BZPRPG Master Index
- Friar Tuck ( PM | Email: email@example.com | AIM: Tucky Unlimited | MSN: firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: bzptucky )
- Nuju Metru ( PM | Email: email@example.com | AIM: bznuju | MSN: ??? | Skype: lesmisfanatic )
- Emzee ( PM | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | AIM: RokaBZP | MSN: email@example.com | Skype: rokabzp )
- EmperorWhenua ( PM | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | AIM: ??? | MSN: ??? | Skype: emperorwhenua )
- Tyler ( PM | Email: email@example.com | AIM: bzdurden | MSN: ??? | Skype: bzdurden )
- General Discussion
- Profile Pages
- BZPRPG FAQ
- Mata-Nui Region Index/Map
- Common Sense Guide
- BZPRPG News and Announcements
What is the official BZPower Role-Playing Game about, exactly? Well, that is for you to decide! In the BZPRPG you take on the persona of a character of your choice, and then what happens from there is your decision! Get a job as a freelancer, trader, hero or one of many other choices. Save villages and defeat your enemies -- the chances are endless! Joining the BZPRPG is exceptionally simple: just post a description of your character here. No approval is required; simple post a profile and start playing in any of the regional topics listed here.
BZPRPG Master Rules
I. General Rules
- All BZP forum rules apply! No flaming, spamming, trolling, inappropriate content, or other rule-breaking actions are allowed.
- Please take all personal disputes and conversations to PM, and if the situation cannot be resolved that way, talk to one of the Hosts or other BZPRPG staff members about the problem. These kinds of disputes are not to be had in the General Discussion topic.
- Do not insult other members.
- Though we are generally more lenient in the BZPRPG when it comes to PG-13 rated content than BZPower at large, please use common sense and remember that many of BZPower's visitors and members are minors. If your post contains inappropriate content or circumvents the word filter, we will ask you to edit the offending section out, or do it ourselves. If you are concerned that your post may be inappropriate, feel free to run it by a BZPRPG staffer before you publish it.
Read Friar Tuck's Guide to Common Sense as a benchmark for acceptable gameplay.
II. Basic Gameplay Rules
- The BZPRPG is a constantly evolving story written by the players, not a video game. You cannot win, nor can you lose.
- You must put "IC:" at the beginning of all role-playing posts. This is so that players recognize that you are posting as your character and adding to the story. IC stands for "in character".
- Conversely, you must put "OOC:" at the beginning of all parts of posts that do not have game content in them. This is called "out of character" and it is what OOC stands for. Keep OOC content to a minimum in role-playing posts and instead use the General Discussion topic for OOC matters.
- You are allowed to double-post in gameplay topics. However, you must wait twelve hours before doing this, so that others have the chance to post a response. The maximum number of posts you can make in a row this way is three.
- God-modding and other overpowered play is not allowed. (See section on God-modding)
- Adhere to basic science, such as gravity, inertia, and nature. Your character cannot bend the rules of the universe to better suit them. Logic and reason come first.
- Objects do not and cannot appear from thin air. You must describe how an object came into your player's possession before they can have it.
- Although the BZPRPG is a game founded in many parts of the BIONICLE canon, there are parts of the canon that the game discards or ignores. Unless something from the BIONICLE canon is acknowledged by a staff source to exist in the BZPRPG, it cannot be assumed to exist in the BZPRPG universe.
III. Character Rules
- Player Characters (PC's) must adhere to all trait-related guidelines as posted in the Profiles topic unless otherwise stated by staff.
- It is required for your character to have one or more weaknesses. Invincibility is illegal.
- In PC versus PC combat, it is extremely discouraged to be unhittable. Dodging every attack thrown at you is a form of God-modding. (See section on God-modding)
- A character's weapons, technological items, mask, and other important belongings of theirs are regarded as extensions of their body. As such, a character's important possessions may not be taken, destroyed, or otherwise affected without the permission of the character's player. Actions which affect a character's possessions without explicitly given permission are autohits.
- PC traits should only be acquired or altered through IC play.
- Do not play as another player's character unless that player has given you explicit permission to do so. Likewise, you cannot kill or seriously injure another character without that player's permission.
- Non-Player Characters (NPC's) are legal to use in your posts. However, recurring NPC's such as personal bodyguards, armies, servants, etc. are not allowed.
- NPCs may be killed without permission from a player, seeing as they do not belong to a player. However, it is recommended that you bear in mind that NPCs are people too, and take just as much effort to kill as any other characters.
IV. God-Modding Rules
God-modding is when your player is performing with unnatural and illegal amounts of power and/or invincibility. The below are forms of GMing which are not allowed:
- Deus Ex Machina's (an unrealistic or improbable way of getting your characters out of a bad situation) are not allowed.
- Auto-hitting (throwing an attack at an enemy character and not allowing them to respond) is not allowed.
- Using powers in battle that are not predefined in one's profile is not allowed.
- If someone hits you where it hurts, then be hurt. Disregarding your weaknesses is not allowed.
- You may not use information gathered OOC in IC posts. This includes details of other players' profiles - otherwise known as "Metagaming" or "Breaking the fourth wall".
- Editing your character's traits directly before a fight in order to make them more suited to that fight is a form of GMing.
- Respect all staff members.
- Respect all staff judgment calls and punishments.
- Staff members reserve the right to do whatever they want to your characters in the IC world as a form of punishment. These punishments are non-negotiable, and a disregard for staff decisions and/or punishments IC will be dealt with severely.
- Do not act like you're staff if you aren't. Backseat moderating isn't helpful to us in running the game. Friendly, helpful tips to other members, however, are welcomed.
THE THREE-STRIKE SYSTEM
As of this year, the staff has decided to employ a three-strike system in order to deal with repeated rule breaking and other severe infractions. Should a player do so to a degree deemed serious by staff, that member will receive a strike. The strikes are here listed with consequences:
- Strike One: Official warning from a staff member.
- Strike Two: Temporary suspension. You are not allowed to post in any BZPRPG topics for an amount of time decided by the staff member giving the suspension.
- Strike Three: Permanent banning from the BZPRPG.
Only Nuju Metru can issue third strikes to members. All BZPRPG staff can give first and second strikes. Please understand that these strikes are to be taken with the utmost gravity.
Please do not post here. Use the Discussion Topic. This topic is only to be used by BZPRPG Staff for updates and rules.
Edited by GSR, Jul 10 2014 - 03:52 PM.