• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

amazing discovery

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline polip

polip
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 69 posts

Posted Mar 02 2014 - 12:10 PM

do you remember that strange box I had shown in an old topic of mine?I mean this box:

http://www.bzpower.c...s-bionicle-set/

Well it came out from the discussion that it was a promotional 2001 bionicle box.
Today I was handling with it and I noticed it was a bit too heavy. It seemed very strange to me, so I decided to risk everything and try to dissect the box without damaging it.15 minutes later, this is what I found out:

1.jpg

YES! I WAS RIGHT!

So I changed the batteries, and this is what happened:

3.jpg

The red lights sequentially switch on and off clockwise, and the green eyes stay on. When you close the box a sensor automatically switches off the lights.
Do you remeber that on the box there was written:"remove the mask if you dare!"?
Well, that phrase was there for a reason!!!!In fact, when you remove the mask, another sensor senses that you have pulled the pakari off, and a voice says:
"BIONICLE:find the power!"

This is a more expanded view of it:
Please link to images over 500 kB. -B6

As you can seeI have folded some protective wrap around every paper part, as I do not want to put the box parts back in place, I think I could be damaging that.

I think I will be staring at this thing for at least two or three days more without eating or sleeping :br:

Edited by Black Six, Mar 04 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#2 Offline Pereki

Pereki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 924 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2014 - 03:52 PM

Super neat! Is there any chance you could record it saying "BIONICLE: Find the Power"? Obviously not a big deal if it isn't viable, but i would be interested to hear it if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks for sharing!

#3 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fear Frenzied

• 5,863 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2014 - 04:03 PM

Incredible, I never knew this existed! You are lucky to have one.

#4 Offline Tattorack

Tattorack
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 428 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2014 - 05:03 PM

Wow! I wonder how many people in the world have one of these!

I certainly never heard of it before!

deep_space_banner_by_tattorack-d7dqxbw.p

"Because it submerges in a marine enviroment I'm going to call it a safely-go-under-the -water-without-detection device"

-Leonard of Quirm

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

#5 Offline polip

polip
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 69 posts

Posted Mar 02 2014 - 06:12 PM

Super neat! Is there any chance you could record it saying "BIONICLE: Find the Power"? Obviously not a big deal if it isn't viable, but i would be interested to hear it if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks for sharing!

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x1e90fb

I had to create an account on dailymotion,anyway here it is!sorry for bad video quality

#6 Offline Pereki

Pereki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 924 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2014 - 07:53 PM

http://www.dailymoti...m/video/x1e90fb

I had to create an account on dailymotion,anyway here it is!sorry for bad video quality

Fascinating! I do believe this is the only time that the old "Find the Power" mantra was vocalized in an official item. Thanks for going to the trouble of uploading a video, lighting effects and all. It's always great when something newly discovered from BIONICLE's early years comes to light. :D

#7 Offline Bfahome

Bfahome
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • DJ Kumo

• 5,960 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Mar 02 2014 - 08:10 PM

Good on you for taking the initiative to investigate.  Even these days I don't know if I'd be daring enough to try to open something rare like this.  And I certainly would've missed out.

Pretty neato thing you got there.  Always cool to get blasts from the past like this.

but suddenly, I feel the shining sun

digitallove.jpg

before I knew it, this dream was all gone

#8 Offline LordofBionicles

LordofBionicles
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 577 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 02 2014 - 08:55 PM

Nice item, I don't know how I would have reacted to that voice talking to me though.

#9 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,255 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 05 2014 - 04:44 PM

Wow. I've never seen one of these before. It looks really awesome. And its great that it talks to you. Though that voice is what I think Teridax would sound like. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

Check out my Bionicle short story The Agori and my Ninjago short story The Darkness Within

Also check out my comedy series Adventures of the Bara Magna Sets!

#10 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,058 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 05 2014 - 07:02 PM

Wow, nice discovery! Never ever heard of it before, so thats pretty cool, especially to own one. And it sounds pretty creepy with that voice thing...

#11 Offline dragonzrmetal

dragonzrmetal
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 75 posts

Posted Mar 26 2014 - 06:42 PM

Now you've done that, everyone else with one I suppose knows their's would be at risk if they let the batteries leak. That's good.

Perhaps you could rewire it with some rechargable batteries, perhaps a 6V flat battery pack of the same voltage and ampage from component shop, such as this one 

http://www.component...pack-5-x-1.html

crimp on some tamiya connectors, run the rechargable flat battery pack round the outside of the box back into the circuit again so the tamiyas can be accessed, then you could recharge the battery repeatedly without having to dismantle the box and risk damaging it more?

You'd have to make sure the battery pack has the same ampage as the batteries, I can't be bothered to figure out the ampage of the AAs right now. xD

rw17vBD.jpg

#12 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,116 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2014 - 07:19 PM

Oh wow, that's awesome. It's cool that there's still cool stuff we can discover about Bionicle!

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#13 Offline Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 529 posts

Posted Mar 26 2014 - 11:33 PM

:OMG:  :OMG:  :OMG:

That is so cool!  :shocked: so jealous right now... looks amazing with that Pakari, fits the Onua look perfectly... wow... just wow 

"I am Iron Man"

:i:  :a: :m:  :i: :r: :m_o: :n:  :m: :a: :n:

bannerbzp_by_tattorack-d7ht9tk.jpg

signature art by Tattorak

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users