My LDD designs

Bionicle

Turaga Lhikan

turaga_lhikan.png

Toa Hagah (The others)

toa_hagah_gaaki_pouks_bomonga_kualus.png

Toa Nidhiki

toa_nidhiki.png

Bionoir (or Bionicle: The Next Generation)

Toa Matru (their descendants to 7 very difference Toa)

Toa Tahuva (Toa of Fire;descendant of Tahu)

toa_matru_tahuva.png

Toa Gaakila (Toa of Water;descendant of Gali)

toa_matru_gaakila.pngToa Kualum (Toa of Ice;descendant of Kualus)

toa_matru_kualum.pngToa Bomagnus (Toa of Earth;descendant of Bomonga)

toa_matru_bomagnus.pngToa Kongo (Toa of Air;descendant of Kongu)

toa_matru_kongo.pngToa Hewku (Toa of Stone;descendant of Hewkii)

toa_matru_hewku.png

Takanova (Toa of Light;descendant of Takanuva)

toa_matru_takanova.pngTuraga Kopaka (The Last of The Mata/Nuva)

turaga_kopaka.pngJaga Klaw (Turaga Kopaka's noble beast;The Evolved Form of The Rahkshi)

jaga_klaw.png King Tumus (The King of Skrall City;The Main Villain)

king_tumus.png

"Mishave" (A member of The Dark Hunters,and The Second-In-Command of King Tumus)

mishave.pngNidhiki Clones (The Clones of Nidhiki,they seek and destroy Toa if they found them)

nidhiki_clone.png

My thoughts:

A more original build for Turaga Lhikan would be nice. Ideally, it'd be cool if his legs were shorter, but there aren't a whole lot of options for shorter legs on LDD without losing detail. Also, don't be afraid to use the hinge tool to put characters in better poses! For a character with no bend in their knees, it's OK to have them standing straight up and down (albeit a bit boring). However, for characters with pre-bent knees like this, you might want to hinge them, since it currently looks like he's leaning forward. Also, if you want to use the same gold color as the original Toa Lhikan set, you can! The color is called 147 Metallic Sand Yellow, and it can be found in the Legacy section of the color palette. It doesn't need it, though — I actually think 297 Warm Gold looks nicer and did not mind at all when it replaced Metallic Sand Yellow.

Your Toa Hagah are a little bit boring, and also difficult to recognize as the characters. I know you're working with part constraints since LDD has lots of Hero Factory parts but not a lot of BIONICLE parts, but there are ways you could use the available parts to your advantage while still keeping the characters more recognizable.

For one thing, the colors could be improved. It looks like you used 312 Medium Nougat for Pouks's primary color. However, brown BIONICLE sets typically used darker colors. The sets of 2004–2005 used 217 Brown, which seems to be the color you were trying to imitate. You can find this color in the "Legacy" section of the color palette. Or you could use 192 Reddish Brown, Avak's primary color. You could also make the colors of the models brighter by using their primary colors (black, brown, etc) for more parts of their skeletons.

Also, the upper arms of all four lack detail, and certainly don't have the beefy shoulderpad look that the original Toa Hagah had. Instead of using a 4M shell (90640), why not use a 3M shell (90641) together with a shell detail element like 98592 or 98571? As an added bonus, these will give the shoulders more detailed textures, which helps them look more BIONICLE-ish.

The shields, too, lack the characteristic oblong shape and high detail of Norik and Iruini's Rhotuka shields. Instead of the plain-looking 98606, why not use more elaborate pieces like 61805? While you're at it, why not improve the very basic torso shells you have currently with extra armor pieces like 98589? That will also let you potentially add more of the characters' primary colors to their designs so the metallic colors don't dominate quite so much.

Personally, I don't like using certain Hero Factory masks for BIONICLE heroes because of molded "sci-fi" details like microphones and antennae. But these are minor details that can be easily ignored, so if it doesn't bother you there's no need to change them.

Toa Nidhiki looks great and has an awesome color scheme. No complaints there.

Your original Toa creations bother me a bit for various reasons. For one thing, they use a LOT of colors. Also, some of the shells are attached in ways that don't help the figures' aesthetics, like Tahuva's upper arms or Kualum's upper legs. And Bomagnus's proportions look incredibly wonky (I'd recommend keeping the legs MUCH shorter, unless you want to also increase the size of the torso and come up with a story reason why he'd be absurdly tall compared to his teammates).

Turaga Kopaka and your villain designs are nice, though. They're the most creative designs of this whole batch of MOCs, and it really helps them a great deal. I can't help but notice that all of these original characters of yours, unlike your Toa Hagah MOCs, are built in standard LDD mode, not LDD Extended Mode. Are you planning to build these characters in real life, or had you just not discovered the wonders of LDD Extended Mode when you built these characters? The color schemes of the villains and Turaga Kopaka don't need any changes, but the colors of your Toa feel a bit cluttered.

