The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator

Sumiki

Recently, I took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test. It was a mere curiosity at first, but before the day was done, I was looking at descriptions that described my personality better than I could.The MBTI breaks down human personality onto four dichotomies, with sixteen possible types stretching across all facets of human personality.

Thus, this is a topic to post your personality type - preferably along with some of the things you've noticed. They don't have to be pros or cons, necessarily, just few notes about experiences related your type. Mainly, I want to see what personality traits are common amongst BZPower members.

I am an INTJ. It's one of the rarest types, but I've run into a handful outside of my immediate family. It's the bits of society that don't make sense that are incredibly aggravating, and as a result I get frustrated at incompetency very quickly. I've also never felt genuine sympathy for any fictional character, which is pretty odd by INTJ standards.

So ... what's yours?

Edited by Sumiki
  • Upvote 5

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

whoa no way is INTJ the rarest types whenever i see people talking about myers briggs it's always the most common type. that might just mean that INTJs are more likely to be interested in their myers briggs.

anyway im ENTP get at me

Edited by ~JC~

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

whoa no way is INTJ the rarest types whenever i see people talking about myers briggs it's always the most common type. that might just mean that INTJs are more likely to be interested in their myers briggs.

Statistically speaking, INTJs comprise about 2% of the population.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I have never heard of this, but dang it, they're good. I'm an INTP (Introvert, iNtuition, Thinking, Percieving). Like the description says, I'm very distant, occasionally offensively so, and very amenable unless one of my principles are violated. I love systems, such as computers, Legos, patterns, languages, space, etc. I'm also always second guessing myself, never quite sure what to do in hard situations. I really do like many of the strategic games they listed, but not so much a fan of word games. Basically, that was pretty much dead-on accurate from only 70 or so questions.

• Upvote 2

Well this is a unique idea for a topic. =P Myers-Briggs can be pretty insightful. I've taken it a few different times over the years, and I'm a consistent INTJ. Go figure.

JRRT

Used to always get either ENFJ or ENTJ, but last time I took it a few weeks ago I got ESFP, which isn't honestly that surprising since A. I've grown a lot since I last took it and B. I'm usually only mildly on one site or the other for each one, so variation isn't that surprising.

Edit: Scratch that, just took this one, back to ENFJ. Farthest any of them got was 25%, being fairly middling would explain the fact I've had three different results:

ScreenShot2014-03-11at25220AM_zpse3f5bf7

Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png

Hmm.. I took this a long time ago yet I surprisingly have this still on my desktop in a text document

INTJ
Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(88%) Judging(33%)
You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)
I can't remember which site I used but yeah.. that is what I got. So yeah INTJ for the win.
I think i am going to take it again just to be sure.. As I said it was a while ago
Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

INTJ. Yep that's me to a T.

I could yak everyone's ears off all day on this subject, but INTJs, in addition to being independant, have a continual drive for self-improvement. Also, the independant logical creativity bonds well to following stories or building creative works of our own, which is why I expected to see a lot of them here.

Fun fact: the proper name for this personality type is "introverted intuition with thinking". This means that your intuition is your dominant (most powerful) function, which means that you understand things without having to understand all the details behind all of them (or, you theorize, have a hunch, etc). However, this function is introverted, meaning that you take in information, using your intuition, best while you are alone. (This frequently lends itself to reading books. :shrugs:)

By contrast, your second function, Thinking, is a decision-making process that happens in the outside world. This needs to happen with other people. It's extraverted. It's logical, which means that you aren't swayed by people's interests or feelings when making decisions. (This can create tension with other people real easily if their interests aren't considered and that matters to them!)

So the essence of an INTJ is taking the information derived while alone and bringing it to other people to bounce it off for decision making. (How many times have I used this insight on here? So many.)

You'll often find that you will get along okay with ENTJs and ESTJs, since Thinking is also extraverted, although INTJs hate being shoved around, but logic will often dissipate tension. ENTPs and ENFPs share your intuitive dominant function, so you might end up working for them, although you will find that you are the one doing all the work and finishing all the projects.

