• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Toy Fair 2014: Creator

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 2,855 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 10:55 AM

I think that Creator sets often get overlooked, but LEGO keeps churning them out and many were on display at Toy Fair 2014. These models often have great designs and a good selection of parts, making them worth looking at. So what are you waiting for? Read on to check them out!

View the full article

#2 Offline Whirl

Whirl
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Clever Girl

• 04-February 07
  • 3,632 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 12:08 PM

You may see the animal sets as cute, but to be honest, I find them unsettling. There's just something not right with them...

#3 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,326 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 12:40 PM

I'm very fond of the new animal sets! There have been animal-based Creator sets in the past, of course, but they often had a heavy emphasis on "cool" or "extreme" sorts of animals like dragons, sharks, dinosaurs, spiders, alligators, etcetera. It's nice to see some sets that go for a look that's a bit more cute, cartoony, and playful.

The vehicles are nice, but a lot of them seem rather small. None of them quite blow me away like Cool Convertible, Sonic Boom, or Highway Pickup.

The Creator buildings/houses are also cool, and I like how detail-oriented the Bike Shop & Cafe are. But at the same time, I miss some of the larger houses like Family House, Seaside House, and Hillside House. I do hope we haven't seen the last of those! Then again, Mountain Hut is quite nice for its size.

25450756306_58415c3e74_z.jpg
The call of a Dragon in danger to save. All must unite, with Magic, be brave!

#4 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Banned Members
  • Toa

• 17-April 10
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 01:13 PM

I allready got some of these, the Motocycle doesent work in its chopper configuration. (For me anyways.)
Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

#5 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 20-February 14
  • 711 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 01:47 PM

Those little five dollars sets look interesting, especially the Emerald Express.

For some reason the furry creatures remind me of "Tom and Jerry".

Edited by JAG18, Feb 21 2014 - 01:51 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users