BRoaP Main Topic

LordofBionicles

What's up guys? LordofBionicles here.

I've decided to create a sigle topic for all my videos so that it's easier to follow them, feel free to comment and rate!
BIONICLE: Rise of a Phenomenon is back, available on vimeo and now youtube as well!

So here I present you all my episodes in order:

BIONICLE Rise of a Phenomenon Introduction
BIONICLE Rise of a Phenomenon 1
BIONICLE RIse of a Phenomenon 2
BIONICLE Rise of a Phenomenon 3

And a special brand new episode:

https://vimeo.com/89320807

Please feel free to leave a comment below, if you have a suggestion for what you´d like to see on future episodes or if you think I could improve on something let me know!
Thank you very much
LordofBionicles

Managed to use the media BB code to post the latest video so that it's easier to watch.

Edit: Double post merged.
-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Nice review of The mask of light. I pretty much agree with most of the plot flaws you brought up. I always felt like the mask leading them all over the island was so they could both realise their destiny and become closer. It also allowed the Toa to become united again. Don't know if that was what Lego intended but of so it should have been explained.

I've always enjoyed your show and I look forward for episodes to come. Keep it up buddy!

Edited by Your Evil Friend
  • Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Thank you very much for your comments.

Rise of a Phenomenon 4 is going to be divided into two parts; part 1 is already done and I'm currently working on part 2 hoping it's ready in two days.

So will it be released at the same time or will part 2 come sometime after part 1?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Thank you very much for your comments.

Rise of a Phenomenon 4 is going to be divided into two parts; part 1 is already done and I'm currently working on part 2 hoping it's ready in two days.

So will it be released at the same time or will part 2 come sometime after part 1?

At the same time, I'm trying to work on a new intro for my videos so that's why I'm geting behind schedule.

• Upvote 1

Feel free to take as much time as you need; I enjoy each of these videos quite a bit, and I'm sure that each one takes a while to rehearse and record. You do rehearse these, don't you? Each one sounds as though any hesitation that their might have been has been removed through practice.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

https://vimeo.com/92694174

It's finally here, Rise of a Phenomenon 4 Part 1 which centers around the first half of the year 2003 for Bionicle,

Part 2 will be submitted soon.

https://vimeo.com/92697353

Rise of a Phenomenon 4 part 2 which concudes the very important year of 2003 for Bionicle. hanks for all your positive feedback and Ill see you next time for more BRoaP videos!

Edited by LordofBionicles
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

All of these are great fun to watch. It's refreshing to find another true BIONICLE fan who can make things like this. However, I'd like to dispel one misconception your video on Mask of Light contains: the Matoran text in the Avohkii is an archaic form of Matoran language, which is why Takua can't read it. It's like if you showed Latin to an English-speaker. He recognized the letters and could read it phonetically, but still doesn't know what it means.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

All of these are great fun to watch. It's refreshing to find another true BIONICLE fan who can make things like this. However, I'd like to dispel one misconception your video on Mask of Light contains: the Matoran text in the Avohkii is an archaic form of Matoran language, which is why Takua can't read it. It's like if you showed Latin to an English-speaker. He recognized the letters and could read it phonetically, but still doesn't know what it means.

Oh, now it makes sense! Thanks for telling me, I really couldn't tell the reason behind it although I still liked making fun of it.

• Upvote 1

Oh, now it makes sense! Thanks for telling me, I really couldn't tell the reason behind it although I still liked making fun of it.

No problem. I just watched your LoMN review. LoMN was always my favorite BIONICLE film, even though I think it sometimes meshed poorly with the books and comics (such as the Great Disks being downplayed and the Morbuzakh and Krahka almost totally ignored), and your review was another great one. I do have a few points I should rebut, however:

*Lhikan probably doesn't use his Elemental Powers in the fight at Vakama's Forge because the audience would be confused that Lhikan used Fire powers but none of the Toa use EP for the rest of the movie (which you acknowledge was explained in other media as the Toa expending them all in other adventures, but many filmgoers wouldn't know that).

*Vakama's vision at the chute in Ko-Metru makes sense the same way the others do; him standing next to a giant Lhikan represents his feelings of inadequacy compared to him, as well as being a callback to the Lhikan statue in the Coliseum, and Lhikan turning into a star foreshadows them following his Spirit Star. I don't know why he turns into the UDD symbol, though. The whole series can be vague as to what that symbol and the word "Bionicle" mean to the Matoran in-universe.

*I largely agree that it's strange Vakama is surprised that he can fuse the Great Disks. The process of mask-making is poorly explained at times. I think the way it works is that melting disks together is the only method of fusing normal disks, and only the Great Disks can fuse the way seen in the movie. This further makes sense because, if all disks fused just by being next to each other, it'd be really easy to fuse disks by accident.

**Also, neither the movie nor book says that Vakama made the Disk of Time there in Ko-Metru. He doesn't start carving it into the Vahi until after he's reunited with the other Toa, and he's presumably had a chance to fuse the other three disks together with his.

*Whenua's mask power was always known to be night vision, since 2001. The Great Ruru not only gives night vision, but also limited X-ray vision, which Whenua uses later in the movie. It also physically shines, allowing all of the Toa to see the path, along with being a potential form of attack.

*I agree that Toa Metru are easier to relate to than the Toa Nuva, but the main protagonist of MoL was Takua, who was also quite easy to relate to. The Nuva in MoL fulfill the same narrative role as Lhikan in LoMN, as the already-established hero/mentor figure(s).

Overall, another great BRoaP installation, and I await the next one.

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

No problem. I just watched your LoMN review. LoMN was always my favorite BIONICLE film, even though I think it sometimes meshed poorly with the books and comics (such as the Great Disks being downplayed and the Morbuzakh and Krahka almost totally ignored), and your review was another great one. I do have a few points I should rebut, however:

*Lhikan probably doesn't use his Elemental Powers in the fight at Vakama's Forge because the audience would be confused that Lhikan used Fire powers but none of the Toa use EP for the rest of the movie (which you acknowledge was explained in other media as the Toa expending them all in other adventures, but many filmgoers wouldn't know that).

*Vakama's vision at the chute in Ko-Metru makes sense the same way the others do; him standing next to a giant Lhikan represents his feelings of inadequacy compared to him, as well as being a callback to the Lhikan statue in the Coliseum, and Lhikan turning into a star foreshadows them following his Spirit Star. I don't know why he turns into the UDD symbol, though. The whole series can be vague as to what that symbol and the word "Bionicle" mean to the Matoran in-universe.

*I largely agree that it's strange Vakama is surprised that he can fuse the Great Disks. The process of mask-making is poorly explained at times. I think the way it works is that melting disks together is the only method of fusing normal disks, and only the Great Disks can fuse the way seen in the movie. This further makes sense because, if all disks fused just by being next to each other, it'd be really easy to fuse disks by accident.

**Also, neither the movie nor book says that Vakama made the Disk of Time there in Ko-Metru. He doesn't start carving it into the Vahi until after he's reunited with the other Toa, and he's presumably had a chance to fuse the other three disks together with his.

*Whenua's mask power was always known to be night vision, since 2001. The Great Ruru not only gives night vision, but also limited X-ray vision, which Whenua uses later in the movie. It also physically shines, allowing all of the Toa to see the path, along with being a potential form of attack.

*I agree that Toa Metru are easier to relate to than the Toa Nuva, but the main protagonist of MoL was Takua, who was also quite easy to relate to. The Nuva in MoL fulfill the same narrative role as Lhikan in LoMN, as the already-established hero/mentor figure(s).

Overall, another great BRoaP installation, and I await the next one.

I really apreciate your comments, it's always great to receive feedback. 

I agree with your statement on Lhikan's powers but I insist on my point that he could have still used his mask power.

I hadn't thought about Vakama's inferiority complex in that vision.

You're right about the Disk of Time thing.

I knew about Whenua's mask abilities but after watching the MoL shining throughout the entire past movie I thought it was funny that his Ruru did the same.

Thanks again and be sure to check the upcoming Rise of a Phenomenon episodes!

• 1 month later...