BBC#67, Halo: Tiny Co-op!

Shadrahk

Hey there! I don't post often, but this latest BBC contest theme has inspired me to hop back on the forums. I've had these guys lying around for a quite while, and this contest seemed to be the perfect opportunity for me to finally post them.

Here we go! This is Halo: Tiny Co-op!

Two brave Spartan soldiers face off against a hunter, the Covenant's biggest and baddest warriors.

Only this time, they're tiny.

Reference Pictures:

Hunter

Spartan

Just click the pictures for higher resolution!

entrypicth.jpg

But as most Halo players know, you never encounter just one; hunters like to bring buddies too.

halodualfinth.jpg

Some close-ups of the hunter:

hunterfrontth.jpg

hunter2th.jpg

Close-ups of the Spartans (or Tiny-Chiefs, as I like to call them):

chief1th.jpg

The creative process behind Tiny-Chief is a tad interesting I think; I didn't plan on building him in the first place! Originally, I was just trying to build a small, posable figure out of only black pieces. I was having trouble figuring out how to do the thighs in black, since I had been using the silver Takadox armor piece as a placeholder but over the next month of tinkering, he kind of evolved into the Chief-like figure. The head was the finishing touch that solidified him as the Chief. I thought about giving him proper hands but I dunno, I think Tiny-Chief is just cuter without them.

Assault Rifle and Energy Sword

chief2th.jpg

Teamkilling scum

chief4th.jpg

And stay down!

hunterdownth.jpg

That's it for now! The full Brickshelf gallery with a few more pictures can be seen here.

Edited by Shadrahk
  • Upvote 7

The Spartans are very well made as well as creatively made; when I first saw their helmets I thought, "That's genius".

The Hunter is also very impressive, I think the weapons are the real highlights on this guy, even though the whole thing is rather brilliantly constructed.

Very nice job. :)

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

This looks very much like what I'd imagine a real Halo set to look like. I like how you did the Spartan helmets, they are simple yet effective. The tubes in the Hunter's gun makes me happy to see as well, for some reason. I guess I just like tubes. :P