New Hero Factory Polybag Discovered

A listing for a new set has recently appeared over at Brickset. The set is 40116 HF Hero Minimodel and features a small mech along with a Breez herofig. While the build is nothing to write home about, it could be a good source of certain pieces and is possibly the cheapest way to get a Breez figure. No word on how this set will be made available, but when we hear more, we'll let you know!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

This is an excellent set, in my opinion. It returns to the BIONICLE tradition of "small sets" that could have value as stand-alone items. Previous Hero Factory polybags have mainly been accessories to the buildable figures. They might have some useful pieces, but there was not a lot of building or play value inherent to the individual sets. In other words, more like BIONICLE accessory packs than small sets like Matoran and Turaga.

This figure, however, has a lot more building and play value. It is a fully-armed battle machine with eight points of articulation. And while it isn't entirely elegant (in fact, its proportions are a little bit silly compared to other sets), it is reasonably complete. More importantly, it demonstrates the Hero Factory building system, so that a person who buys this set will have some sense of what assembling a larger Hero Factory model is like. So if this were somebody's very first Hero Factory set, it could have a much better chance of getting them interested in the larger sets than the 2013 set with the black brain or the 2012 set with the Hero Cuffs and shield, neither of which gives a very good impression of Hero Factory as a building toy.

The piece count is also very good. 31 pieces is the maximum piece count you'd get in one of the 2.0 or 3.0 hero sets. Now, naturally, this might not have as much building value as those sets on its own, because not as many of those parts are based on the same building system. So for instance, if you limited yourself to the parts in this set, I don't think there's much more you could do with the nine mini-hero parts besides build a mini-hero. Nevertheless, for a polybag set that will probably end up being either impulse-priced or a free gift with a purchase of a certain size, the contents of this set are quite generous indeed. The designers could just as easily have included a hero, a weapon, and two or three jumpers, but instead they went with something you can actually build and rebuild.

I hope we see many more sets like this, whether in Hero Factory or in future constraction series. I've been wanting to see a set like this for years, particularly after XT4 introduced the torso beam that makes this and other similar-sized models possible.

• Upvote 3

I'm going to have to say that I think the mech is absolute trash. It looks incomplete, bizarrely proportioned, and skeletal.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'm going to have to say that I think the mech is absolute trash. It looks incomplete, bizarrely proportioned, and skeletal.

It's a polybag. Why do you expect the build of a standard set?

• Upvote 3

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

I mainly don't like the Small Set plus I find it really odd that it have Hands and Holding Swords when the others don't have that.

Anyway this Small set is good for parts but the thing I am not happy with this Set is that out of all the Breez Set from 2.0 to Brain Attack is that she have different color weapon (like Saw in Pearl Dark Gray) and armor (like the Rounded add-on armor in Lime Green) only to her or a cheaper way to get a Weapon (like the Red Breakout Sword). I mainly would like to see a Recolor from this Small Set like if those Propeller 1 Blade 10L was in Lime Green, that would be amazing. Another thing is that the Mech don't fit with Breez color, if that Short Bone piece was Lime Green then that would be good.

Anyway I would like to see this be available only at Target but It may just be a Lego Store only and you only get it on September.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I don't know why...., but I really want this set...I'm going to guess it'll be one of those sets near all the candy when you start paying for your stuff. That's where I see most of the Lego poly-bag sets.

Either that or a giveaway for paying x amount of money at the Lego store or Lego Shop-at-Home, like last year's Black Brain polybag. Hard to tell at this point.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Both me and my friend agree that this polybag set may come out at target and like what Damaracx said near all the candy plus if i am right, I am going to be getting a lot of those because of the really cute small body and the cockpit

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube