• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Toy Fair 2014: Creator

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 10:55 AM

I think that Creator sets often get overlooked, but LEGO keeps churning them out and many were on display at Toy Fair 2014. These models often have great designs and a good selection of parts, making them worth looking at. So what are you waiting for? Read on to check them out!

View the full article

#2 Offline Lucina

Lucina
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nobody suspects a thing

• 2,285 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 12:08 PM

You may see the animal sets as cute, but to be honest, I find them unsettling. There's just something not right with them...

lucinabanner.png

#3 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 4,022 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 12:40 PM

I'm very fond of the new animal sets! There have been animal-based Creator sets in the past, of course, but they often had a heavy emphasis on "cool" or "extreme" sorts of animals like dragons, sharks, dinosaurs, spiders, alligators, etcetera. It's nice to see some sets that go for a look that's a bit more cute, cartoony, and playful.

The vehicles are nice, but a lot of them seem rather small. None of them quite blow me away like Cool Convertible, Sonic Boom, or Highway Pickup.

The Creator buildings/houses are also cool, and I like how detail-oriented the Bike Shop & Cafe are. But at the same time, I miss some of the larger houses like Family House, Seaside House, and Hillside House. I do hope we haven't seen the last of those! Then again, Mountain Hut is quite nice for its size.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#4 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Members
  • pupwa why

• 106 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 01:13 PM

I allready got some of these, the Motocycle doesent work in its chopper configuration. (For me anyways.)
broke arm.

#5 Offline JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 371 posts

Posted Feb 21 2014 - 01:47 PM

Those little five dollars sets look interesting, especially the Emerald Express.

For some reason the furry creatures remind me of "Tom and Jerry".

Edited by JAG18, Feb 21 2014 - 01:51 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users