Lego Movie vehicle competition.

Toa Kayn

I know that there was a competition ages ago to make a vehicle and the winner would get their build in the movie.

What vehicle was it? My first guess would be the one that Wildstyle builds at the start but I couldn't find anything when I searched for the winning entry.

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

I know that there was a competition ages ago to make a vehicle and the winner would get their build in the movie.

What vehicle was it? My first guess would be the one that Wildstyle builds at the start but I couldn't find anything when I searched for the winning entry.

Probably not any of the vehicles in the sets, since most of those were probably designed with the express goal of appearing in sets.

It seems like there were multiple contests of this sort: one for teens and adults, one for US kids, one for UK kids, and one for kids from New Zealand or Australia. The one in Australia and New Zealand seems to have been won by this MOC. I don't remember seeing it in the movie, but perhaps it flashed on one of Lord Business's many computer screens, the same way some Brickfilms by Paganomation did towards the end of the movie.

Also, according to the official rules, "Each Winner may also be given the opportunity to have their LEGO® vehicle included in the Film. There is no additional compensation that will be paid by the Contest Entities to Winner if Winner's LEGO® vehicle actually appears in the Film. Further, whether a Winner's LEGO® vehicle actually appears in the Film is subject to the filmmakers' sole and absolute discretion and no compensation will be paid to a Winner for whatever reason their LEGO® vehicle does not ultimately appear in the final cut of the Film that is distributed publicly." So it's possible that the winning entries might not have made it into the movie at all, if it was determined that there was no room for them. As long as the cash prize was given out, Warner Bros would have fulfilled their end of the bargain.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time