LEGO Movie Blu-Ray Will Come With Vitruvius

Young Vitruvius

According to an article on Brickset, the "Everything is Awesome" collectors edition of the LEGO Movie disc set will include an exclusive Young Vitruvius minifigure. Vitruvius will come along with a copy of the movie on DVD, Blu-Ray, and in digital form. Unfortunately, there's a lack of detail on exactly what collection it will come with or where it will be sold. But it's still an exciting exclusive for us to look forward to, and hopefully it will be widely available so everybody who wants one can get it!

View the full article

"digital form". Does that include iTunes preorders?

Probably not, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I believe it refers to a combo pack that includes the DVD, Blu-Ray, and a code to redeem to get a digital copy of the movie.

They way the BZP write-up is written it seems to imply to me that you can get a minifigure with either a DVD purchase, a Blu-Ray purchase, or a digital download (not sure how that would work). But the Brickset article implies that it's only with the 3D/Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital combo pack so I'll go with that. Anyway, I would be surprised if the DVD version came with anything. Those of us who haven't yet jumped on the Blu-Ray wagon tend to get shorted all the features and exclusives.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

The source on this is slightly dubious, but it wouldn't surprise me if that fig is released that way. I'd suspected that long before this news came out, since sighted Vitruvius is ideal for such a release—he's a purposely-designed special version of a main character who uses all existing parts, and is in fact the first character seen in the movie, meaning his existence is the very opposite of a spoiler.

It seems that the special edition DVD-Blu-Ray-whatever combo pack is what I'll be getting. My family doesn't yet have a Blu-Ray player, but if any movie is going to spur us to invest in one, it'll be a movie like this one that's full of background details that are worth rewinding and pausing to see clearly.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I hope this minifigure ends up totally accurate to the movie! I'm a bit worried that his glittery cape will be the same one as the existing Vitruvius minifigure and not the style used in the opening of the movie (the gown used for the Minifigures Series 5 Graduate and the Minifigures Series 9 Judge), but of course I might not have any reason to be worried at all. After all, the correct gown is still appearing in some sets, and it shouldn't be too much trouble to color it Dark Azure and coat one side with glitter the same way as they did with the other Vitruvius cape.

I wonder if he'd have his staff... I suppose it's not too likely, since these exclusive figs have been assembled in-package with other DVDs, and including the staff would complicate making a blister pack. But maybe the LEGO Group will surprise me. In any case, his staff is easy to make — it's the same as the one from the sets, except with a classic LEGO crystal instead of a Monster Fighters moonstone.

Like Lyi said, the source is a little bit dubious, but this has been one of the most plausible theories for a DVD-exclusive fig for a while, so it wouldn't totally surprise me.

From Eurobricks member SMC in this topic: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84753&st=2300

Here's the minigifure: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/smc/Lego/1395305836777.jpg

Too bad that it has the normal cape instead of the graduate robe. Also, no staff, but I guess that can be made from existing parts.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

From Eurobricks member SMC in this topic: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84753&st=2300

Here's the minigifure: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/smc/Lego/1395305836777.jpg

Too bad that it has the normal cape instead of the graduate robe. Also, no staff, but I guess that can be made from existing parts.

I still hold on to the faint hope that that image is preliminary and the final version will have the correct robes. The staff is easy enough to build, but the proper robes would be tricky to fabricate especially because of the glittery surface.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother