Slizer/Throwbots Reimagination

The Mugbearer

From the depths of Space and Time comes greatest heroes ever known before Bionicle began!

There's not much known about them, but Slizers (also known as Throwbots) won my heart from the first time I saw them in the catalogue.

After all these years, when I no longer possess any of the original sets, I decided to give a new life to once beloved characters. These MOCs are not targeted for intense game therefore there is no cogs and throwing discs. But instead, it's a mixture of brick-built bodies and Hero Factory limbs, combined together to bring the ultimate line of action figures, inspired by long-lost Lego theme, to life!

Behold! The Mini-Slizer!

Let's start from original eight Slizers, main antagonists/protagonists of the theme, caught in endless struggle over Planet Slizer and it's seven regions and Dome City.

8896603274_9680521e23_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Torch by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Sturdy hunchback Torch roams his fiery region, looking for any fuel he can consume. He uses his disc throwing hand and twin flamethrower to repel attacks of furious Lava Elementals.

8896603444_7bfb1cc3b0_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Scuba by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Scuba, the dweller of depth. He is riding torrents and streams in search for precious pearls. His diving suit and harpoon gun allows Scuba to easily avoid encounters with giant brain jellyfishes and other horrible monsters of water region.

8901763766_99ea43546f_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Ice by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Ice lives in an eternal movement, always descending from higher peaks of ice region on his trusty skis. Although his skiing pole is not the most intimidating weapon, he rarely get himself in a fight, preferring fast and daring escapes.

8901763666_8d7efce7f6_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Turbo Car by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Turbo, the city Slizer. Likes speed more than anything, that's probably why he's in good relationship with his neighbor Ice. If not for limited supplies of fuel, Turbo would race with monster trucks and wind forever.

8901151085_9da3f55dbb_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Turbo Robot by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Turbo also can transform himself into a bipedal form to communicate better with his teammates, but he prefers his car form over this one.

8815361111_dd1d19f894_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Judge by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Judge (aka Jet) is cunning and ominous adversary. He uses double throwing arms and twin rotor propellers to patrol Dome City from air, searching for tresspassers.

8896603584_eb1cf42f6b_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Amazon by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Amazon, the feral Jungle Slizer, is renown hunter, fearless and cold-blooded. He uses his katana both for cutting agressive treants in the swamps of jungle region and for cutting enemy limbs.

8895879029_55725b573d_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Electro by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Electro is more of an insect than a complete sentient Slizer, but it doesn't mean that he cannot outwit and electrify his prey. He feels better in the streams of Energy, constantly furrowing his region.

8895878671_d2ee9fe5e5_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Granite by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Granite is a crafty miner. He cannot stop digging, given that it's his only true passion. He even has small drills on his legs for more digging.

But at beginning of another millennium, out of nowhere appeared a giant asteroid that smashed into a Slizer Planet, destroying Energy, Jungle and Mountain regions.
From the ashes rose horrible abominations, Mutants. Blinded by rage, they began their crusade on remaining Slizer.

8905894264_2b56e58a68_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Mutants - Flare 1 by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Flare, the 'youngest' member of mutant team. Her actions determined not by her actual age, but by her dare-devil attitude. She always on the fly, enjoying diving on unaware enemy and snatching him by her sharp bird-like claws.

8905893910_8701655570_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Mutants - Spark by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Spark is cold-blooded as Amazon and Electro combined together (probably, she really is merged from those two). She possesses an arm shield that she uses to reflect any incoming shots back to her foes.

11291653163_0f7101dc37_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Mutants - Blaster by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Blaster, unofficial leader of Mutants, biggest and baddest of them all. A towering brute, that can crush a Lava Element by flinging at it discs generated by his double throwing arm.

11291604464_6a7fa9c4dc_c.jpg
Mini-Slizer - Millenium by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

This Slizer do not know his past. Others know him as Millenium: a lone rider on the crushed roads of city region. Nobody have seen him without his abnormal bike. Scuba assumes that Millenium is not a Slizer, nor a Mutant, but something in between. He seem to struggle against transformation processes in his body, unwilling to become one of Blaster's gang, but he never officially opposed them in battle.

That's pretty much all! I owe some special thanks to LewiTaur (aka LewiMOCs) for inspiring me with his LDD Slizer MOCs.

Copyrights time!

Ah yes, forgot to mention.
The models of Slizers (except for Mutants for now) are official character designs for Russian Project Slizer.

Edited by The Mugbearer
  • Upvote 7

I have to say I really like how you did Granite and electro in this. Overall This is amazing even though i never owned a slizer in my life but i would definitely buy these given the chance

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'm really impressed by how you made so many of the Throwbot pieces that don't exist in LDD, especial the Throwbot arms. Seriously, that's creativity. Your whole reinvention here was very well done, I'd say.

You did quite a good job on all of these, great work. :)

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

This is really cool. but what parts did you use to create the throwing hands. It would be awsome if this was a thing GJ

Thank you. Throwing hand is made with three 1x2 plates with clip on top (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=92280), one plate 1x2 with one stud on top (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3794), plate 1x2 with 'door rail' (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32028), plate 1x2 with handle on side (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2540), 2x2 round tile and 1x2 plate with two studs on the side that are placed on the bottom. I cannot find it's image and I have no ability to make a screenshot right now.

I have to say I really like how you did Granite and electro in this. Overall This is amazing even though i never owned a slizer in my life but i would definitely buy these given the chance

Thank you. =)

I'm really impressed by how you made so many of the Throwbot pieces that don't exist in LDD, especial the Throwbot arms. Seriously, that's creativity. Your whole reinvention here was very well done, I'd say.

You did quite a good job on all of these, great work. :)

Thanks. ^^

I like how these new designs improve on the overall look of the Slizers, as opposed to merely giving them some new parts, as I often see in redesigns. Turbo's humanoid form is a very nice touch, and really shows the amount of thought you put in the Slizer's new looks.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I like how these new designs improve on the overall look of the Slizers, as opposed to merely giving them some new parts, as I often see in redesigns. Turbo's humanoid form is a very nice touch, and really shows the amount of thought you put in the Slizer's new looks.

Thank you for kind words. =) Yeah, Turbo took more time than any other Slizer, except, maybe, Blaster - he's too big to be made fast. =)

Ah yes, I remember these bad boys, got myself some of these before BIONICLE waltzed in and wrapped me around its finger.

These are some really cool miniaturizations of the originals, I especially like the Air-based City Slizer, there's almost something "retro" about it using propellers, which I like.

Nice work, Art.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Okay, these are awesome. I like a lot of the little details on some of them, like the wild "hair" on Amazon, Jet's scouter, the clawed feet on Amazon and Flare, and the digitigrade leg builds of the mutants. My only complaint is that Millenium doesn't have the alternate super robot build.

Also, you wouldn't happen to have the building instructions to these guys, would you? Because honestly, I kind of want to build these guys myself, even if many of the colored pieces here don't exist.

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

Okay, these are awesome. I like a lot of the little details on some of them, like the wild "hair" on Amazon, Jet's scouter, the clawed feet on Amazon and Flare, and the digitigrade leg builds of the mutants. My only complaint is that Millenium doesn't have the alternate super robot build.

Also, you wouldn't happen to have the building instructions to these guys, would you? Because honestly, I kind of want to build these guys myself, even if many of the colored pieces here don't exist.

Thanks. =) Well, I haven't made it because I don't really like it. And now I have no ability to make it since I don't have LDD installed and won't have for a while.

As for instructions, I can send you all the LXFs via whatever you prefer.

• 2 weeks later...

How wonderful!

The only thing that bothers me about these is that the designs make use of so many recolored parts and doubtfully sturdy designs that I can't replicate them with my physical LEGO collection. Looks like I'll have to be working on my own revamps if I want to get my Slizers back together.

Edited by The Kumquat Alchemist