Biggest Bionicle Dissapointment

their adaptive masks remind me more masks or faces of OoMN's members, for example.

For whatever it's worth, they did get them as a result of getting instructions from the Order. In a sense they kind of were unofficial Order members in a way, at that time. (Still, overall I agree. The basic shapes of the 08 masks could have been much cooler IMO if they were blended more with obvious similarities to the originals. Ah well.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But the Kal weren't normal Bohrok, they had some sort of emotional side.

Can you give an example of them showing emotion?

Taken from Biosector01:

The Bohrok-Kal were also very arrogant and boastful. They were completely dedicated to their mission and considered anything that interfered with them as an obstacle.

Maybe not emotion, but certainly personality. Sentience is probably the correct term here.

Although, re-reading that page, Tahnok-Kal is still technically alive. Lehvak's been in orbit since forever. The other four must be very depressed, being utterly immobile and trapped.

But the Kal weren't normal Bohrok, they had some sort of emotional side.

Can you give an example of them showing emotion?

Taken from Biosector01:

The Bohrok-Kal were also very arrogant and boastful. They were completely dedicated to their mission and considered anything that interfered with them as an obstacle.

Maybe not emotion, but certainly personality. Sentience is probably the correct term here.

Although, re-reading that page, Tahnok-Kal is still technically alive. Lehvak's been in orbit since forever. The other four must be very depressed, being utterly immobile and trapped.

But it was sentience programmed into them only to help them carry out their task, to which they were as mindlessly devoted as the non-sentient Bohrok. They didn't have the sort of questioning sentience that makes independent beings truly alive.

But it was sentience programmed into them only to help them carry out their task, to which they were as mindlessly devoted as the non-sentient Bohrok. They didn't have the sort of questioning sentience that makes independent beings truly alive.

Pride and arrogance in their abilities is inefficient in carrying out their task, though. It would be better if they viewed obstacles in proper proportion to their abilities.

I doubt that was programmed in. (Although the Bahrag are arrogant too, and they made the the Kal I think, so the glitch was probably further up the line.)

Edited by fishers64

Pride and arrogance in their abilities is inefficient in carrying out their task, though. It would be better if they viewed obstacles in proper proportion to their abilities.

I doubt that was programmed in. (Although the Bahrag are arrogant too, and they made the the Kal I think, so the glitch was probably further up the line.)

I see what you mean, but I think my basic point about their lack of free will or thought disqualifying them as the kind of living beings that Toa are forbidden to kill still stands.

• Upvote 2

The Golden Armour. Too phast! The only story we got was... advertisements.

Second on my list is Tuma v. Mata Nui. Come on, a bad back?

Other than that I think I like some of the "disappointments" pointed out like Teridax betraying Krika and co. I think the point was that they were supposed to die suddenly and unexpectedly by the treacherous machinations of Teridax.

their adaptive masks remind me more masks or faces of OoMN's members, for example.

For whatever it's worth, they did get them as a result of getting instructions from the Order. In a sense they kind of were unofficial Order members in a way, at that time. (Still, overall I agree. The basic shapes of the 08 masks could have been much cooler IMO if they were blended more with obvious similarities to the originals. Ah well.)

To be fair, I thought there was a resemblance among some of their masks. Kopaka's is obvious, as is Pohatu's in his vehicle form. But contrary to popular opinion, I thought the silhouettes on Onua and Tahu's masks were quite reminiscent of their Mata forms—Tahu remained a dome, and Onua remained a diamond.

...It's just a shame about their bodies.