Inappropriate ads.

Pupwa21

I would recommend installing a simple adblocker. I've gotten so used to mine that I sometimes forget that other people see banner ads. :P

Same here, you can also lookup how to install OpenDNS as an DNS server on your router to remove almost every ad

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

promo_banner.png

Creating topic for Idd2000, please don't post until he does.

Or he'll eat you

Google ads aren't restricted, unfortunately. They display ads based search history, so it's possible other users get inappropriate ads more often,

Also, I'm gonna be that guy and say ads that are non-intrusive on sites like well, BZPower shouldn't be blocked. They need a form of revenue too.

Edited by Zero: Maverick Hunter
  • Upvote 1

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Google ads aren't restricted, unfortunately. They display ads based search history, so it's possible other users get inappropriate ads more often,

Also, I'm gonna be that guy and say ads that are non-intrusive on sites like well, BZPower shouldn't be blocked. They need a form of revenue too.

You hit the nail on the head. We don't control the ads, you do when you search for stuff.

And you're also very right, BZPower runs on Premier Membership donations and ad revenue. By blocking the ads you're reducing the amount of money we get to pay for our server, software, and things like contest prizes.

Anyway, I think this question has been answered.

• Upvote 1