LEGO Looking to Replace ABS

Yay save the environment kill your foot! 2030 wow 16 years of more pricier Legos

...I'm not QUITE certain what you're saying here (probably meant something along the lines of "shoot yourself in the foot"?) but you seem to have something against the idea of TLG being able to more sustainably run their business? For one thing, the assumption that the bricks would jump in price seems a bit hasty (especially since as more oil gets drilled, oil gets scarcer, prices go up, and people fleeing environmental disasters caused by climate change have less money to buy things like LEGO products). For another, it seems somewhat twisted that you would prioritize the price of a LEGO set over the health of the planet. "The environment" isn't a separate entity from you. You live on this planet, and you will always be affected by the changes that occur to it. Surely paying a bit more for a children's toy is a fair sacrifice for putting off the heat death of Earth.

No what i meant is AS the oil is depleted from this planet the price would go up till they have resin bricks and by the whole hurt ya foot that was a poorly written joke by me i definatly want the planet to have a better enviorment for sure i didn't mean anything condisending to the enviorment

-Tahukan

:voyanui:

I'm glad to see they're already serious on finding an ultimate replacement for a petroleum-based plastic, especially to ensure that the replacement material will be at just as high of quality. By starting the research now rather than waiting until the cost of ABS starts to become an issue means that when the time ultimately comes to make the switch, they will have done their homework and have little or no trouble as they continue making new bricks and pieces for a very long time.

• Upvote 2

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.