Finally, for any personality type, the J or the P indicates which function (decision making (J) or information intake (P)) is extraverted. This is irrelevant to whether introversion or extroversion is dominant. So a type can be read (Introversion or Extraversion) (Information Intake Method) (Decision Making Process) (Indicator of Which is Extraverted). In the case of INTJ, it's (Introverted) (Intuition (N) ) (Thinking (T)) (J, which indicates that T is extraverted). For ENTP, it would read (Extroverted) (Intuition) (Thinking) (P, which indicates that intuition is extraverted).

I have lots more theories/debate here, but that's the most relevant portion IMO.

Hmm.. I took this a long time ago yet I surprisingly have this still on my desktop in a text document

INTJ
Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(88%) Judging(33%)
You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)
I can't remember which site I used but yeah.. that is what I got. So yeah INTJ for the win.
I think i am going to take it again just to be sure.. As I said it was a while ago

Welp just redid it and here is the new result

INTJ
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(100%) Judging(67%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (100%)
You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)
Still INTJ but slightly different numbers. So yeah not surprising in all honesty.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I got myself the ISTP type:

Introvert(89%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(22)%

• You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (50%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I used to be an ISTJ, but then matured a bit, moved to INTJ and am pretty firmly rooted there now. I consider this a blessing and a curse; while it's awesome to have a nickname for my type as rad as "the Mastermind" it also has a long list of faults I sometimes don't realize until after the effects of those faults comes about. Either way, I'm still learning about myself so it's a long road.

It's true that we do compromise a vast minority of the population but we're also among those more willing to disclose our type and talk about it. Let's also not forget that despite our introversion we do also congregate because of similar interests and exploits, as we do here, and thus a modest number of INTJs coming out of the woodwork doesn't mean we are actually populous by any stretch of the imagination, only that there are a fair number of INTJs here and now.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Introvert(56%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(1%) Judging(11%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

I'm an ISTJ, whatever that is? I'm really not sure I trust the results here, because a lot of the questions I couldn't answer accurately either way, so it felt a bit like flipping a coin. I'm not sure I got anything useful out of it. Only bits of the ISTJ description ring true.

• Upvote 2

I got ENTJ which makes amazing since

ENTJ

Extravert(11%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(62%) Judging(22%)

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)

You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)

You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Edited by Tahukan The TaVo-Matoran

:voyanui:

INFJ

Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(12%) Judging(44%)

• You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Not sure what all of this means. The quiz itself was highly vague and I feel like if you didn't answer one way, it would consider it as scoring it the other way. Like preferring strong emotions over thinking things through. I selected no, but that was because I felt both were important to consider when making a decision. I suppose that might actually show in my results as the difference is slight. Still, I am not too sure what to make of the percentages.

After reading the in-depth description I feel it is a bit hit or miss with me. I do enjoy writing and I can express myself better on paper than other communication at times, but I do not have any interest in politics and I don't consider myself a humanitarian. There have been times in my life where I have shut out people almost entirely, but it wasn't just because of my personality. I do have a select few friends that I trust to talk to and sort out my feelings with and I am not the most trusting person when it comes to friendship, but I also do have aquantences and I like them. I feel like the description might be somewhat accurate, but not precise. It's not something I will take to heart, but this was interesting to say the least.

Edited by Unikitty Tekulo

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I'm really not sure I trust the results here, because a lot of the questions I couldn't answer accurately either way, so it felt a bit like flipping a coin. I'm not sure I got anything useful out of it.

A lot of the questions seemed to flip in terms of context. What you would do vs what you can do. And some were not very clear on establishing which of those contexts the question belongs in.

It also labels me as ENFP which I would not entirely consider accurate.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

i think it's hilarious how apparently INTJs are really rare, but at least two thirds of the people in this topic got INTJ as their result

also, i'm an INTP, although i've taken the quiz multiple times and scored ISTP as well. the whole "slight preference" thing can really throw you, as some of the questions are definitely kind of vague, and i've answered a few of them differently without realizing it. personally, i think INTP fits me much better, though.

INTJ [introvert(89%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(88%) Judging(67%)]

I've done this test a few times before, with widely similar results. As much as I respect the psychology of Carl Gustav Jang, the test's accuracy seems debatable at best (not saying I'm don't fit the INTJ description perfectly, I just debate that it's too easy to encounter problems in a survey-esque personality test, especially if you're projecting ideals of yourself, either consciously or unconsciously). Still, an enjoyable past-time (i'm jim moriarty, roose bolton and smaug lul).

pNNgXax.jpg

A year or so I took the test twice (from two different sources, I think) and got two different results, which I have course copied down. The first was ISTP, and the second was ISTJ. According to the results from both, I am very strongly introverted over extroverted, something which I definitely agree with. Both also suggested I have a distinct preference for thinking over feeling, which I suppose could either be accurate or inaccurate depending on the situation. To be honest I don't even know what i means to have a preference for thinking over feeling.

The other two letters are more wishy washy. One result said I had a moderate preference toward sensing over intuition while the other said it was a slight preference. And one test said I had a slight preference toward perceiving over judging while one said I had almost no preference.

So yeah, that's that. I'm not entirely convinced this is a great system for labeling people (or if we should even be putting these sorts of labels on people at all). Some of the questions, if I recall correctly, are hard to answer or unclear of in terms of context. So while I don't entirely disagree with the letters I'm labeled as, I can't really say 'yeah that's me' either.

:shrugs:

EDIT: Out of curiosity I took it again and got INTJ (strong preference I, slight preference N, moderate preference T, marginal/no preference J). I think what I'm supposed to take from this is how I answer a question depends on the context in which I answer it, and different contexts will yield different results I guess. Not exactly helpful. Personally I don't put much stock in this result. I think I spent most time on the one that gave me ISTJ so... let's go with that.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

The internet is a amazing source of finding out who you are, here are a few charts that work here.

391491_276294929138746_687667424_n.jpg

I'm a Hyena, and proud :D

http://marissabaker.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/lotr-mbti.jpg

Gimli....Not bad at all.

http://pamdidner.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/MBTI1.png

How did they know I love Han Solo :D

And for all of you INTJ's,

http://ibibliophilia.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/intj-poster6.jpg

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

I'm an INTJ...

...but I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. I am a highly logical, thoughtful person, but I also possess a distinct affinity for the creative arts (particularly music, writing, and graphic design) which didn't seem to register so well in this particular test. So, I dunno. I guess personality is a hard thing to pin down, beyond the obvious traits. :P

Introvert(56%) Sensing(1%) Thinking(1%) Judging(11%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

I'm an ISTJ, whatever that is? I'm really not sure I trust the results here, because a lot of the questions I couldn't answer accurately either way, so it felt a bit like flipping a coin. I'm not sure I got anything useful out of it. Only bits of the ISTJ description ring true.

pretty much exactly this. i'm also an ISTJ, apparently. i don't quite remember the percentages and i accidentally closed the page with them lol, but i think it was moderate Introvert, slight or no Sensing, significant Thinking and moderate Judging if it matters at all.

Edited by Squishyfrog

overlordsukapon.png

One thing I recommend for all beings dissatisfied with the test is Do What You Are: Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type by Paul D. Tieger & Barbara Barron-Tieger. That one lets you decide your own. Another one is Now What: The Young Person's Guide to choosing the Perfect Career, which has a slightly better test. (I would scan it, but I'm pretty sure that falls under copyright violations.)

One other thing is that the test is just a theory, not hard science. Don't freak out if you don't fit perfectly in it.

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 1

I got ISFJ.

