Best Bionicle Game?

Fry

I played a lot of MNOG II and Piraka Attack back in the day...

Those were pretty fun, yeah.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Mata Nui Online Game was not only the most detailed and immersive BIONICLE game for me, it was the single best game in terms of world-building that the LEGO Group has ever released. Mata Nui Online Game II comes close, but its top-down perspective makes it feel far less immersive, it was riddled with crippling bugs that made it near-impossible to complete the game, and many aspects of the game were tedious and repetitive. Mata Nui Online Game, in contrast, truly made you feel like a part of the adventure, and instilled a pervasive sense of wonder in each and every locale you visited.

I never much cared for the more action-oriented BIONICLE games, because I like to be able to fully enjoy my surroundings at my own pace without worrying about enemies or other hazards. For instance, "Tales of the Tohunga/Quest for the Toa" let you experience a nice range of Mata Nui scenery and characters. But it was also incredibly frustrating at times, and you didn't come out of a stretch of gameplay feeling like you'd learned as much about your surroundings.

I honestly wish adventure games as peril-free and enthralling as the Mata Nui Online Game were more common in this day and age. My twin brother did recently discover the wonders of the Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton series, which have a lot of the same charm, so that at least assures me that such games still exist in some capacity. Still, I do have to wonder how long it might be before the LEGO Group captures that sort of experience again in one of their own games.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I liked the Voya Nui online game a lot, it was a nice new spin on the old mnog series. I heard the Voya Nui online game actually was rushed a bit in production. Kinda makes you wonder how they could make such a great game even better. Bionicle heroes was the best console game hands down, but Maze of Shadows for GBA is a lot of fun as well.

POWER TO THE FANS

LETS TAKE BACK BZP FROM THE HERO FACTORY FANBOYS

STOP THIS POINTLESS CENSORSHIP AND SHEATHE THE BAN HAMMERS

BRING BACK THE FRIENDLY AND INFORMATIVE BZP

SUPPORT TTV AND GET ON THE HYPE TRAIN

The MNOG has to be my pick -- it was a fantastic introduction to the franchise, and it did a much better job at shaping the then-mysterious Bionicle world then later games. Looking back now, the game does look rather cheap looking, but that really just proves that you don't need flashy graphics (bloom *shudders*) to provide an immersive world.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

I'm attempting to play through MNOGII because it's been eleven years and I haven't beaten it yet but every time I tried, I've always really liked it because of the ambient music, the interactions with the other Matoran, and protagonist Hahli. <3

I also really like Maze of Shadows because it's reminiscent of the Pokémon games and I also really love the Toa Metru.

WHAT'S UP, BUTTERCUP???

Bionicle Heroes for the huge environment and different obstacles, and the ability to fight enemies from the past. Even though the game had no impact on the story whatsoever, it was good. Matoran Adventures gets m vote as well, Even though the sprites were minimal (Every matoran had a hau... :burnmad: ), the gameplay was fun and extremely challenging. COnsidering it was my first gameboy advance game as well, it gets double points.

beatdown2.png

DON'T MESS WITH US! NOTHING GETS PAST US! UNLESS WE WISH IT!

• 1 month later...

MNOLG is an absolute classic. It shouldn't even count anymore. Piraka Attack was greatly presented for what it was. I think the dreamy vibe and plot of MNOLG II is also quite noteworthy, but the time-consumingness requires more effort than a game really should.

...I just realized I still have Bionicle: The Game left unplayed in my drawer. I gonna give it a go right now.

banner1.png