• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionicle: Masks Of The Elders

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Valrahk

Valrahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,339 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 22 2011 - 09:21 PM

In the Matoran Universe, peace has long since taken hold. Evil has been banished from the world, and the guardians of the Matoran saw fit to leave them to their lives unaided. The Toa, once great heroes and defenders of right and good, are now a faded memory. Even the Great Spirit, once ever-present, now seems but a distant shadow, a mythical being from a bygone age. Few alive even remember the times when these figures roamed the land, and even they are fading into history But there are those who remember all too clearly, and now see fit to destroy this peace.With the world complacent, they have begun to move what little forces they have left, and plunge an unsuspecting planet into a greater darkness than it has ever known. The only beings who could have stopped them are now but lifeless relics in shrines, a mere facade, an image of what they once were.This is a world on the edge.This is the world of...

Bionicle: Masks of the Elders

News:11/22/2011: Two new Act II screenshots added.10/23/2011: Demo 2 link corrected - In my initial rush to re-open the topic, I accidentally posted the link to the Beta, not the Demo. Also, the Demo 2 Walkthrough and an extra link to the Element Chart have been posted. 10/22/2011: Topic Reopened.Downloads:Demo 1.1, Standard VersionDemo 1.1, Enhanced Soundtrack VersionDemo 2, Standard VersionDemo 2, Enhanced Soundtrack VersionDemo 2 WalkthroughBoss Guide for Demo 2Element Chart(Excel Spreadsheet)Screenshots: Act I:
Spoiler
Act II:
Spoiler
Features:-All-New, Original Story-An enormous overworld to explore-A cast of rich, unique characters-Elemental Class System-Another, still top-secret battle enhancement (coming soon)-Challenging Combat -Item and Weapon Crafting (coming soon)-And Much, Much MoreTeaser Stories: Click here.Production Blog Link: Click here.Credits: Graphics: Bonesiii/Ojhilom, InnerRayg, ValrahkMusic: a site I can't mention in the forum because the site has forums.Sound Effects: Runtime Package, ValrahkComing Soon: Blog Updates - More Crafting System details

Edited by Valrahk, Nov 22 2011 - 10:54 PM.

#2 Offline Vakama35

Vakama35
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 621 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 25 2011 - 07:33 PM

Currently downloading...this looks pretty interesting.Edit: Well, I did the setup...and now I cannot find it. Literally. And most of the setup was a bunch of ????I do not understand computer software that well, but, well, can you?

Edited by Vakama35, Oct 25 2011 - 07:47 PM.

I am proof that the dead can rise again!

Don't mess with him, or you'll end up like Ackar's spinning head.

#3 Offline rabbit

rabbit
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,051 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 25 2011 - 07:51 PM

hmmm.... i think you should give credit for boneiii's matoran and other sprites.i haven't downloaded yet.

imx_327053664.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#4 Offline Valrahk

Valrahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,339 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 25 2011 - 10:16 PM

Currently downloading...this looks pretty interesting. Edit: Well, I did the setup...and now I cannot find it. Literally. And most of the setup was a bunch of ?? I do not understand computer software that well, but, well, can you?

Unfortunately, that's just how the setup of the game is. Also, did you make sure to check both boxes before clicking the looks-kind-of-like-an-OK-button?

hmmm.... i think you should give credit for boneiii's matoran and other sprites. i haven't downloaded yet.

The full credits list won't appear until the end of the game, but... yeah, I should put up some temporary credits in the topic. Working on that now...

#5 Offline Jedi Knight Krazy

Jedi Knight Krazy
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,780 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2011 - 09:38 AM

Welcome back! I'll nab the Enhanced Soundtrack version once it's up. Is this still as keyboard-chuckingly hard as I remember it?

IrMSNn3.png

#6 Offline Valrahk

Valrahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,339 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2011 - 10:30 AM

Welcome back! I'll nab the Enhanced Soundtrack version once it's up. Is this still as keyboard-chuckingly hard as I remember it?

In short, pretty much. Some parts of Act I were made slightly easier, namely the trek back to Cho-koro (if one character gets KO'd, after the battle they get healed, but only during that first part). On the other hand, I did some data wrangling with enemies' experience drops, so it takes slightly longer to get up to the recommended levels. As for Act II, let's just say that in Beta Testing I had to add in some extra healing in one dungeon because it was a bit too hard. So, to say it in short again, yes, yes it is.Also, the plan is to have the Enhanced Soundtrack Version up on Friday.

