Trade Federation Hawk Droid (Alternate Model of 7111 Droid Fighter)

Front View

Underside

Back

The Hawk Droid was an attempt by the Trade Federation to improve upon the faults of the Vulture Droid in the early months of the Clone Wars. It was designed for superior speed, maneuverability, and artificial intelligence. Its smaller, sleeker design reduced the cost of raw material, although more competent AI was more expensive than the Federation anticipated. Only a few hundred were produced and they were deployed to a small number of Outer Rim worlds, where they performed far better than Vulture Droids at an individual level, but overall the financial impracticality of mass-producing them convinced the Federation to end production of the Hawk Droid.

As the title says, and the in-universe description implies, the Hawk Droid is built exclusively from parts of the Vulture Droid, set 7111 from 1999. I might add instructions if anyone's interested.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Very well done. I love mini models, this of course being no exception. Very impressive, considering that you made it entirely of 7111, I checked it out, and the parts selection definitely isn't very large. Perhaps it's just the parts you use, but it also seems to have the style of the late 90's/early 2000's Star Wars sets.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Perhaps it's just the parts you use, but it also seems to have the style of the late 90's/early 2000's Star Wars sets.

=)

I consider it to be a combination of both factors. I do try to use a classic style of LEGO, but with only these parts, I had no other option.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!