Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Guys, uh....I think we ALL know the ILF-sided people are the ones holding up the fight; They simply need to run away. After all, their place just got double-bombed, which could have been one of the reasons Katuko decided to leave.
Please don't assume things. I quit for personal reasons, I have every belief that the ILF could and can come out on top of the fight. If you are referring to the walls blowing up, the debris was flung across the Makuta forces as well; you can't really ignore such a thing. There were also just as many warriors inside Pala-Koro as there would have been outside.Now, I'm supposedly not involved in this game anymore, so I'll just watch from the sidelines. But yeah, don't assume I left (every character I had, not just Madrihk, mind) because the village got sacked. There was already discussion IC about moving the team elsewhere long before I even knew of the attack; and with the village down all it would do is give us a reason to stop sitting on our hands in the jungle.My engagement and care for what is even happening has been diminishing, simple as that. That's why I'll hand the reins over to someone else, and we'll see if whomever takes control of the ILF next can't give all the Followers of Makuta a good spanking. ;)To my understanding, though (haven't Le-Wahi), the place has devolved further into a storm of [redacted], as expected.

After adopting two new treasures, I need to know something about the ladies from the public: Where are Mita and Mevi, what are they doing currently, and with whom? Your help is greatly appreciated. Please PM the information to my staff inbox. Thank you,Riaril

Dear Kaithas, I feel appalled that you would think a toa of water in her Autumn would be jumping up and down to adopt two new children. I stood in line patiently like the rest of the throng, then got bored and decided to take a smoke. while the death fumes were slowly furling into the air of ta-koro, I had this epiphany: why not right a letter? Sensing an edge, I simply pulled out my handy chisel, grabbed the nearest tablet from a traveling sales clerk, and proceeded to engrave my thoughts and feelings. It seems the adoption center runs more smoothly and with greater love when there is a smaller line, and a larger inbox.Sincerely,RiarilEDIT:OKAY, for Pala-koro. Let's get some stuff in order, treasures. Dunno about you but I can't make sense of this mahi dung! WHY? This is why: players are not writing where they are, bolding who they are attacking, or waiting their turn (shockingly, this is a turn-based game) Can we please get some description the surrounding. If I have to be one of the only people writing about dirt, sweat, smells, and lack of visibility due to debris and the night, so help me Mata-Nui I will.

Edited by Riaril

OKAY, for Pala-koro. Let's get some stuff in order, treasures. Dunno about you but I can't make sense of this mahi dung! WHY? This is why: players are not writing where they are, bolding who they are attacking, or waiting their turn (shockingly, this is a turn-based game) Can we please get some description the surrounding. If I have to be one of the only people writing about dirt, sweat, smells, and lack of visibility due to debris and the night, so help me Mata-Nui I will.
I'm... less than certain as to how Bionicle sweating would work, and I'm fairly sure that Bionicle don't have a sense of smell. Beyond that, I've been operating under the assumption that it's dark - why else would a Volitak be so effective even without cover? If you'd like more clarification and details, then I'll certainly include them, but even with my fairly short posts, people were complaining about length.And if you can't be bothered to trawl through around two paragraphs' worth of content (at the longest) per post just to find the information you want, then I'm... well, I'm surprised. To say the least.About the turn thing: this is about writing more than "turns." If I'm waiting on someone to post their piece of prose, then I will, but I'll tend to write about my characters dodging if they're under attack, regardless of whose "turn" it is.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

OKAY, for Pala-koro. Let's get some stuff in order, treasures. Dunno about you but I can't make sense of this mahi dung! WHY? This is why: players are not writing where they are, bolding who they are attacking, or waiting their turn (shockingly, this is a turn-based game) Can we please get some description the surrounding. If I have to be one of the only people writing about dirt, sweat, smells, and lack of visibility due to debris and the night, so help me Mata-Nui I will.
I'm... less than certain as to how Bionicle sweating would work, and I'm fairly sure that Bionicle don't have a sense of smell. Beyond that, I've been operating under the assumption that it's dark - why else would a Volitak be so effective even without cover? If you'd like more clarification and details, then I'll certainly include them, but even with my fairly short posts, people were complaining about length.And if you can't be bothered to trawl through around two paragraphs' worth of content (at the longest) per post just to find the information you want, then I'm... well, I'm surprised. To say the least.About the turn thing: this is about writing more than "turns." If I'm waiting on someone to post their piece of prose, then I will, but I'll tend to write about my characters dodging if they're under attack, regardless of whose "turn" it is.
I would note that you've had Vitae jumping off buildings, despite the fact that the fight with Echelon, Kalen etc is taking place well outside Pala-Koro's walls :P(Or what's left of them...)Also, we play this game with our characters being slightly more human than canon would suggest. Yes, they sweat. Yes, they smell things. And yes, Kughii/Riaril is right - we need more surroundings description. I'll factor it into my next Echelon post.By the way, people have been complaining about length probably because you're making so many actions in one post. One attack with lots of description is fine by any sensible RPer. A post with several attacks, giving your opponent no chance to react and each one assuming the last succeeded, is generally not. Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I would note that you've had Vitae jumping off buildings, despite the fact that the fight with Echelon, Kalen etc is taking place well outside Pala-Koro's walls :P
...I personally had assumed that the two were some distance away, making interference (a la Kalen) easier - though I had assumed it was further into the village. We can... uh... say it was a guard post. Or something. :P
Also, we play this game with our characters being slightly more human than canon would suggest. Yes, they sweat. Yes, they smell things. And yes, Kughii/Riaril is right - we need more surroundings description. I'll factor it into my next Echelon post.
We do need more description of the surrounding environment (dang those nonexistant walls :P), I'll agree there. I... uh... have no idea about the biological tidbits, but I'll just take no notice of those and hope no contradictions are made obvious.
By the way, people have been complaining about length probably because you're making so many actions in one post. One attack with lots of description is fine by any sensible RPer. A post with several attacks, giving your opponent no chance to react and each one assuming the last succeeded, is generally not.
To quote directly from my sig:
A quick note on my RPing - unless I say otherwise, please assume that you can combo-break my posts.
I'm plenty used to being combo-broken. I'm not going to make short, two-line posts for attacks that don't need description - nor do I want it to seem as if some attacks weren't planned beforehand.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Look Meta, I appreciate the will to have a minimum word count in each post. In fact, I applaud such a notion as many times Kughii does the same thing. He spends hours pacing the living room with a pencil between his teeth thinking up new ways to describe the texture of steel cutting through a limb, or the sound of an icicle being resonated and pitch bent by a toa of sound. However, I do have a little advice to give. Most people, if they are going to be blocking or disregarding one of these lovely posts at the get-go would rather not see the paragraph at all. In fact, the only reason to continue writing beyond the point the other player would respond is simply hubris. Don't just look at my world from the perspective of a single chair. Think of the other players, and us toa will get along just fine. Also, I'll have less thunder and lightning from you Great Beings clashing over minute rules ruining my vacations from plot lines. As for Kughii, I'll keep him duct taped and out of commission for a little longer.Seriously all, less thunder and lightning.--Riaril

Edited by Riaril

As for Kughii, I'll keep him duct taped and out of commission for a little longer.
... I want Kughii bax. :cAnyway, I might not be able to post as much tomarrow, just a heads up to those I'm interacting with. Also, if the pirate vs Po-Koro Guard battle starts, I'd appreciate it if someone (Hubert, Krayzikk, you know who you are) RP'ed as Dehkaz. thx bai ;)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I wish to direct your attention to this post:
Please take all personal disputes and conversations to PM...
If you have a personal message for someone, send them a personal message. Don't post it here; the GD topic is only for conversation that involves more than two people (and a PM will probably be seen more quickly, too).

IC: JLJL closed his eyes. He'd always had an idea, an affinity, a talent, for being...creative and clever. Never, though, has he used this in a battle situation. Today would be the first time. Closing his eyes, he focused. He had always knew that there were electrons in just about every particle in the world. Usually. And that happened in air, too.Part of the reason air repelled each other was because the particles were negatively charged from electrons. Something he could manipulate.
IT BEGINS....Anyways, now that someone's opened up the messy can of worms that is ionic breezes, I figure I'd better say it: we either need some definition for Electricity, or we need to set some rules for those types of emulations.

Um, yeah.On the whole, there seem to be a lot of misconceptions lately about element usage. This is at best middle ages level technology. Echelon has a higher understanding of his element due to years of study, but no one else should have said knowledge. And they certilainly shouldn't know about particle charges, unless I missed a memo.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Um, yeah.On the whole, there seem to be a lot of misconceptions lately about element usage. This is at best middle ages level technology. Echelon has a higher understanding of his element due to years of study, but no one else should have said knowledge. And they certilainly shouldn't know about particle charges, unless I missed a memo.
I was gonna say something, but Krayzikk beat me to it. What's up people? We're dealing with MNOLG-level society and tech. :

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

It isn't a "Know" thing, it's more of a 'feel' thing.
I don't think Toa have that level of elemental control. Besides, if Toa could really control their element on the subatomic level, think about what a Toa of Gravity or Magnetism would be able to do.
Since when was this about control? Or sub-atomic particles, for that matter. I'll make an example.Echelon can create charged magnetic fields. Why? All Toa of Magnetism can. It isn't because "He trained for years", because that's something everyone can do, nor is it because "He simply has better control", as that is character tiers. It's just an ability Toa of Magnetism have.I've talked to Nuju about this before; Echelon, or any Toa of Magnetism, for that matter can do this stuff as a 'I can feel it' way of doing it. Like a kid moving around. How does he do it? He has no idea. But he can!On to the current dilemma at hand, when people delve into sciency stuff, in no way are they even saying their character is a scientist who knows this stuff; It's just a thing about describing attacks. GH talks about Negatively charged magnetic fields to deflect electricity, but does Echelon know about electrons, ions and all that stuff that a Physics master would?...I don't think so.Also, a paradox I've come across. Toa of Ice. They absorb ice. Does that leave heat?? Or does that leave more ice which they can absorb?In which case, they could technically never run out of power, right? Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: JLJL closed his eyes. He'd always had an idea, an affinity, a talent, for being...creative and clever. Never, though, has he used this in a battle situation. Today would be the first time. Closing his eyes, he focused. He had always knew that there were electrons in just about every particle in the world. Usually. And that happened in air, too.Part of the reason air repelled each other was because the particles were negatively charged from electrons. Something he could manipulate.
Yeah, this probably threw me off. Because I'm sure you didn't just say that JL knew that there were electrons in ever particle in the world, my mistake.And on the thing about Toa of Ice, unlike in our universe, in the Bionicle universe there are two addition forms of energy: "cold" energy and "shadow" energy. Cold energy is the exact opposite of heat (But when "heat" energy and "cold" energy come in contact, they probably don't cancel each other out). When you take heat away it gets colder, right? The same thing applies in Bionicle, when you take "cold" energ away, it gets hotter.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I like to think that absorbing cold energy simply leaves a cold environment at neutral temperature, and an already neutral environment at a much more "ready" state to be heated. n both cases the air would immediately feel hotter in a way, but it would not be enough to ignite anything.I'm not sure how much I think a Toa of Fire should be able to absorb, but I do tend to head-canon that no, they can't really go sub-zero. Darn you, Vakama.