amazing discovery

polip

do you remember that strange box I had shown in an old topic of mine?I mean this box:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/11809-what-is-this-bionicle-set/

Well it came out from the discussion that it was a promotional 2001 bionicle box.

Today I was handling with it and I noticed it was a bit too heavy. It seemed very strange to me, so I decided to risk everything and try to dissect the box without damaging it.15 minutes later, this is what I found out:

1.jpg

YES! I WAS RIGHT!

So I changed the batteries, and this is what happened:

3.jpg

The red lights sequentially switch on and off clockwise, and the green eyes stay on. When you close the box a sensor automatically switches off the lights.

Do you remeber that on the box there was written:"remove the mask if you dare!"?

Well, that phrase was there for a reason!!!!In fact, when you remove the mask, another sensor senses that you have pulled the pakari off, and a voice says:

"BIONICLE:find the power!"

This is a more expanded view of it:

Please link to images over 500 kB. -B6

As you can seeI have folded some protective wrap around every paper part, as I do not want to put the box parts back in place, I think I could be damaging that.

I think I will be staring at this thing for at least two or three days more without eating or sleeping :br:

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 6

Super neat! Is there any chance you could record it saying "BIONICLE: Find the Power"? Obviously not a big deal if it isn't viable, but i would be interested to hear it if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks for sharing!

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1e90fb

I had to create an account on dailymotion,anyway here it is!sorry for bad video quality

Fascinating! I do believe this is the only time that the old "Find the Power" mantra was vocalized in an official item. Thanks for going to the trouble of uploading a video, lighting effects and all. It's always great when something newly discovered from BIONICLE's early years comes to light. :D

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Good on you for taking the initiative to investigate. Even these days I don't know if I'd be daring enough to try to open something rare like this. And I certainly would've missed out.

Pretty neato thing you got there. Always cool to get blasts from the past like this.

OpAXNpl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Now you've done that, everyone else with one I suppose knows their's would be at risk if they let the batteries leak. That's good.

Perhaps you could rewire it with some rechargable batteries, perhaps a 6V flat battery pack of the same voltage and ampage from component shop, such as this one

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/6-0v-3300mah-sc-nimh-battery-pack-5-x-1.html

crimp on some tamiya connectors, run the rechargable flat battery pack round the outside of the box back into the circuit again so the tamiyas can be accessed, then you could recharge the battery repeatedly without having to dismantle the box and risk damaging it more?

You'd have to make sure the battery pack has the same ampage as the batteries, I can't be bothered to figure out the ampage of the AAs right now. xD