How Well Is Hf Seemingly Selling?

Ektris

So I was just at one of the Wal-Marts near me yesterday, and thought I'd check out the LEGO aisle for old time's sake. I figured I'd take a look at the Hero Factory sets there, since a few have caught my eye. But I noticed something odd. They were indeed rather well stocked when it came to all Hero 3.0 items, but they also still had a plethora of the 2.0 Heroes (with the possible exception of anything to do with Furno or Stormer, on both accounts; but then I didn't look too hard). On top of that, they still had some of the original wave's villains like Xplode and Corrodor. So I was wondering - is this a common trend? Or did I just stumble upon an oddity at my store? In essence, how well does Hero Factory seem to be selling near you? ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I have seen them sell quite well, because at an area LEGO Brand Store, one kid bought all of the 2.0 heroes and villains from that wave, and I bought every set in the late-2011 wave. I think they are selling just fine. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

So I was just at one of the Wal-Marts near me yesterday, and thought I'd check out the LEGO aisle for old time's sake. I figured I'd take a look at the Hero Factory sets there, since a few have caught my eye. But I noticed something odd. They were indeed rather well stocked when it came to all Hero 3.0 items, but they also still had a plethora of the 2.0 Heroes (with the possible exception of anything to do with Furno or Stormer, on both accounts; but then I didn't look too hard). On top of that, they still had some of the original wave's villains like Xplode and Corrodor. So I was wondering - is this a common trend? Or did I just stumble upon an oddity at my store? In essence, how well does Hero Factory seem to be selling near you? ~|ET|~

I've seen stores where 3.0 heroes run out incredibly fast, so I think if anything the fact that 2.0 heroes are staying on store shelves is an indication that the stores overstocked them initially, rather than that the brand isn't selling well. I don't know any of the sales figures for Hero Factory besides that they're probably nowhere near as magnificent as the sales figures for BIONICLE were in 2002. At that time BIONICLE was one of LEGO's most successful product lines, along with Harry Potter, although this may have had more to do with the fact that LEGO was suffering as a company in general than with the theme having sales that would be considered outstanding today. One place where I do know that the Hero Factory theme has been immensely successful is Hero Recon Team. It is currently the tenth best-selling item on shop.LEGO.com, whereas regular DesignByMe products aren't even in the top 25.

They seen to do good, i haven't been to a stor sense 3.0 has been realized (I did got to a lego stor about 2 months ago, and i got Raw-Jaw and Waspix before they were out in other stors) so i can't tell you how they are selling now. But when i went to get Nex 2.0 and a 2nd Surge a few months ago at Target, i saw that there were quite a few but a lot of them were sold. How ever the most bought was Surge 2.0 (in fact, i got the last one) and the most ubunat amount of sets were actually Breez 1.0 (the 2nd to most was Furno 2.0). When it comes to Villans there were about 4 Fire Lords left and i think there were only 3 Nitro Blast, there were mostly DrillDozer.

naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gifNacuu's Slow Dance!!naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gif

A couple weeks ago at the Meijer by me I found like six Rotors, and two VNs in the Clearance aisle! I went back a couple days ago, and found Bulk 1.0!At the T.J. Maxx by me, There was all the Stars, 12 Thunders, and a Dropship. Knowing me, I bought the dropship and a Rotor.

My first (and currently ONLY) MOC on BZP! >

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5426

PLAGUE

14780599_c638_625x625.jpg

Avatar pic taken [and edited] by me. DON"T STEAL IT!

:P

My TRU has berid of the traditional place where BIONICLE and its been given a nice island stocked with a TON of STARS and 1 to 3.0 villains. It was a bit hard finding the 3.0 heroes though. But I would guess it's because of the small borough I live in.

doom4revalt.png

There's a bunch of 1.0 villains at my TRU, and a swarm of 2.0 sets. Plenty of 3.0 sets, too.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

As I understand it, they seem to be selling fairly well. We saw the same thing with BIONICLE; mostly the newest sets are stocked, with a fair amount of the previous wave, and a few stragglers from the line before that. The only 1.0 sets I see any more are the large boxed ones, at Toys R Us. Everywhere else (Target, LEGO store, etc) is focused on 3.0, with a bit of leftover 2.0 stock available. I generally note the Heroes to sell better; whenever I go to buy one, there's always a certain character missing, as he's the most popular.

One place where I do know that the Hero Factory theme has been immensely successful is Hero Recon Team. It is currently the tenth best-selling item on shop.LEGO.com, whereas regular DesignByMe products aren't even in the top 25.

And was, for a little while, the number one product, as reported by BZP.

Wow, okay guys. I wasn't asking to be told I was wrong. I gave a little story and then asked about the state of affairs everywhere; basically your little story. It's a general question. A sightings thread, if you will. Trying to create discussion here. Overstocking does make sense for the overabundance of 2.0 Heroes remaining; just didn't expect that many there given the other nearby Wal-Mart had none when I was there a few weeks ago. ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

At my toys r us, they still have stars($10.99), 1.0($8.99), 2.0($7.99) and 3.0($7.99). but every year the sets get more expensive... i just want to find the manager and punch him in the face! at other stores, all 1.0 sets are completely sold out, and so are most of the fire villains (minus fire lord). i only got a few heroes for this reason. i got every 2010 villain, all the fire villains but fire lord, all savage planet animals but fangz and scorpio, but only heroes were breez, stringer, stormer, evo, nex, bulk 3.0 and nex 3.0. i don't think fighting bulk counts as a hero.

LlqByyh.png