Set Review: 70126 Crocodile Legend Beast

I love all the Legend Beasts, and the Wolf is my favorite, but the Crocodile definitely deserves points for elegance. It has a fantastic balance of blocky and streamlined shapes, perfect for a LEGO creature. It also has a stylish color scheme and a unique build. The hinge in the center of the body really adds to its lifelike appeal.

The Cragger minifigure in this set is not terribly unique. He's the same as the most common variant from last year, except without that variant's tattered red cape. It's a bit of a shame that he, Worriz, and Laval don't have their trademark capes in the Legend Beast sets, since that would make these sets ideal ways to pick up these minifigures.

At the same time, the Legend Beast sets are still a great opportunity for people just getting into Legends of Chima to acquire the characters in their classic outfits if they missed out on them last year. The only one of last year's six main characters people would miss out on this way is Razar, since there is no Raven Legend Beast in this year's sets. I hope that maybe next year we might see Legend Beasts for tribes like the Ravens and Rhinos who didn't get any this year.

One correction I should make... I think calling the croc on the back of the box "CGI" might be misleading. It was indeed probably painted using a computer rather than traditional media, but when people hear CGI they tend to think of images created with 3D rendering software, not 2D illustrations like this one. I love illustrations like this, and kind of miss the days when they were so very prevalent in the Ninjago theme (granted, they aren't as necessary now that the spinner game and the play cards connected with it are no more, but it felt really awesome to have a colorful and exciting portrait of each and every minifigure character in the sets).

Overall, I really look forward to adding the Crocodile Legend Beast to my collection. I'm also excited for when the new joints get added to LEGO Digital Designer so I can more easily design Legend Beasts and other articulated creations of my own!

I have been working on catching up with all of the story-driven Lego themes, and these sets really interest me. It seems like a good way to pick up most of the main Chima cast plus the new ball-joints.

As for this set in particular, I think that this is the Legend Beast that interests me the least. The other ones just look much more bulky.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46