Introvert(44%) Sensing(25%) Feeling(25%) Judging(56%)
Not sure how much stock I put in this, though. I was unsure about a number of the questions and I'm pretty sure I've gotten different results in the past (both from quizzes and from self-evaluation). And I'm not sure whether an online quiz alone is adequate when it comes to measuring this sort of thing.
Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I got INFJ

Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(38%) Judging(22%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Out of curiousity, some famous INFJ's: Martin Luther King Jr., Nelson Mandela, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Robert Burns, Billy Crystal

Some fictionial INFJ's: Luke Skywalker, Tinman (Wizard of Oz)

Surprise, surprise: recommended careers include Actor, Writer, Entrepreneur, Counselor, Teacher, Psychologist, Photographer, Religious Worker (we'll stay away from that though). Psychology has been an interest I've been unable to act upon, I love writing, I have both taught and counselled already, I like acting (just as a small-group hobby thing though, not for a career), and I've wanted to get into photography for a long time. People keep telling me to be an entrepreneur, but of course you need a good idea and that doesn't interest me at the moment. Basically, I should theoretically do best in jobs that allow me to explore my creativity. Go figure.

This type is described as "deep and complex" (isn't everybody deep and complex though like seriously). Driven by strong values, and seek out meaning in all areas of life. Innate ability to understand other's feelings. Can seem extroverted due to their interest in people and society (that actually describes me really well). I have been told I'm a good listener IRL, although my inability to keep my attention on a text chat means I'm less than sub-par with this online. :P INFJ's have a talent for language (orly) and are good at expressing themselves out on paper (my teachers continuously tell me I'm excellent at this and that my writing is beautiful... woooo). Quiet and sensitive, but can be good listeners - but if they don't take an overt leadership role, they often act as quiet influencers behind the scenes (man these people KNOW ME HERE).

They prefer to study subjects involving abstract theories and ideas rather than concrete facts and information (which explains my total disinterest in mathematics and the natural sciences). They enjoy learning about people, society, literature, and art. Can be difficult to get to know because they are reserved and quiet, and place a high value on close, deep relationships. They can be hurt easily, but often hide this from others.

All of the above matches me, but this does not: usually get good grades. Then again, I did get high grades in my literature courses, and the film course, so my low marks in biology and math probably just have to do with my supreme dislike of them?

Anyway, this has been quite the exploration of my personality. It fits me like a glove. Or a sock, socks are better than gloves.

(Unless it's summer in which care no socks)

• Upvote 3

I am an INTP, which suits me fantastically well. :)

akanohi.png

Akano's Comics
BZP's resident "MOO" obsesser. My Blag.
"Quality trumps potential every single time. Why? Because all potential means is that you might become great. Quality means that you already are." -Kahinuva
We are the Order of Absolutely Crazy People. Sometimes, that's all it takes.
My stories: Inventor of Metru Nui, My Transformation, My Transformation Part II, Inventor of Metru Nui Rewritten
qs10544.jpg
qs10544.jpg

I got INFJ

A fellow infajig! 8D

Yeah, I looked it up and apparently INFJ is the rarest personality type. Only around 1-3% of the population is associated with this type.

Also apparently we are pandas according to that lovely chart above. Also Ben Kenobi. I say we use our wisdom and the force to become the ultimate Panda Jedi warriors on this site.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Wow... INTJs would be palpatine according the star wars chart thingy.. Dang.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I've taken similar tests before, but never this one. The results seem more accurate than tests I've taken in the past, although iPersonic came close, although the questions as well as the results were a little more generic. The only downside is that neither iPersonic nor the Myers-Briggs tell you which Avenger you are. But apparently, out of renowned Victorian-era novelists I'm Mark Twain. I'm happy with that.

The test says I'm an ENFP, which I can't argue with in the least. It's a bit eerie how accurate it is, actually. So many times while reading the description I just said to myself, "EXACTLY."

The internet is a amazing source of finding out who you are, here are a few charts that work here.

Amen. For instance, I found this. This is exactly what my life is like. XD

According to your charts I'm a Merry Jinn the Orangutan. I don't see how any of them connect.

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Edited by Nuile the Paracosmic Tulpa

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

INTP

Introvert(56%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(38%) Perceiving(44)%

• You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
  • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

Make of this what you will.

Morally unambiguous.