone, like, demote him? Or do I just ignore?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

"Citizen, I name you Deputy of the Ta-Koro Guard," he told him. "I ask you to please get the other civilians into shelter, and order them to barricade their doors." OOC: That's JL.

So I suppose this sort of random high ranking promotion of random citizens without staff approval is the norm now? -Tyler

He probably meant that he was deputizing JL's character, rather than making him the deputy. Big difference there, but it's a pretty easy mistake to make.

Edited by Meta-Mind