Great Being sketches

FallenCor

First off I like the gauntlet. It has a very bionicleish feel to it which adds up nicely. However it doesn't have an overly biomechanical feel which given the vagueness of the great being's bodies really adds to it's mystery.

And look at that. Vader is always tryin to steal the limelight. That poser.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

This is extremely good. And I'm speaking from experience because I have searched for good Great Being art and haven't liked what I've found quite enough. Most try to put a face on them, which has the effect of just making them seem like alien versions of Toa, maybe advanced aliens but they lose the mysterious simplicity of the hood and unseen face. This uses that but also expands on the "similar to Glatorian" idea Greg has given us. The gauntlet is a very good choice, and the design of it even better.

And it doesn't take much skill to pull this part off but it shows just the right sense of the mystery of them -- the faint hint of a line for the face, as the only feature inside the hood other than darkness.

Also love the crackling energy, heh. Just all in all, very, very well done.

I would love for this to be used in my retelling if you're okay with it -- I'll PM you about that. :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I always enjoy hooded characters. The shadowed face makes pretty much everyone cooler. Nice gauntlet, too. The smooth plating gives off the right feeling of something organic being protected under the metal, compared to the more pieced up and piston-heavy armor of MU beings. The thinner hand compared to the sleeve of the gauntlet makes it look like the front is just a thin glove, which also serves to imply that the crackling energy is flowing through the Great Being's actual hand and not just some technological device. I like it.

Now, am I to assume that Vader was a Great Being, or that the Great Beings are Jedi? :lol:

Now, am I to assume that Vader was a Great Being, or that the Great Beings are Jedi? :lol:

It is now my personal headcanon that there's a wise-butt GB out there who thinks crossovers are hilarious.

I shall name him Bob.

• Upvote 1

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

I shall name him Bob.

No, Bob is the one who stands in the corner covering his face, pretending to be a statue. He does this because it freaks out the other GBs something fierce.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a GB who just likes pulling in strange stuff from other universes to see what the Core!GBs think of it.

Edited by Katuko
  • Upvote 1

I shall name him Bob.

No, Bob is the one who stands in the corner covering his face, pretending to be a statue. He does this because it freaks out the other GBs something fierce.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a GB who just likes pulling in strange stuff from other universes to see what the Core!GBs think of it.

*rubs chin* A name will come to me in due time....

Dang flabbit, this guy is on the fast-track to becoming an actual fan-char, pfft.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

• 5 weeks later...

This is now one if my favorite GB types of art. I always imagine them to be more cloaked and have their faces hidden. This really helps the mysterious persona behind them. Also, Star Wars cross over is just amazing.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

If the Empire could put together space stations the size of small moons, I'm sure they could have easily built robot-inhabited robots the size of small moons too :P

I love the first drawing, it looks like the gauntlet is full of Energized Protodermis, which would be really cool. Lovely drawings, very stylized. I like 'em ^^

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

• 1 month later...