6² - Respice Iterum

Palm

0002376280_100.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

respiceiterum-albumartthumbnail300x300.p

^^ Click to listen to the album! ^^

"Anything can happen in an instant. Unexpected and frightening, it's easy to lose yourself and often, when the dust settles,

there's pieces of you strewn about or missing, left in places you can't seem to get to: Sometimes there's a lot of searching required.

Respice Iterum is a conversation with myself, walking through different experiences surrounding loss.

Respice Iterum is about coming to terms with the end of another person's story, and going on to continue telling your own."

Hey guys! So one of my favorite creative outlets is music, and over the past few years I've experimented a lot with electronic music. Mostly chiptune stuff, but I've dabbled in some other stuff as well (however minimally). Up until today, everything I've made was always given out for free (the previous album to this one is free as well), but recently I decided I had gotten to a level that my work was at least worth some money. idk whatev

Anyways, so here it is!

I really wanted to move away from an album being a list of specific tracks, and more of being a whole package thing. It's a story in this case, a narrative. There's a point I'm wanting to get across here, so taking things out of context as individual tracks (although it wouldn't be terrible) really might lessen the effect it's meant to have. It's really meant to be heard all at once! Which is fortunate because it's so short.

Anyways, I would really appreciate it if you'd give it a listen, the first track's intro is really long so be warned. Buuuuut if you are going to listen to just one track; listen to the last one. ;)

Let me know what you think! :)

• Upvote 4

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Just listened to the album. There were parts where I felt the music wasn't as interesting as it could be, and some of the quiet sections could have been a smidgen louder, but otherwise you've done a great job.

Compared to the compositions of your previous 62 album, those of Respice Iterum are more complex and utilize more dynamics. This is a boon for the album, but despite the more adroit compositions, I could tell that the tracks were made to contribute to a whole rather than stand on their own. Granted, I like the effect -- it works well -- but it means the tracks are a bit less enjoyable out of context. Not a problem, just a remark.

Again, great job. It's nice to hear more work from you.

Thank you for your honest feedback!

I'm still learning to make things dynamically fit together stronger so nobody dies when they've turned it up to listen to a quiet section when the louder stuff comes back in. I suppose I wasn't as close as I thought: Just another thing to work towards I suppose haha

Yeah there was a really strong intention to remove the album from the current state that albums are in. More of an experiment in how I can tell a story, so I'm glad to hear that the effect came through somewhat. Thanks again! ;)

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |