BBC 67 Midna

So I made Midna from The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess for BBC 67. Midna is one of my favourite characters in the series because she has such an interesting story. Unfortunately I found out about the contest very late so I had to rush this together in two days :/ I think the quality suffered a bit because of that.

Here's a link to the reference image: zeldawiki.org/Midna

13254140993_4f5e3b105f_z.jpg

13254351464_740db20c9f_q.jpg13254344464_8cd1ac8975_q.jpg13254342344_cfcf146156_q.jpg

Check out Flickr for more of my stuff: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gamma-raay/

Edited by Gamma-Ray
  • Upvote 2

fazelynx_100.jpgunit_t4-z6a_100.jpgsharp_ed_100.jpgmt-05_100.jpgaeolus_100.jpgzaldrizes_100.jpghysleria_100.jpgnivawk_100.jpg

First, I think you deserve a great deal of credit for making a moc with an amazing resemblance to the source. And the way you made that resemblance, with some very clever building techniques, is also praise worthy.

She is extremely well made from her toes to her--exceptionally well made--hair; with some interesting uses of parts all around. The torso is (for me) a real highlight, also.

The thing that bothers me most, however, is how in the reference picture it looks like she has a bigger crown than the one your moc has. Although, you might have encountered some difficulties trying to duplicate it exactly, in which case the crown here is still quite nice.

Very good job, Gamma-Ray, and good luck to you in the contest. :)

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I think her hair looks really good, I also like the crown :D

Thanks! glad to hear you like it :)

First, I think you deserve a great deal of credit for making a moc with an amazing resemblance to the source. And the way you made that resemblance, with some very clever building techniques, is also praise worthy.

She is extremely well made from her toes to her--exceptionally well made--hair; with some interesting uses of parts all around. The torso is (for me) a real highlight, also.

The thing that bothers me most, however, is how in the reference picture it looks like she has a bigger crown than the one your moc has. Although, you might have encountered some difficulties trying to duplicate it exactly, in which case the crown here is still quite nice.

Very good job, Gamma-Ray, and good luck to you in the contest. :)

Thanks! I really appreciate you taking the time to give such an in depth review! Regarding the crown I couldn't have put it better myself! The shape of that crown is so difficult to duplicate with lego. I tried several different ones but the herocuff piece resembled the crown so much that I chose to make it accurate "look wise" verses "size wise." Thanks again for the praise.

Gamma

fazelynx_100.jpgunit_t4-z6a_100.jpgsharp_ed_100.jpgmt-05_100.jpgaeolus_100.jpgzaldrizes_100.jpghysleria_100.jpgnivawk_100.jpg

All the components are beautiful. The handcuff fused shadow is great, and her hair... hand... thing is probably my favorite part. The legs are brilliant, I admire way you used the slizer head both aesthetically and structurally, and the mizel joints work well. Are they really strong enough to support this build? They must be even better than I thought! Good torso, I'm amazed that the belly button is there. The arms work. My only real issue is that the head needs to be so much bigger! With a smaller body, it would be great, but as it is it throws the whole character off. I get it about accuracy v. scale, but in this case I think the proportions need a little work. And with a bigger head size to work with, I'm sure you could come up with a reasonably accurate build. A 7 to 9 wide head would be ideal, I think?

That aside, wonderful and recognizable build. Gotta love Midna!

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

All the components are beautiful. The handcuff fused shadow is great, and her hair... hand... thing is probably my favorite part. The legs are brilliant, I admire way you used the slizer head both aesthetically and structurally, and the mizel joints work well. Are they really strong enough to support this build? They must be even better than I thought! Good torso, I'm amazed that the belly button is there. The arms work. My only real issue is that the head needs to be so much bigger! With a smaller body, it would be great, but as it is it throws the whole character off. I get it about accuracy v. scale, but in this case I think the proportions need a little work. And with a bigger head size to work with, I'm sure you could come up with a reasonably accurate build. A 7 to 9 wide head would be ideal, I think?

That aside, wonderful and recognizable build. Gotta love Midna!

Thanks! Those small ball joints are great, they have an impressive amount of friction. They can support her quite well in this position. I can agree with you 100% on the head. It really should be bigger. Usually like to spend weeks on a moc making sure it's exactly how I want it. Unfortunately I didn't have that luxury here because I only found out about the contest 2 days before the deadline! Yikes! :o Anyway there might be a revised version coming sometime with better proportions! Thanks for the feedback!

Gamma

Hm, as others have already said the proportions could probably have been shifted a bit - the head is too small compared to the body. Still, it's a nice approximation of Midna, she is definitely recognizable. With the time and parts you had available, it's a job well done. :)