Emerald City Comic-Con

Azani

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this; because there's no direct LEGO connection and there isn't going to be any official LEGO presence there, I'm posting this topic in Of Topic Culture. I'm not sure if it will need to be moved.

However, at least one artist who has done a considerable amount of work for Bionicle will be there, and so this topic is at least slightly connected to Bionicle. For those who aren't familiar with it, the Emerald City Comic-Con (often abbreviated as ECCC) is the "largest comic book and pop culture fan convention in the Pacific Northwest". It is essentially a Seattle version of the San Diego comic-con, in that many private dealers sell comic books, many professional artists come to promote and sell their art as well as meet fans, many people cosplay their favorite characters from popular books, films, and tv shows, and many celebrities come to meet their fans.

I myself will primarily be attending in order to buy comic books to add to my collection, but I will also be attending in order to meet Carlos D'anda, who will be one of the celebrity guests. Yes, it's the same Carlos D'anda who illustrated the first nine Bionicle comic books; it's confirmed to be him on the website. According to his personal website, Stuart Sayger will also be attending, though he isn't listed as a guest on the ECCC website, so we can't be entirely certain that he'll be there.

The Comic-Con itself runs form March 28-30 of this year, and again it is in Seattle. You can find out more about it on it's website, here: http://emeraldcitycomicon.com/

Stuart Sayger's website is here: http://www.stuartsayger.com/

So is anyone else attending, or planning to attend?

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

It's also worth noting that there will be a large Lego presence there, with SEALUG and PSLTC displaying models. I know I'll be attending, if only because I am part of SEALUG and I am displaying models :P

I also look forward to branching out and meeting D'Anda, and I didn't know about Sayger possibly going, but some comic artists do attend and aren't directly mentioned as a special guest. For example, The Oatmeal goes every year (he's from Seattle) but he isn't on that major list.

I look forward to meeting you, I'll most likely be wearing my Seahawks hat with my screenname on the back of it :D

bzpsig2015.png

Thanks for filling me in about SEALUG and PSLTC Swert; I wasn't aware that either one of them would be showing lego models at the Emerald City Comic-Con. Will SEALUG be at the ECCC on all three days? Because of real life responsibilities, such as homework, I'll only be able to attend the convention on Saturday.

I met Stuart Sayger four years ago at the 2010 ECCC, where he signed copies of the fourth and fifth Ignition comics for me. Since he wasn't on the list of high profile guests on the ECCC website that year, it's likely that he shows up every few years in a similar fashion as that of The Oatmeal.

I'll certainly be glad to meet you also; even at the ECCC, it's not always easy to find other Bionicle fans. And of course, you're the owner of BS01 also.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Hi There everyone!.. i wanted to let you all know that I WILL indeed be attending the Emerald City Comicon ( ECCC)... I will have my own corner booth during the show ( NOT in artist alley) My table number is :1521

ALSO... I wanted to let everyone know that i'll be at BRICKWOLDINDY in Indianapolis This weekend (it's a Lego brick convention )... I'll have lots of my art work with me including a lot of unseen Bionicle work... I'll also be drawing a large original piece of Axonn during the show for fans to want to see me work! go to: to learn more about the show!

also.... I'm not as well versed with BZPOWER as I should be so If I've posted this info in the wrong spot would someone be so kind as to re-post it in the proper place/ proper thread!

Bring your Bioncile comics and toys, I'll be happy to sign them!

-Stuart Sayger