Edited by Valrahk, Oct 26 2011 - 11:11 AM.

#7 Offline rabbit

rabbit
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,051 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2011 - 11:39 AM

OH!!!! it's you! i never looked at your username until now!is that piraka game coming back?

imx_327053664.png

Exo-Force RPG Profiles- Max Layer

#8 Offline Valrahk

Valrahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,339 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2011 - 02:37 PM

OH! !!! it's you! i never looked at your username until now!is that piraka game coming back?

It might, but not right now. My focus is on Elders and schoolwork right now, as well as something... else. You'll see on Friday.

#9 Offline Cadmium Kyogre P~M

Cadmium Kyogre P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 466 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2011 - 06:19 PM

Ooooh, yay, a Valrahk game!You should do an update of Piraka Mania!On topic: Pretty cool, I think I played the demo one time... I think I'll give it a shot... -- :ruru: EDIT: Wow, I didn't even read the post above mine... What a noob I am..

Edited by Piraka~Mistika, Oct 26 2011 - 06:28 PM.

"Your lives that I spit on are now but a caricature of a cartoon drawn by a kid who is stupid!

3DS FC:   5412 - 9945 - 2378

steam_sig.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#10 Offline Valrahk

Valrahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,339 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 28 2011 - 03:20 PM

The Enhanced Soundtrack Version of Demo 2 is uploaded!I'll just leave this here...It's a blog post about the mp3 version's soundtrack, if you must know...Enjoy.

#11 Offline Hukster

Hukster
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,524 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 31 2011 - 11:30 PM

Yay! You're back with making RPG games! I'll be sure to download this. Really great games you have. WEEGEE

gold_by_billopo-d4o3xgk.png

#12 Offline Valrahk

Valrahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,339 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 22 2011 - 10:52 PM

I just posted two new screenshots from Act II, specifically from its once super-secret second dungeon. I figure that, a month after release, it's no longer a spoiler to say that the dungeon is a colossal library.By the way, did anyone spot the little Ghostbusters reference I snuck in there?

#13 Offline Hukster

Hukster
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,524 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 04 2011 - 09:38 PM

Great game so far! I like how you made it so you can decide what type of element each character could be. Can't wait for Demo 3!WEEGEE

gold_by_billopo-d4o3xgk.png

#14 Offline Valrahk

Valrahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,339 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 05 2011 - 04:42 PM

Great game so far! I like how you made it so you can decide what type of element each character could be. Can't wait for Demo 3!WEEGEE

The next game update won't be for a while yet - I've been busy designing games for classes this semester, and unfortunately Elders hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. The good news is that I've gotten some really good work done on the next Act's first dungeon, and it's about 75% complete, with some story segments left to program and making sure that everything is properly connected left to do (and a few other details, like making sure all the enemies get placed, etc.). After that, I can go back to the next island and start working with a new character, and...
Spoiler
As far as the elements go, I made sure to make that as flexible as possible, to allow for a wide variety of strategies. Speaking of which, that still-secret battle system enhancement is going to allow for a mind-boggling array of different strategies, once fully implemented.

#15 Offline Akavakaku

Akavakaku
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 269 posts

Posted Jun 25 2014 - 09:02 PM

I'd like to try this, but... which file should I download? Should I start with Demo 1?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) 

-Takuaka: Toa of Time

Marendar, the Legend of Spherus Magna: http://www.bzpower.c...-spherus-magna/

Get in the Robot entry: Kalmah's Conquest Exo http://www.bzpower.c...s-conquest-exo/

My BZRPG character: http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=668767

#16 Offline Emzee

Emzee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • BZPRPG Guru & Senior Staff

• 6,734 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jun 25 2014 - 09:04 PM

You can download any of them. Each download is self contained if I recall correctly. 

This game does bring back old memories

3) No topic revival. Please do not post in topics that have been inactive for sixty days or more, or the topic will be closed. If it was still needed for discussion, people would have kept it going. If there's new information relating to the previous topic, but that topic is too old to revive, then it's probably fine to create a new thread.

Still gotta close it though.

Edited by Emzee, Jun 25 2014 - 09:07 PM.

FCG Devlog Entry #7: Project Update

plb_banner_teaser.jpg

BZPRPG: News | General Discussion | My Profiles

Sesseta Wokapu | Ra'lhen | Wokodin | Wokiya Catarix

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users