If you're interested in using official BIONICLE colors in your creations, I have a BIONICLE color chart that you can copy and paste into any of your files in order to sample the colors using the eyedropper tool. I also have a spreadsheet that explains what each of these colors was used for in the BIONICLE theme. Obviously you're free to use other colors in your MOCs, like 37 Bright Green. You used this color for Toa Nidhiki — it never actually appeared in the BIONICLE theme, but perhaps it should have. It's a lovely color.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I just see that you have a lot of potential as a builder and wanted to offer some tips on how you could improve your digital building even further!

My thoughts:

A more original build for Turaga Lhikan would be nice. Ideally, it'd be cool if his legs were shorter, but there aren't a whole lot of options for shorter legs on LDD without losing detail. Also, don't be afraid to use the hinge tool to put characters in better poses! For a character with no bend in their knees, it's OK to have them standing straight up and down (albeit a bit boring). However, for characters with pre-bent knees like this, you might want to hinge them, since it currently looks like he's leaning forward. Also, if you want to use the same gold color as the original Toa Lhikan set, you can! The color is called 147 Metallic Sand Yellow, and it can be found in the Legacy section of the color palette. It doesn't need it, though — I actually think 297 Warm Gold looks nicer and did not mind at all when it replaced Metallic Sand Yellow.

Your Toa Hagah are a little bit boring, and also difficult to recognize as the characters. I know you're working with part constraints since LDD has lots of Hero Factory parts but not a lot of BIONICLE parts, but there are ways you could use the available parts to your advantage while still keeping the characters more recognizable.

For one thing, the colors could be improved. It looks like you used 312 Medium Nougat for Pouks's primary color. However, brown BIONICLE sets typically used darker colors. The sets of 2004–2005 used 217 Brown, which seems to be the color you were trying to imitate. You can find this color in the "Legacy" section of the color palette. Or you could use 192 Reddish Brown, Avak's primary color. You could also make the colors of the models brighter by using their primary colors (black, brown, etc) for more parts of their skeletons.

Also, the upper arms of all four lack detail, and certainly don't have the beefy shoulderpad look that the original Toa Hagah had. Instead of using a 4M shell (90640), why not use a 3M shell (90641) together with a shell detail element like 98592 or 98571? As an added bonus, these will give the shoulders more detailed textures, which helps them look more BIONICLE-ish.

The shields, too, lack the characteristic oblong shape and high detail of Norik and Iruini's Rhotuka shields. Instead of the plain-looking 98606, why not use more elaborate pieces like 61805? While you're at it, why not improve the very basic torso shells you have currently with extra armor pieces like 98589? That will also let you potentially add more of the characters' primary colors to their designs so the metallic colors don't dominate quite so much.

Personally, I don't like using certain Hero Factory masks for BIONICLE heroes because of molded "sci-fi" details like microphones and antennae. But these are minor details that can be easily ignored, so if it doesn't bother you there's no need to change them.

Your original Toa creations bother me a bit for various reasons. For one thing, they use a LOT of colors. Also, some of the shells are attached in ways that don't help the figures' aesthetics, like Tahuva's upper arms or Kualum's upper legs. And Bomagnus's proportions look incredibly wonky (I'd recommend keeping the legs MUCH shorter, unless you want to also increase the size of the torso and come up with a story reason why he'd be absurdly tall compared to his teammates).

Turaga Kopaka and your villain designs are nice, though. They're the most creative designs of this whole batch of MOCs, and it really helps them a great deal. I can't help but notice that all of these original characters of yours, unlike your Toa Hagah MOCs, are built in standard LDD mode, not LDD Extended Mode. Are you planning to build these characters in real life, or had you just not discovered the wonders of LDD Extended Mode when you built these characters? The color schemes of the villains and Turaga Kopaka don't need any changes, but the colors of your Toa feel a bit cluttered.

If you're interested in using official BIONICLE colors in your creations, I have a BIONICLE color chart that you can copy and paste into any of your files in order to sample the colors using the eyedropper tool. I also have a spreadsheet that explains what each of these colors was used for in the BIONICLE theme. Obviously you're free to use other colors in your MOCs, like 37 Bright Green. You used this color for Toa Nidhiki — it never actually appeared in the BIONICLE theme, but perhaps it should have. It's a lovely color.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I just see that you have a lot of potential as a builder and wanted to offer some tips on how you could improve your digital building even further!

That's okay.

My thoughts:

I feel sorry for you Aanchir, such a short reply to your well thought criticism.

Anyway, I've gotta agree, The hagah need some improvement, However I like SOME of the names, and

the concept of your continuation is good. One more thing to note, is that Kopaka could be a little smaller,

considering he is a Turaga (he looks more like a toa >.< ).

Bike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/