Through the Looking Glass

Scrash

Or "Not Another Alternate Universe Story"

(aka why i shouldn't mess around with LDD when I'm bored)

So Hero Factory's story seems to (unintentionally) make our heroes in good ol' Alpha-1 Team to be really sinister from time to time. From Evo suggesting to murder a buncha mini-Reapas in Breakout or all the heroes not giving a toss about all those kaiju they sent into an acid bath in Invasion from Below, the normal "positive universe" heroes already make you raise an eyebrow from time to time.

So ya' gotta wonder "wow if that's what the legit heroes are like then man what could their negative universe counterparts be like?"

basically

01Stormer.png

Preston Stormer is the field leader of the tyrannical Hero Factory, Dr. Makuro's secret police force. Stormer commands Alpha-1 Team with an iron fist, and isn't afraid to dispose anyone who stands in the way of his ambitions. He's also absolutely bonkers if you get to know him well enough. He even goes as far to keep the deactivated Hank Thresher's head on a post outside of the assembly tower, just to let rookies know what happens when they cross him.

02Bulk.png

Dunkan Bulk is something of a genius when it comes to mayhem, both on and off the battlefield, and has earned his place as Stormer's loyal right-hand man. If the Alpha-1 team leader needs something or someone broken, or a brand new weapon for some especially painful breaking, Bulk is the guy to call.

03Stringer.png

James Stringer (don't call him "Jimi") is something of a recluse, preferring to keep to himself most of the time. He's really a pretty contemptuous guy once you get to know him, and he's certainly not above modulating his voice to scramble your circuits if he's in the right mood for it (which is essentially always). Stormer hates him (so does everyone else), but he works well in the field, so it's probably best to let him run through his usefulness before turning him into spare parts, eh?

04Rocka.png

Wait, what? You're tellin' me there's a Daniel Rocka on the team? You gotta be kiddin' me. Oh! Waitaminute. Oh, you mean that guy? Y'know, the grey guy, right? 'bout as boring as his color scheme? You think he's disappeared, but that's mainly 'cause he's so forgettable that once he's outta your line o' sight, your processor just deletes everything related to him? Yeah, I got no idea who you're talking about. Go bother someone else, 'kay?

05Surge.png

Mark Surge is a new up-and-comer that's tearing through the Hero Factory ranks (hopefully not literally). Stormer's weary of him; in addition to being a backstabbing opportunist, he's also "hyper-competent," whatever that means, and never misses a kill in the field. Word is he's got his sights on that Alpha-1 Team Leader position, and he's willing to wait as long as he needs to take out whoever's in his way.

06Breez.png

Natalie Breez is something of a sociopath who kills small animals for fun. She's not much of a talker, either, but apparently she hangs around with Surge quite a bit. He might think it's she wants to be his second-in-command or something, but the truth is she'd probably chop him to bits as soon as he takes out Stormer. Why waste all that energy if Surge is happy to expend his own, y'know?

07Nex.png

Julius Nex is a new addition to the team, and he's something of a mad inventor... if, y'know, his inventions were of any use. No, he's far more content trying to see if he can fuse two separate heroes into one body or give a captured criminal two or three extra heads because he thinks it'd look neat. Word has it he's working on his next masterpiece. Calls it the "Brain Bug" or something. Who knows where that's gonna lead?

08Furno.png

William Furno was one of Makuro's most exciting prospects, but a glitch during the the development of his H-core resulted him being a bumbling moron who couldn't hit Bulk at point-blank range. He talks a big game, for sure, but let's face it, the only place he's going is the assembly tower - right next to Thresher.

09Evo.png

Nathan Evo is a whiny little creep who looks to adamant failures like Furno for advice. He's not really into pursuing criminals, either; he feels his time would be much better spent skewering infants or something. Weirdo.

---

So yeah, they're not the most impressive Hero MOCs around (i guess i was going for a set-style approach?), but hey they're for fun and stuff. I've got some "villains" around too, but since the bios are probably more impressive than the actual guys i figure i should work on those first.

• Upvote 1

plop

Wow! The bios you came up for them were really cool and honestly make me want to get into the HF story! :P

Besides the amazing bios, I gotta say those are some pretty basic mocs, but it is something you wouldve expected during the 2.0/3.0/breakout/brain attack line. I find the color schemes pretty interesting as Ive never seen these characters with these colors.

Still cant get over those dark and gritty bios you came up with! Props! :D

BTW Stormer reminded me of Core Hunter :P

Edited by AdaptingChaos

Nine mocs...lots to take in, but let me try and give you some overall first impressions.

First, I like how you bulked up to build on all of them so that these aren't just recolors; and you also mostly picked good colors for all of them, except probably Surge and Nex. Those colors just hurt my eyes; trying a brighter shade on Nex, might help. :) (But you might be trying for a darker feel with these guys, in which case try changing the other color.) I might suggest a different shade of green for Natalie Breeze.

Your choices in weapons are also really good; I especially love how you armed the Alpha Team. Some are kind of "eh", but I think you did well, when confronted with the task of arming nine heroes, without any repeats.

Final thoughts, I like some of piece choices, like the speakers on Jimi (sorry "James") and giving Furno his original weapon. I only skimmed the bio's, but they seem good and kind of funny in a sort of twisted, ironic, macabre, kind of way.

Nice work man, you got some cool stuff here and I hope my comments here helped and/or weren't taken too seriously I'm just a newbie.

Cheers!

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Wow! The bios you came up for them were really cool and honestly make me want to get into the HF story! :P

Besides the amazing bios, I gotta say those are some pretty basic mocs, but it is something you wouldve expected during the 2.0/3.0/breakout/brain attack line. I find the color schemes pretty interesting as Ive never seen these characters with these colors.

Still cant get over those dark and gritty bios you came up with! Props! :D

BTW Stormer reminded me of Core Hunter :P

ha, yeah the heroes themselves are pretty standard fare (i tell myself they all look so similar 'cause negative universe Hero Factory doesn't approve of promoting individuality or something but really it's 'cause i just wanted to mess around with the colors), but i tried to make their bios fun to read at least. happy to see you like them.

and yeah, Stormer ended up with Core Hunter's color scheme 'cause red/black is traditional super evil guy colors, and i figure Stormer's a traditional super evil guy or something.

Nine mocs...lots to take in, but let me try and give you some overall first impressions.

First, I like how you bulked up to build on all of them so that these aren't just recolors; and you also mostly picked good colors for all of them, except probably Surge and Nex. Those colors just hurt my eyes; trying a brighter shade on Nex, might help. :) (But you might be trying for a darker feel with these guys, in which case try changing the other color.) I might suggest a different shade of green for Natalie Breeze.

Your choices in weapons are also really good; I especially love how you armed the Alpha Team. Some are kind of "eh", but I think you did well, when confronted with the task of arming nine heroes, without any repeats.

Final thoughts, I like some of piece choices, like the speakers on Jimi (sorry "James") and giving Furno his original weapon. I only skimmed the bio's, but they seem good and kind of funny in a sort of twisted, ironic, macabre, kind of way.

Nice work man, you got some cool stuff here and I hope my comments here helped and/or weren't taken too seriously I'm just a newbie.

Cheers!

these guys actually started out as recolors of their 2010 forms, but i thought, different timelines and all, they should look a bit different from their positive universe selves. i'm also fond of the Drilldozer upper body piece, and i think it creates a nice silhouette, even if it limits what you can do on the torso piece.

i actually kinda really dig Nex's colors. it's basically his usual orange/green except reversed and dulled down. i ran through a few different ones but i can't remember any of them right now (i'm not too big on Surge's either, i might change it eventually). all the weapons are recycled from previous incarnations except Stringer's i think (basically because they were easy to make), but hey i'm glad they look okay.

anyway, thanks for the feedback, guys.

plop