Bbcode

nocturn701

It's used to make text look different than it usually would. It's why my text is purple here. If you click the light switch while creating or editing a post you can see the code your post has in it.

I'm pretty sure your blog has pictures in it, so you probably know how to use it.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

BBCode is code used for posts, things like color, spoilers, etc. When posting you're given a menu on the type of options for things you can add to your post. The switch just lets you write out the code for your posts without using the menu. In other words it lets you type in the code for what you want in your post normally your computer does this via the menu buttons on the post. Hope that helped.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Shockwave, fishers, and Scanty are correct. There's a short section on commonly used BBCode tags in the first part of this post. Just scroll down a bit.

BBCode used to be the only way to change your posts' appearance and to add things like links. With the addition of post customization settings and the simpler rich text editor, there really isn't a need to toggle BBCode editing on for posts anymore, but it is useful if one of your posts' formatting ever gets messed up. There are, however, a few uncommon tags that need to be entered manually: spoilers, for instance.

In short, knowledge of BBCode isn't essential for being a BZPower member anymore. Things like links and images can now be entered using the rich text editor buttons in the post window. We of the old guard, however, can always offer help with BBCode if you want to learn or encounter a situation where you need to use it. Just PM me or another Q&A staff member.

Does that help?