Interesting Facts Topic

JAG18

Doctor Octopus was dying (no, he didn't die during the Spider-Man 2 time; that's just for the movies) a few years ago.

Doctor Octopus somehow made Peter Parker and himself switched minds in around 2012, placing Peter in his dying body. This lasted till about 2013, and during this period, Octavius pretty much ruined poor Peter's life. Then Octavius, realizing that the right thing to do was to give Peter his body back, allowed what was left of Peter to regain control, unfortunately killing himself in the process.

Sorry if I got the dates or story wrong; that's how I remember it.

And yes, that is my post for interesting facts. Just thought I should put it out there for all you Spider-Man fans.

Edited by MetaToa

Yay! Fonts!!

Captain America of the comic world (Earth 616) was killed in the aftermath of the Marvel event, Civil War, by Sharon Carter (yes, she is Captain America's love interest, and no, she was not conscious of what was happening when she did it).

She was later proven to be brainwashed by the Red Skull.

In 2010, Cap was brought back to life. Yay!

Edited by MetaToa

Yay! Fonts!!

Napoleon actually wasn't nearly as short as most people think. He was about 5'6". 

The myth of his unusual shortness popped up because France and England used different measurements at the time, and the English forgot to convert the units. Even after the mistake was discovered, the meme had spread, and the English just rolled with it for propaganda purposes.

bug_animated.gif

Toa Lhikivikk's sig is annoying.

For a real fact, in the Lord of the Rings, when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are chasing the orcs that kidnapped Merry and Pippin, when they come across the burning orc bodies and Aragorn kicks the helmet, then falls to his knees, screaming in grief? Yeah... not grief. Pain. He broke his toes doing that, and the guys working on the movie rolled with it because it was the best take.

• Upvote 2

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

Captain America's first appearance was 1941, and this comic is not from Marvel Comics itself - it is from its predescessor, Timely Comics. He appeared officially inside of Marvel in an Avengers comic.

Slightly related, the original comic assembly of Avengers consists of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Ant Man, and the Wasp. No Captain America here.

Yay! Fonts!!

Iron Man once had a nose added to his mask based on an offhand comment by Stan Lee. Fans hated this so much, it was lampshaded in-comic, by an Iron Man fan convention being filled with people wearing models of the old mask and bearing signs dissing the nose. As was to be expected with that much hate, the nose was short-lived.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

For a real fact, in the Lord of the Rings, when Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli are chasing the orcs that kidnapped Merry and Pippin, when they come across the burning orc bodies and Aragorn kicks the helmet, then falls to his knees, screaming in grief? Yeah... not grief. Pain. He broke his toes doing that, and the guys working on the movie rolled with it because it was the best take.

Also, later in the movie when Aragorn is fighting Lurtz (the big Uruk-hai), the actor playing Lurtz was supposed to pull his punches and headbutts and stuff so as not to hurt Viggo Mortensen.  However, all the prosthetics and makeup messed with his depth perception to he ended up actually punching Viggo multiple times.

This culminated in the scene where, after being stabbed in the leg, Lurtz pulls the dagger out and throws it at Aragorn.  The plan was for him to miss, but instead he accidentally threw it right at him.  Viggo managed to deflect it with his sword anyway.

The lesson here is that Viggo Mortensen wasn't acting, he just really is Aragorn.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Also, later in the movie when Aragorn is fighting Lurtz (the big Uruk-hai), the actor playing Lurtz was supposed to pull his punches and headbutts and stuff so as not to hurt Viggo Mortensen.  However, all the prosthetics and makeup messed with his depth perception to he ended up actually punching Viggo multiple times.

This culminated in the scene where, after being stabbed in the leg, Lurtz pulls the dagger out and throws it at Aragorn.  The plan was for him to miss, but instead he accidentally threw it right at him.  Viggo managed to deflect it with his sword anyway.

The lesson here is that Viggo Mortensen wasn't acting, he just really is Aragorn.

I know, I just forgot to add that stuff in there too. Viggo's one of the few people who can wear those "I do my own stunts" shirts.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Viggo is... Woah.

If you turn your underwear inside out and wear it, everyone in the world and the entire universe in existence is wearing your underwear.

Except you.

This sentence is a tool for duplicating itself from my mind to yours.

The oldest person alive was born to a world with a completely different set of humans.

Apparatus is the scientific name of thingy.

You're not stuck in traffic,

you are the traffic.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

During the filming of the Avengers, Robert Downey Jr. stashed food throughout all the sets and would just randomly pull some out and start eating it. The director, I believe, tried to stop him, but Downey kept finding new hiding spots, so the director eventually just let him do it. The blueberries he offers Captain America in the lab? Part of his stash.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Doctor Octopus somehow made Peter Parker and himself switched minds in around 2012, placing Peter in his dying body. This lasted till about 2013, and during this period, Octavius pretty much ruined poor Peter's life. Then Octavius, realizing that the right thing to do was to give Peter his body back, allowed what was left of Peter to regain control, unfortunately killing himself in the process.

Superior Spider-Man was a cool concept, but I hated the execution.

Cucumbers can feel pain. Pain must be delicious, in that case.

mindeth the cobwebs

"Happy Birthday to You" is owned by Warner Bros, or at least that's what they're trying to say. There are differing opinions on the legality of that.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

I am 90% sure you can buy a chocolate model of Lenin's head at a chocolate store in Russia.

GIVE IT TO ME

Men have nipples because they were grown onto the embryo before the gender was decided. That's right, nipples have literally no use to men.

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

It is almost impossible for two people to starve in close proximity as the survival instincts of one will take over and they will resort to cannibalism.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

The song "Tsar Bomba" by Avatar, is written by a band from Sweden, sung in German, and it's about something Russian. deal with it.

I've seen this band live.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

The song "Tsar Bomba" by Avatar, is written by a band from Sweden, sung in German, and it's about something Russian. deal with it.

The "Tsar Bomba" refers to the most powerful hydrogen bomb ever detonated. The bomb had the equivalent of 50 megatons of TNT and was so powerful the plane carrying it went down one kilometer in altitude. The bomb was no lightweight either weighing at 27 tons. It was detonated in 1961 but there was only one bomb made. To this day it is the most powerful nuclear bomb ever detonated.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

• 3 weeks later...

The Curiosity rover has special holes made in its wheels so the tracks left behind have special markers every x feet. These holes are actually Morse code for JPL, or Jet Propulsion Laboratory, where the Curiosity rover was created.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

Eli Whitney didn't invent the cotton gin; he just patented it.

Captain America didn't join the Avengers until issue 4.

Spider-Man was once aided by the ghost of a dead FBI officer in capturing Doctor Octopus.

North Korea once made its own monster movie. The monster begins its life as a friendly beast, but turns evil after being exposed to the wicked concept of capitalism! If it sounds like a movie that someone would be forced to make at gunpoint, that's because it totally was. Apparently no one in North Korea had the skill to pull off such a masterpiece, so they kidnapped a hapless director and actress from South Korea.

the song "Black Waltz" by Avatar is purely Death Metal, but the lyrics are:

"Black Waltz"

I entered the house
On the hill one day
Trying my best just to get away
No one was home
But the voices were clear
They let me know
I was welcome here

Life is so wonderful
Life is so beautiful,
Stay a wile
No one gets out alive
Life is so wonderful
Life is so beautiful,
Just smile
No one gets out alive

I walked down the halls
Of that haunted place
A whisper was leading me
Through the maze
Promising warmth
Knowing my name
Knowing my reasons
And why I came

A face in a painting
Looked down on me
Smiled at me loving and tenderly
Reached out her hand
Stroking my hair 
Suddenly voices were everywhere

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif