• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Bbcode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline nocturn701

nocturn701
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tohunga

• 37 posts

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 07:19 AM

Today when I was replying to a topic I saw the option for Bbcode, but I've got no Idea what that is! It looks cool though!

#2 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,208 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 08:59 AM

It's used to make text look different than it usually would. It's why my text is purple here. If you click the light switch while creating or editing a post you can see the code your post has in it.

I'm pretty sure your blog has pictures in it, so you probably know how to use it. 

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#3 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 5,474 posts

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 10:33 AM

That mode allows you to code up things using this. It's there for traditional BZPers who are used to it, and prefer a coding language to menu options.  

#4 Offline Scanty Demon

Scanty Demon
  • Premier Member
  • Steely Visionary

• 360 posts

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 11:21 AM

BBCode is code used for posts, things like color, spoilers, etc. When posting you're given a menu on the type of options for things you can add to your post. The switch just lets you write out the code for your posts without using the menu. In other words it lets you type in the code for what you want in your post normally your computer does this via the menu buttons on the post. Hope that helped.

NGX30lD.png

#5 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,522 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 01:24 PM

Shockwave, fishers, and Scanty are correct. There's a short section on commonly used BBCode tags in the first part of this post. Just scroll down a bit.

BBCode used to be the only way to change your posts' appearance and to add things like links. With the addition of post customization settings and the simpler rich text editor, there really isn't a need to toggle BBCode editing on for posts anymore, but it is useful if one of your posts' formatting ever gets messed up. There are, however, a few uncommon tags that need to be entered manually: spoilers, for instance.

In short, knowledge of BBCode isn't essential for being a BZPower member anymore. Things like links and images can now be entered using the rich text editor buttons in the post window. We of the old guard, however, can always offer help with BBCode if you want to learn or encounter a situation where you need to use it. Just PM me or another Q&A staff member.

Does that help?

#6 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Banned Members
  • Toa

• 112 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 02:45 PM

Well not excatly, the text editor doesn't work on mobile. I'm fine with that.
Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

#7 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 5,474 posts

Posted Feb 27 2014 - 05:12 PM

Well not excatly, the text editor doesn't work on mobile. I'm fine with that.

Yes, if you're a mobile user, knowing BBcode is still essential (well, almost essential) hardware for BZP. 

#8 Offline nocturn701

nocturn701
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tohunga

• 37 posts

Posted Feb 28 2014 - 06:49 AM

Alright thanks!

#9 Online Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators